• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

I have read his comments and replied on the other forum.

Generally, he seems to be a fairly well respected guy and he seems to be in the Airforce where he claims to have something to do with testing riflescopes for durability. I have never tried to verify any of those claims. He clearly shoots a lot and while I respect his opinion I do not agree with it.

He does seem to hate Vortex with a burning passion of an 18 year old who did not get a blowjob after his high school prom, but I am not sure what caused it.

The complaint about the reticle in the 3-18x is perfectly valid. I think several people here have pointed out somewhat similar things as well. There is no way to please everyone and, honestly, if I were designing a reticle purely for hunting, I would do it a little differently.

In retrospect, I should have put a couple of additional wind holds inside the horseshoe, but I was concerned about it being even busier than it already is. I have some reticle designs that do that, but then I usually end up bumping up the horseshoe size a little, which can have its own set of issues in a scope like this.

That's why there are so many reticles out there. People have different preferences.

MRAD1 was supposed to be a crossover reticle capable of anything in a pinch. Since I like horsehoes/circles for speed and since I was concerned with visbility on low power without illumination I used on. For people who do not like the horseshoe, there is the MRAD reticle. I hope Meopta uses it in the 3-18x50 as well eventually.

ILya

Did you respond on Rokslide? I dont see it.

MRAD1 was supposed to be a crossover reticle capable of anything in a pinch. Since I like horsehoes/circles for speed and since I was concerned with visbility on low power without illumination I used on. For people who do not like the horseshoe, there is the MRAD reticle. I hope Meopta uses it in the 3-18x50 as well eventually.

ILya

This is what people seem to forget, there may be better options for a dedicated hunting reticle or a dedicated long range/tactical/PRS reticle but there is very few FFP reticles that work well in a cross over scope.
The doughnut addresses the main concern with FFP scopes for hunting situations.

This is what people seem to forget, there may be better options for a dedicated hunting reticle or a dedicated long range/tactical/PRS reticle but there is very few FFP reticles that work well in a cross over scope.
The doughnut addresses the main concern with FFP scopes for hunting situations.

Correct. If I was designing a hunting reticle, I would have brought the thick lines in much closer instead using the donut. However, I was going for a much larger open/thin line area for precision shooting. The donut allows me to do that.

The thing where I had to make a judgement call was whether to use a 2 mrad donut with a dot-cross arrangement in the center leaving the rest of the donut open on the inside or whether to use a 3 mrad donut and add some additional structures on the inside.

I went with the first option, which seems to be somewhat controversial. The commentary on that has been very well reasoned on this forum. Perhaps, I should have gone the other way.

Personally, I kinda like it as is and the 3-18x50 with the donut and covered windage really seems to be working well. For people who do not like the donut, Meopta should probably introduce the MRAD reticle in the 3-18x50 in addition to MRAD1.

ILya

Got this from meopta.

Not sure about this

Attachments

• Zplus RD_sup 06-12-2019.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 186
I just want a god damned, quality 1-6X with capped turrets and a daylight bright #4Ai reticle for less than $800
What is your use case for an optic with your listed specs?

What is your use case for an optic with your listed specs?
Hunting static or moving game from 0 to 300 yards. Same use hundreds of thousands of hunters in Europe have.

Believe it or not not everyone wants or needs a mil/mil/ffp scope with a tree reticle and exposed turrets to kill game.

Hunting static or moving game from 0 to 300 yards. Same use hundreds of thousands of hunters in Europe have.

Believe it or not not everyone wants or needs a mil/mil/ffp scope with a tree reticle and exposed turrets to kill game.
You are a bit defensive.

$680 more or less shipped to the US from optictrade.eu

You can also check with EdGunWest. He brings in Stryker scopes and I am sure he can get the Titanium as well.

That's lower than I remembered. It is built by LOW last I recall. It is not a fancy scope, but it is durable and works very well. Good optics and stays zero'ed. The reticle illumination is a single bright dot. The reticle is quite thick and bold.

This type of a scope is sort of a dying breed, unfortunately, because somehow most manufacturers decided they need wide and thin duplex reticles in low power hunting scopes. There are some exceptions, but not many.

I like them rather bold. I still use a comparatively prehistoric 1" tube Burris Fullfield 1.75-5x20 with a really massive #4 reticle. The reticle in the titanium is not quite that big but it really stands out. Keep in mind that there is a 1-5.8x24 Titanium and 1-6x24 Titanium HD. The HD version has a newer eyepiece with a larger image circle.

ILya

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
$680 more or less shipped to the US from optictrade.eu
Why do you specifically want the #4 reticle? The thick plex sections?
My PST 1-6 is daylight bright illumination and the reticle is thick enough to be easily visible.
Glass and FOV is good too.

When it comes to low power driven hunt type scopes, I personally use a Meopta R1 with the k-dot reticle. It works well for me during our driven hunts and it's not terribly expensive. My favourite low power is the Minox ZEi 5.2, though. It's an absolute stunner and I prefer it over the Swarovski Z6i. I haven't tried the less expensive ZX5i but it is supposed to be very good too. Also, Steiner Ranger is supposedly quite good for the money (manufactured by... is it Burris? I don't recall but I wager Ilya can fill us in)...

That said, and getting back to the topic, I ordered the Optika6 3-18 FFP today. Very much looking forward to mounting this on my little rifle.

Anyone know what the deal is with the mrad ret on the 4.5 vs the 3x?
All the sites are showing the 4.5 with a shitty mildot and the 3-18 with the horseshoe ret.

Though they are both listed as Mrad.

I just got what I wanted. Two, Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50 DichroTech 4D 30mm SFP Riflescopes. I was on a waiting list a long time, got the call yesterday that they were in stock, called, they had two and the other wasn't promised so I got both. Extremely happy to get exactly what I wanted and to add these to my rifles.

Reactions: Frankr
I just got what I wanted. Two, Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50 DichroTech 4D 30mm SFP Riflescopes. I was on a waiting list a long time, got the call yesterday that they were in stock, called, they had two and the other wasn't promised so I got both. Extremely happy to get exactly what I wanted and to add these to my rifles.
have you looked through them ,what do you think of dichro recticle

Got this from meopta.

Not sure about this
All of my scopes are MOA, so I like this reticle. The 1 MOA dot in the center makes sense with FFP at low power, but at high power it would cover too much of the target. Unless, it is an open dot. I have seen a picture of that reticle where the dot is open. Can anyone confirm this on the 3-18 FFP.
Thanks for posting that reticle, I've been searching for it all morning.

I Got the 4.5-27 mrad1

The rtz is perfect. Feels better than the gen1 razor and the glass is about equal, maybe a touch better color. Though it does start to cloud after 22x. I would hazard a guess that The 3-18 is the top dog in The optika6 lineup. The eyebox is very good throughout the mag range. The mag ring and side focus are very good, and the adjustable cat tail is a nice touch.

Imo, it's better in every respect compared to the swfa 5-20, and for less$$.

Only time will tell if they hold up.

I'm hoping they put that mrad1 in the 2.5-15, while the reticle is usable, it would be better suited for a hunting scope that may be used for extended ranges.

I'm still not getting the reason for locking elevation but not windage on the 5-30. That plus the slop mentioned in the review is disappointing. I could deal with slop in a windage knob because I'm never going to dial it. It's also very confusing to figure out which reticle is which. They should take a cue from Athlon, I can download every reticle manual .PDF they have so there are no questions.

which guns are they going on?

I'm looking for the 3-18X50 FFP Z-Plus Reticle. Anyone know where/when they will be available?

Just saw this on CameraLand.
I am not related to them, nor do I work for them, but have read on here that they have fairly good prices. Clicked on wrong one; they have one avail for $749.95 w/ SKU 653585 and an MPN of 653585; the above link should be correct one, now. You might want to try calling & telling them you are a member of SnipersHide; maybe they will give you a discount. Can't hurt.

Last edited:
Just saw this on CameraLand.
I am not related to them, nor do I work for them, but have read on here that they have fairly good prices. Clicked on wrong one; they have one avail for $749.95 w/ SKU 653585 and an MPN of 653585; the above link should be correct one, now. You might want to try calling & telling them you are a member of SnipersHide; maybe they will give you a discount. Can't hurt.

[/QUOTE I received my 3x18x56 2fp meopta optika 6. With dichro bdc recticle. I was hoping to upgrade from my 2007 leupold 3.5x10x40 Boone and crocket recticle scope,not illuminated. The dichro recticle disappears with low light in tree stand where leupold still works with no illumination because recticle is black and heavier ,not transparrent.. dichro is of zero use in low light, and the tiny dot can barely be seen when the sun is not straight up. Recticle was way to fine . With glass clarity i could not see any difference in daylight or right at dark on a 300 yard food plot, even with the extra huge objective of the optika 6.. if you turn power to 18 Then the 10 power leupold is clearer buy alot. I assumed the bigger objective would would give greater field of view set on same 10 power. To my surprise leupold 40mm had a larger field of view at 100 yards both on 10 power.. its is a beast of a scope and looks to be build like a tank. It weighs 1.2 pounds more than my leupold. It is going back , it was no upgrade except for higher power. But the bdc recticle works at 7 to 8 power. At 12 power would be better. Leupold had better field of you , way lighter, buy over a pound. just as clear at low light, and I can see recticle on leupold way better at dusk.. only thing it had on my little leupold was it was big and sexy. Recticle would probably be fine with battery illumination.im sure it's a good scope, feels quality , just cant do nothing better than my little leupold. I have a steiner H4XI 4x16x56 ordered as well. Time will tell if it is a upgrade or not. Its will be battery illumination.

I do beleive optika 6 it is a great value and good quality. But not a better hunting scope than my leupold unless you like heavy. With the right recticle and or battery illumination. It would be a good bargain

Sample set of 1 here, but I picked up a 1-6 second hand and noticed that the entire ocular housing is loose and rotates about a 1/4 turn independently of the mag ring. Going to try and get in touch with Meopta USA and see what they say. Other than that, I'm going to reserve judgement.

This finally showed up yesterday.
Maybe get to try it out within a couple weeks 20191226_211734.jpg20191226_211416.jpg

Was able to get some shooting in over the holiday, stretched my Optika6 from 500 out to 1245 yds. The MRAD reticle on the 5-30 was really great for making follow up wind corrections. Still continue to be very impressed with the glass and image quality

Reactions: bman940
Was able to get some shooting in over the holiday, stretched my Optika6 from 500 out to 1245 yds. The MRAD reticle on the 5-30 was really great for making follow up wind corrections. Still continue to be very impressed with the glass and image quality

Great to read! I have one I will be mounting up this weekend on a Bergara 6.5 or .308 LRP. It should absolutely let me wring every cm of accuracy out of this rifle.

I pulled this off the Meopta FB page. The customer gives an initial impression of his Optika6 5-30x56 MRAD IR FFP. One thing I hear all the time is that guys can't believe the glass they get on the Optika6 scopes for the price. Always nice to over-deliver.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 8.49.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 8.49.23 AM.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 132
Does anyone have a actual picture of how the 6.5 Creedmoor reticle looks in real life?

It's pretty clear you don't understand how first focal plane scopes work.
I do. If that dot is not open in the center, it will completely cover a target smaller than 1 MOA. I think that dot might actually be 2 MOA. I will check.

I do. If that dot is not open in the center, it will completely cover a target smaller than 1 MOA. I think that dot might actually be 2 MOA. I will check.
Uhm...the dot in the center will cover the same amount of the target no matter to what magnification you have the scope dialed. Clearly you DON’T get how a 1st focal plane scope works.

Reactions: Alarka
Uhm...the dot in the center will cover the same amount of the target no matter to what magnification you have the scope dialed. Clearly you DON’T get how a 1st focal plane scope works.
Yes, but it will cover a target that is smaller than 1MOA. You wouldn't be able to see a 4" target at 600 yards.

I worded that incorrectly the first time. It would not cover too much of the target. The dot is too big for a small target at distance.

I worded that incorrectly the first time. It would not cover too much of the target. The dot is too big for a small target at distance.
Take another look. That “dot” is an open square, meaning that anything smaller than 1 MOA will be centered inside the open center. Here’s the reticle again for your edification:

17C73488-A46D-4522-8B48-0387C05A5DC2.jpeg