• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold Reticle

Only see the 5-25 and it's out of stock.

Wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't supposed to go on there.... especially at that price. Wonder if it'll be honored for the guys that snagged them.

I don’t remember, do you email for the LE pricing, or do they have a separate site now?

They are listed as out of stock now. Regarding price, the MSRP is listed at $1999 and the TMR is at $2599 as was mentioned before, was not expecting that from Leupold, they usually charge premiums for any reticle not named TMR.

amazing deal for sure. you can equip three rifles for a price of one of other brands. makes the decision easy.

This is pretty much why I find myself in the Leupold camp now. I think are a number of scopes on the market right now that offer an advantage over comparable leupold model, There are also a number of optics such as TT and ZCO that just outclass Leupold. With that being said, I make good money contracting overseas, and I really can not justify dropping 3 to 4 grand for an optic on 4 or 5 different rifles. I can appreciate the engineering that went into some of these optics but at the end of the day, a TT or ZCO is not going to make a me a better shooter.

Oh and......

FUCK! If only I hadn't just bought a scope like 2 weeks ago, I woulda got this one for sure. I was just assuming this one was gonna be at least $2,500-2,750.

Can you backorder one at the current mil/vip price promotion? My buds got an account and I'll have him get me one these at this cheap price if you can backorder.
You'll probably need to contact Leupold directly for that information. AND him getting you one goes against the rules of the Mil/VIP program.

Don't worry they will be popping up for sale in the PX in a month or two for $1400-$1500, ha!
unnamed (2).jpg

Reactions: 5RWill
I'm highly suspicious because it's normal price was $600 less than the cheapest reticle they offer.

Keep is updated! Wish I saw it sooner I would have definitely tried to snag one!

Someone at Leupold finally realized that the 'custom shop' being closed for over a year with no reopen date actually means that its been shut down, so now they dont have to incorporate whatever retarded overhead it had into reticles/new releases.

Vendors aren't supposed to sell below MAP either. Mil/Leo only NV and Thermal stuff is handed over to civilian on purchases. It happens every day. Sorry my request for info touched your ethics nerve. Maybe he'll just give me the scope as a gift, and I will buy a very expensive piece of paper from him.
Sorry you felt the need to submit a hurt feeling report when I said what the rules were. You don't need to patronize me like I don't know how the world works. It's people like you that fuck up special purpose programs by saying bullshit like you did on a public forum where manufacturer reps peruse the threads.

Vendors aren't supposed to sell below MAP either. Mil/Leo only NV and Thermal stuff is handed over to civilian on purchases. It happens every day. Sorry my request for info touched your ethics nerve. Maybe he'll just give me the scope as a gift, and I will buy a very expensive piece of paper from him.

We don’t promote the misuse of well intentioned vendor programs.

Keep it to yourself from now on.

Thanks

I appreciate the LE/MIL program companies like Leupold and Vortex have. I try to pay it forward by telling people about their products that I use on duty and on my personal guns and promote their use.

It helps getting a break on quality gear after having to put up with attitudes like the guy above.

On point I’ll probably be snagging a 3.8-18 for my 6mm ARC build with this reticle.

Looking at the pictures I like this reticle and I think it will really kick ass in the Mark5. I wonder if they will make an illuminated version. If they do without going crazy with pricing, the little 3.6-18x44 Mark5 will be an absolutely spectacular crossover design.

When I say spectacular, I mean that I will buy it.

I tested two Mark5 scopes in the past (3.6-18x44 and 7-35x56) and liked them both for the money quite a lot. I think Mark 5 is a very solid design and the one think it was lacking was reticle options. This new design really helps with that.

As far as 0.2 vs 0.25 mrad goes, I remember criticizing Sightron for doing that, but with Leupold, it is a little different and it might help Sightron too.

For a small player like Sightron to go against the grain, so to speak, is very risky. However, Leupold is a much bigger company and a much bigger name. They can create their own ecosystem if they want to. They might still get burned for that, but I doubt it. They have enough brand equity and marketing muscle.

ILya

If they can somehow keep the illumination price down i couldn't agree more. Though i quite liked my MK5 when i had it and the 3.6-18x44 is definitely on the to buy list now.

Reactions: Itsadryheat
Here's some info I can give you guys since I think they threw it up on their site a little early.

The PR2 will be non illuminated at this time but may be optional in the future. The problem is you need to thicken up the lines slightly in order to have enough composition in it to reflect the light for illumination.

They are releasing a PR1 version that will not have a Tree but will come illuminated and non illuminated.

I don't think the PR2 will be in the 3-18 at this moment but hopefully they do down the road. The PR1 Mil Non-illum and illum will be in both the 3-18 and 5-25.

Here's some info I can give you guys since I think they threw it up on their site a little early.

The PR2 will be non illuminated at this time but may be optional in the future. The problem is you need to thicken up the lines slightly in order to have enough composition in it to reflect the light for illumination.

They are releasing a PR1 version that will not have a Tree but will come illuminated and non illuminated.

I don't think the PR2 will be in the 3-18 at this moment but hopefully they do down the road. The PR1 Mil Non-illum and illum will be in both the 3-18 and 5-25.
^^^That's very helpful.

The PR2 would be a benefit to the 3.6-18 as well, especially for SPR/DMR applications, that being said, an illuminated PR1 could be a very nice crossover scope option that I could see on a hunting/long range rig. Of course, if Burris would come out with illumination and a thicker SCR2 reticle for their XTR III 3.3-18 that could give the Mark 5 some serious competition. Who will make it available first and will Leupold charge $500 for it when it's available, that could make a difference as well.

Just nice to finally see a decent reticle from Leupold.

Reactions: beetroot
Looks like 2021 may be the year of cross over scopes.
I certainly hope so

Reactions: Jip4012
For the curious, here's what the PR-1 MOA reticle looks like (available on Mark 5HD MOA models). I assume you mean Leupold will be releasing a PR-1 MIL in the future.

Yessir, did not put it in the entire post but managed to slip it in at the end lol.

So your .25 on the elevation is your open spaces? Interesting.