• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Optic From Bushnell, The LRHS

There are a few people that wont answer calls or emails or PM's so Im assuming they dont want theirs. There are a few more available and about 4-5 Rangefinders left.

Call Kenny or Dustin to snag one

(816) 221-1844

At first, I was very excited to see these come out.
It has nearly everything one would want, though I would prefer a bit more magnification (3-15).

It is PRIMARILY a hunting scope, but listed a tactical/hunting.
I was interested in it as a DMR type scope, but the lack of illumination is a deal breaker.
A real shame, as everything else is so well designed.

I agree 100%, I waited patiently for Bushnell to add illumination as an option to their DMR/HDMR line. Finally gave up and bought a Vortex Razor instead. Really don't understand the aversion to this feature, if you don't want it... turn it off.

My aversion is I don't want it, so I don't want to pay for it. Also don't want the added weight and maintenance issues, regardless of how minuscule they may seem to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My aversion is I don't want it, so I don't want to pay for it. Also don't want the added weight and maintenance issues, regardless of how minuscule they may seem to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see your cost argument.... but it could be an optional version - Leupold for example offers much of their line in both illuminated and non-illuminated versions. Weight? seriously what are we talking about here, maybe an ounce? Maintenance issues? Pull the battery out = problem solved. I'm happy for you guys who don't want illumination, hey good for you... you got what you wanted. I'm just saying Bushnell is missing out on my money because they refuse to offer what I want... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That's what's great about America - everyone can pretty much find what works for them instead of being stuck with something. Except we can't find powder....

May I know how the eyebox of the new scope compares with the old one ( Elite Tactical 3-12x44 ) ? both have the same exit pupil spec .

This scope is not a modification of the "old one (Elite Tactical 3-12x44)." It is a completely new design. Per those that designed it, the only thing it has in common is that they are both 3-12x44. Different tube, different saddle, different turrets, different everything.

John

Testing about to commence! Love the specs on this scope.

BATAW4_zpsfbcdf990.jpg

George, any insight on why the scopes are showing up with 50Y minimum parallax when they were initially spec'd and listed as having 20 foot parallax capability in your original post?

I bought two of these with air rifles in mind and with the "as-delivered" 50Y minimum parallax they aren't going to be well suited for the job. With the original 20 foot / 7Y parallax spec they would have been perfect which is why I ordered them... now that they're here and only have 50Y minimum parallax they're not well suited for the rifles and applications I purchased them for and chances are I'll be returning them.

Live and learn I guess, shouldn't have sold the old 3-12 x 44 FFP G2DMRs off the rifles (that had 10Y parallax capability) before I had the LRHS in hand to verify for myself. Now I have two rifles sitting scopeless and two LRHS in hand that won't work for the application because I trusted that the 20 foot / 7Y spec in George's original post would be correct when the scopes finally arrived.

The whole situation *really* sucks because the scope is everything George & Pat promised it would be except for the damn parallax. It's probably the nicest scope from Bushnell I've ever handled and I've had probably 10 or 12 Bushnells over the years from the AO 4200 back around 1999-2000 up through the DMR, ERS, and XRS. The glass is the best I've seen in a Bushnell, the elevation knob feels great with solid detents, the zero stop is cake to set & reset, the reticle is great, and the mag ring and parallax knob move very smoothly. The whole thing just feels "quality" when you use it and the size, weight, and form factor is great. If it arrived with the initially promised 7Y parallax I'd be *VERY* happy with the thing considering the price!

Disclaimer: I didn't buy them during the group buy but I'd appreciate George or any of the guys who got their LRHS from the GAP group buy to comment if the very first batch shipped to GAP for the group buy really have 20 foot parallax capability as was originally claimed. George / Pat, did your pre-production samples have 20 foot / 7Y parallax?
1aK F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited:
I see these are starting to show up in the classifieds at a DEEP discount. Were these not what everyone expected them to be?

I can see your cost argument.... but it could be an optional version - Leupold for example offers much of their line in both illuminated and non-illuminated versions. Weight? seriously what are we talking about here, maybe an ounce? Maintenance issues? Pull the battery out = problem solved. I'm happy for you guys who don't want illumination, hey good for you... you got what you wanted. I'm just saying Bushnell is missing out on my money because they refuse to offer what I want... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The issue is the reticle. Its VERY hard and expensive to illuminate a christmas tree reticle....and do it correct. Luepy is smoking crack with their Illum prices. Bushy does offer illum in their MD and BTR reticles if you NEED illume, but you don't get the other features of this scope on the rest of their 3-12 line.

I see these are starting to show up in the classifieds at a DEEP discount. Were these not what everyone expected them to be?

I wouldn't say they're in the classifieds at a deep discount... the current classified prices are right at or slightly under actual street prices for the scopes if you shop around. A few sellers in the classifieds are asking more than what you can buy a new one for from some of the dealers that post here.

In my case, I've already sold one of my two and am getting ready to list the second one because they were NOT what was promised in one critical aspect-- they showed up with 50Y parallax instead of having 20 foot / 7Y parallax that was and still is listed in the very first post of this thread. While that won't bother many users the 50Y parallax simply won't cut it for the applications I purchased them for-- air rifles that sometimes get used for 10Y indoor practice and I preordered the scopes based off that 20 foot parallax claim.

Nice scopes in all other aspects though, I feel it's probably the best scope Bushnell has put out to date in regards to glass quality, elevation turret detent feel, ease of setting zero stop, etc. That feeling includes a comparison to the latest ERS & XRS models after mounting one of the LRHS I ordered and using it for several sessions. While the ERS & XRS might offer more magnification the glass clarity and elevation turret feel of the LRHS surpassed both the ERS and XRS I had. The LRHS is a great scope in the correct application and had they been delivered with the initially promised 20 foot parallax I would be keeping them.

Last edited:
I agree with Kiba completely!

It's interesting how the 20' parallax debacle has not been addressed. No apologies, no nothing, how disappointing.

They are very nice scopes though, better than most with respect to their "street price". If I were to spend say $1500 for one I would have looked to other more expensive scopes or done the opposite and bought two SWFA 3-15's instead. That's me though because I need certain features more than others. 99% of the people that would buy this scope would be very happy with it.

Were these not sold for $1500??? I see them in the classifieds NIB for about $1000. Thats a deep discount in my eyes.

Were these not sold for $1500??? I see them in the classifieds NIB for about $1000. Thats a deep discount in my eyes.

Some people bought them for $1500, yes... but if you waited about a month after the initial batch and shopped around you could pick one up for just under $1100 which is the current street price from quite a few dealers. The prices for NIB or lightly used ones on the PX reflect the current street price, hard for a private party to sell a lightly used scope for more than you can buy a brand new one from a dealer for unless the buyer doesn't know any better...

Case in point: $1042 from Amazon. If you're a Prime member you can have it overnighted to you and still be under $1050.
Amazon.com : Bushnell Tactical E3124H Elite Hunter LRHS Riflescope with G2H FFP Long Range Reticle, 3-12x 44mm : Sports & Outdoors

Doesn't Bushnell still have a 100% money-back guarantee? I had a Bushy years ago, didn't like it, they took it back and I had a check in hand a week later. If they promised something that didn't actually happen, I would think a call back to Bushnell would do 2 things:
1. Let them know they made a promise they didn't keep.
2. Remind them that the price of not keeping the promise is a refund.

Doesn't Bushnell still have a 100% money-back guarantee? I had a Bushy years ago, didn't like it, they took it back and I had a check in hand a week later. If they promised something that didn't actually happen, I would think a call back to Bushnell would do 2 things:
1. Let them know they made a promise they didn't keep.
2. Remind them that the price of not keeping the promise is a refund.

Yep, they still have the bulletproof guarantee.

http://www.bushnell.com/getmedia/bf...db68ba6333d/Bullet-Proof-Money-Back-Guarantee

I may take advantage of it for my 2nd LRHS but I'm concerned that the dealer I purchased it from may get a phone call from Bushnell when they see the price on the invoice, sometimes they get funny about dealers selling for way less than MSRP...

Didn't the ones George was selling also come with a LRF for like $50 bucks more? I'm sure that factored into the cost as it was bassicaly given away for free.

All the above being said, They are a great deal at $1041 (Amazon price).

Only reason I didn't buy one originally is I would have liked to see a little higher end magnification and I like illumination in a hunting scope for low light.

May pick one up now.

I have been on the design end of some medical products and dealt with big companies. I don't know the story but, ultimately, the business and marketing executives have the final say on price, features, and distribution. This occurs even when they give you "carte blanche" on the design. They probably prototyped the shorter parallax range, but when it came to manufacturing, the increased price to build didn't make sense. Just speculating.

It sounds like George got thrown under the bus on this deal as I remember him saying they restricted his discount pricing.

Some people bought them for $1500, yes... but if you waited about a month after the initial batch and shopped around you could pick one up for just under $1100 which is the current street price from quite a few dealers. The prices for NIB or lightly used ones on the PX reflect the current street price, hard for a private party to sell a lightly used scope for more than you can buy a brand new one from a dealer for unless the buyer doesn't know any better...

Case in point: $1042 from Amazon. If you're a Prime member you can have it overnighted to you and still be under $1050.
Amazon.com : Bushnell Tactical E3124H Elite Hunter LRHS Riflescope with G2H FFP Long Range Reticle, 3-12x 44mm : Sports & Outdoors

I haven't been able to find any below $1499 apart from the Amazon one. Is this genuine? How can they be so cheap compared to everyone else?

My LRHS observations

Finally got it mounted up on my 6.5 Grendel and headed to the range yesterday.

The good (limited to one range session):
1) Great eyebox.
2) Great glass.
3) Great elevation turret both in feel and visibility.
4) Liking the reticle.
5) Revlimiter works slick and easy.

The bad:
1) Does not focus down past 50 yds. I've shot deer at 20 yards. Also eliminates the scope for rimfire use.
2) Windage turret zero reset lands just either side of zero.

The really bad:
1) Elevation turret zero reset sucks. It can only be set to every other click. The turret and brass mating piece have 50 teeth, the turret has 0.1 mrad per click and 10 mrad per turn for a total of 100 clicks. With only 50 teeth, only every other click can be indexed. Am I missing something here????
2) I assumed that the price I was paying for this scope would be the approximate street price going forward. Currently the scope can be had for $450 less. This really sucks and quite frankly, doesn't make sense with the parties involved.

2) I assumed that the price I was paying for this scope would be the approximate street price going forward. Currently the scope can be had for $450 less. This really sucks and quite frankly, doesn't make sense with the parties involved.

You should just use the Bushnell Bullet Proof Money back guarantee to get your money back. Bushnell - Bullet Proof Money Back Guarantee

Then buy one off the classifieds for $975. I agree that you guys got the shaft on this deal, $$ wise.

I love mine and i was 1 that jumped in the wagon and paid 1500.00 for it. If i would have known that when they were going to hit the streets and could get it 400.00 bucks less about 2 months after getting it i would have waited. I did not need it that bad. I think thats pretty fucked up. 400.00 is no chump change and i feel sorry for the 1,s who got more than 1 for the 1500.00

Would you say it's worth the $1500 otherwise?

Putting my other concerns aside. I have not had enough time with the scope to say it is or is not worth $1500. Glass will have to perform in the half hour before sunrise and the half hour after sunset to be worth it. Haven't had enough time know yet.

The really bad:
1) Elevation turret zero reset sucks. It can only be set to every other click. The turret and brass mating piece have 50 teeth, the turret has 0.1 mrad per click and 10 mrad per turn for a total of 100 clicks. With only 50 teeth, only every other click can be indexed. Am I missing something here????

Very interested in this, as this will make or brake my decision on scope choice.

Can anyone confirm this is is correct, as it seems a bit silly for them to do that.
And I'm guessing your using the 3.5-21 ERS not the HDMR or am I missing something?

It's exactly as he is stating it. Mine will only index on every other click. While bothersome, its not a huge deal. You'll never be more than .1 mil off.

John

I was lucky , I did not get in on the 1st deal , as I live out side the US , but did get one 2mths later for 1100 , to me its worth 1k , no more , the issues have already been told .
Mine is on top of a CZ527 22 Hornet w/can , and after zeroing it at 100yds , it killed 6 magpies very well out to 200yds , was too easy , magpies now hate the hornet , IF I can see them , they are toast .
I would like the next yrs model to go up to the 34mm tube dia , and to have a indicated 2 or 3 turn Elevation knob , and have a exposed windage knob that locks ?

Later Chris

Does anyone own this scope and also the G2 DMR? I'd like to know how they compare for quality.
Would you consider the LRHS to be a scaled down version of the DMR?

It looks like the 176SV1 would probably work. It has a range of 1.720 - 1.760". Unfortunately, they are on backorder so it may be a while before we can confirm this. I will post here when I get a chance to try it out.

- bsd

Just a little follow up on this for anyone who is still interested. Summer is not a time that I do a lot of shooting, so this has been on the back burner, but as fall is approaching, it is time to start shooting more seriously again. Today I found the 172-176SV1 at Eurooptic. It appears to be in stock and so I ordered it. I will report back once I get it in and let you know if it works for this scope.

- bsd

I looked at Holy Cow's LRHS when he had it and it's a very nice piece of glass. For the money I think they're very hard to beat. I do however, foresee these being available in the for sale section well under 1K. I would imagine in the next 6-12 months these will be going for the 600-800 range frequently in the for sale section. The new Steiner is going to be a really nice optic in the $1500 range. NF 2.5-10x32 can be had for just over 1K used etc. I think the thing hurting the Bushy is the fact that it's a Bushy.

I looked at Holy Cow's LRHS when he had it and it's a very nice piece of glass. For the money I think they're very hard to beat. I do however, foresee these being available in the for sale section well under 1K. I would imagine in the next 6-12 months these will be going for the 600-800 range frequently in the for sale section. The new Steiner is going to be a really nice optic in the $1500 range. NF 2.5-10x32 can be had for just over 1K used etc. I think the thing hurting the Bushy is the fact that it's a Bushy.

Can buy them in Australia under a grand brand new...

Most comments in this thread are comparing the LRH(unting)S to "tactical" scopes. It was never meant to compare. As a matter of fact it was meant to be different; lighter weight, reticle that will work for both low light/close up and long range without the need for illumination and batteries, low profile elevation turret and capped windage turret, all the while maintaining the durability, reliability, and tracking of a "tactical" scope. To date there is not one comparable scope on the market as far as I know. The new NF 42mm compact is close but the reticles are unusable at low light without illumination, it is not a FFP, and it is not available with a capped windage turret combined with exposed elevation turret, not to mention that the illumination/parallax knob is the opposite of low profile.

Last edited:
Yeah I know I just bought one and will be using it tomorrow in PR. It looks good for the money but is no G2DMR.
We'll see how she goes.

Let me know what you think, I'm still on the fence, especially with these weird turret click reports.

What are the "weird turret click reports"? Guess I've missed it.

Sorry, this is what I was talking about, it's the first I've heard of it myself, so I don't know if it's a one off or common quirk of the LRHS.

The bad:
1) Does not focus down past 50 yds. I've shot deer at 20 yards. Also eliminates the scope for rimfire use.
2) Windage turret zero reset lands just either side of zero.

The really bad: