• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors *** NEW *** Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen L & S .30 caliber Suppressors

They're your ears, and you're a grown adult...Do what you want. Wear hearing protection...Sure. Don't...Cool. I honestly don't care what people do with their own bodies.

I doubt metroplex gives a shit whether others make active choices that are detrimental to their own health.

I know I don't. Your ears, your choice. Certainly not my issue if you or others go deaf or get tinnitus.

New Video is up! Ruger American Ranch .300 BLK with the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S and Berger 210 VLD subsonic handloads at 200 yards.

Andrew just sent me one. I'll get to it soon. 50 can is taking a lot of time right now. So many rounds to shoot.

Reactions: FuhQ
Andrew just sent me one. I'll get to it soon. 50 can is taking a lot of time right now. So many rounds to shoot.
Awesome Ray! Can’t wait to see what y’all’s numbers on it are. 👍🏼 That .50 can is sweet! If I ever get a true big bore ELR rig (CheyTac or BMG), I’ll be ordering one from y’all. I still hope to add a Magnus HUB to the collection soon. 👍🏼

He just sent me (not for free 😂, I buy direct) a Hydro-S 6.5mm in FDE for me to dedicate on my 5R Milspec .260 Rem. & 6.5 Grendel DMR. It showed up at the SOT today. I can’t wait to give it a go at the range tomorrow or Sunday. 👍🏼

New updated family photo… 😏

L-to-R…

Polonium 5.56 w/ DA KeyMo
Hydrogen-L 7.62 w/ OCL ZR0-DTA 5/8-24
Hydrogen-S 7.62 w/ DA KeyMo
Hydrogen-S 6.5mm FDE w/ OCL ZR0-DTA 5/8-24 (will be swapped this week when my KeyMo shows up)

B2269DA4-FA32-4308-A2B1-173503AF7D22.jpeg
2E18D0E3-EB35-4931-B119-C52745F1548A.jpeg

Well, I was out of town this weekend (prior plans), but swung by the range on the way home and picked up my Otter Creek Hydrogen-S 7.62 since the stamp came back on Friday. She’s finally home. 👍🏼

I immediately stuck it in the new Rifles Only Gear HAD cover to protect the finish.

4EF633A7-B262-4BDC-8F4B-8FCC4B27C23B.jpeg
38B37043-0357-4C79-8575-C6DC8120A4A9.jpeg
D6F7EC1A-4B2C-41EB-9A32-394034C4C236.jpeg
C38BCC88-C2FD-48C2-BF12-E2E099DB76E0.jpeg

NICE VIDEO
How much of a difference can you tell between the Hydrogen S vs L?
How do you like that Christensen MPR? What is the actual weight as seen without suppressor?

NICE VIDEO
How much of a difference can you tell between the Hydrogen S vs L?
How do you like that Christensen MPR? What is the actual weight as seen without suppressor?
I'm not sure on the weight, as I have never weighed them. But I'm sure you could put down a rough estimate using the website data for the rifle and scope. Add a couple ounces for the rings, and you should be close.

As for the Hydro-S vs. Hydro-L, there is a big difference in them. One is a 7" can with 9 baffles, and the other is a 9" can with 13 baffles. There's going to be a noticeable difference in them. I will try to get a video up sooner or later with the Hydro-S vs. Hydro-L on the 6mm ARC. There are also several S vs. L videos on my youtube channel. Just go there and look around and you'll find plenty to watch. Feel free to subscribe, like the videos, and share them with other folks, too.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm always glad to help. 👍🏼

I'm not sure on the weight, as I have never weighed them. But I'm sure you could put down a rough estimate using the website data for the rifle and scope. Add a couple ounces for the rings, and you should be close.

As for the Hydro-S vs. Hydro-L, there is a big difference in them. One is a 7" can with 9 baffles, and the other is a 9" can with 13 baffles. There's going to be a noticeable difference in them. I will try to get a video up sooner or later with the Hydro-S vs. Hydro-L on the 6mm ARC. There are also several S vs. L videos on my youtube channel. Just go there and look around and you'll find plenty to watch. Feel free to subscribe, like the videos, and share them with other folks, too.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm always glad to help. 👍🏼
a little puzzled by your answers

have you not shot these yourself? If you have, what difference did you notice? Is one gassier than the other? Tone differences? Etc.

a little puzzled by your answers

have you not shot these yourself? If you have, what difference did you notice? Is one gassier than the other? Tone differences? Etc.
Yes, I own both of them... And have shot over 1000 rounds through them over many different rifles, platforms, cartridges and mounting solutions. I'm not sure how you're not understanding my response... Also, you didn't exactly ask for specifics, you just asked "How much of a different can you tell...", to which the answer is "noticeable".

If you don't already know what the difference is between a 7" 9-baffle suppressor, and a 9" 13-baffle suppressor, that are otherwise 100% identical, then no matter what I tell you, you will not be able to understand me describing the differences in them over the internet, other than saying "Yes, there is a noticeable difference in DB volume between them."

Tone is the same...They are the same suppressor, same build material just one is 2" longer, and has 4 more baffles in it.

Yes, the L will be gassier on a semi-auto platform, as it has more baffles in it, which means it traps more gasses.

Hey FuhQ, thanks for posting your info and experience. I just started looking for my next can the Hydrogen S will be on my list. I want to stay with the shorter cans as that is my preference. I know there are others that will say this or that is better or best, but preference on certain attributes come into play as well.

It will be interesting when you get a Nomad to compare it to. I just got Nomad 30 and have to say I am very happy with it. It has performed pretty well on my 6.5 PRC. I was originally just going to go with a Nomad Ti but your info has given me some other options to think about.

Thanks again and look forward to reading some more.

Talking with Andrew from OCL and looking at various 30 cal cans, I went with the Hydrogen S for my 300 Win Mag. Seems like a good balance of sound reduction, weight, and length.

Talking with Andrew from OCL and looking at various 30 cal cans, I went with the Hydrogen S for my 300 Win Mag. Seems like a good balance of sound reduction, weight, and length.
It is an excellent balance of weight and suppression for hunting rifles. Pair it with one of their ZR0-DTA direct-thread mounts, and you add no length, and only 1.8 oz to the weight. 👍🏼

Hey FuhQ, thanks for posting your info and experience. I just started looking for my next can the Hydrogen S will be on my list. I want to stay with the shorter cans as that is my preference. I know there are others that will say this or that is better or best, but preference on certain attributes come into play as well.

It will be interesting when you get a Nomad to compare it to. I just got Nomad 30 and have to say I am very happy with it. It has performed pretty well on my 6.5 PRC. I was originally just going to go with a Nomad Ti but your info has given me some other options to think about.

Thanks again and look forward to reading some more.
Both are great cans. I think you’ll enjoy either one. But I do recommend giving the OCL Hydro-S a try. 👍🏼

Reactions: Wile_Coyote
Decided to take the old 2002 Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW out to the range with me today... I had a few loads loaded up from many years ago (last time I really shot it, or did any load development for it), and decided to go ahead and spend the brass the fun way, so I could clean them up, and do some more load development with it... Well... I think my development is done. 😂

I was shooting through my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L 7.62 can. I finally got to bring it home Saturday morning after 281 days of waiting.

This was one of the groups... Ignore the random shot from someone shooting my damn target before I could go take a picture of the group, so I blacked it out. Some folks have no courtesy.

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-29 17:42:02.005501.jpeg

IMG_8673.jpegIMG_8727.jpeg

This is an old pic (top rifle)... I have since had all my rifles threaded for cans.

tempImagecaMSVe.png

Last edited:
Last month I dropped off my old 1993 Ruger M77 MK-II All-Weather Stainless 7mm RemMag, and my 2000 Ruger M77 MK-II All-Weather Stainless 7mm-08 Mountain Rifle, to the gunsmith...

I've had the 2000 model 7mm-08 since brand new (Christmas present from my dad), and I picked up the 1993 7mm RemMag in 2002 when I worked at the gun store that someone traded-in. Over the years, swapping scopes was extremely limiting due to the stupid proprietary Ruger rings that are impressively shitty.

So, I finally decided to hell with it, and bought some EGW pic rails and had my smith drill & tap the receivers for 8-40 holes, and install the rails. I had him polish, hone, and stone the triggers and lighten them up and smooth them out...They turned out WAY better than I expected factory M77 triggers could be, based on how heavy and clunky they were from the factory. The barrels didn't have enough diameter to thread them 5/8-24 and have enough shoulder for running my cans... So, I had him thread the very thin barrels to 1/2-28, and custom make a couple of 416r stainless adapters (from an old barrel he had laying around) that he bored & threaded the inside and permanently-attached to the barrels. Then, once the steel epoxy fully-cured, he put them back in the lathe, zero'd it out off the bore, and cut the shoulders and threaded them 5/8-24, and cleaned up the muzzle ends to look seamless and nearly factory. He did a great job on everything. Here's how they turned out.

1993 Ruger M77 MK-II AW-SS 24" 7mm RM w/ Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 ZMOA-1 w/ EGW 20MOA base, Seekins rings.

IMG_9281.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpegIMG_9277.jpegIMG_9287.jpegIMG_9289.jpeg

2000 Ruger M77 MK-II AW-SS Mountain Rifle 20" 7mm-08 Rem w/ Kahles Helia KX 3.5-10x50 4D-Dot w/ EGW 0 MOA base, and TPS rings.

IMG_9282.jpeg

IMG_9283.jpegIMG_9284.jpeg

Last edited:
New video is up comparing my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S 7.62 and my Hydrogen-S 6.5mm suppressors on my 16" @christensenarms MPR 6mm ARC. Both cans are identical other than bore diameter.

The 6.5mm can is noticeably quieter in person, and you can tell it slightly in the video if you turn it up. Both cans sound amazing on the little 6mm ARC cartridge.

New video is up with my old (recently modified) 2000 Ruger M77 MK-II 7mm-08 All-Weather Stainless Mountain Rifle, and my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S 7.62 suppressor.

New video is up on my freshly modded R700 5R .260 with the Aero Precision SOLUS Chassis, Zeiss LRP S3, and Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S 6.5mm suppressor.

I just want to write this to brag on Otter Creek and Andrew in general. About 2 weeks ago, my truck was broken into after returning from a hunting trip, they took my range backpack which had a lot of valuables in it including my Sig Kilo 10ks but most importantly my Hydrogen L which was number 14. The loss was very much a headache and I have high doubts the Houston Police Department will do anything about it, but it took less than 10 seconds for the whole ordeal to happen. I had to contact the ATF and tell them that it was stolen as well.

The very next day, I contacted Andrew and told him what happened. He immediately said that he would be getting another can to my gunsmith for transfer. Andrew really had every right in the world to tell me to kick rocks because it was gone and there was no can to actually "warranty", but he is the most stand-up person in the suppressor industry. His "No BS" warranty is just that and if you are on the fence, you can be 100% confident in Otter Creek. I for one, have been and will continue to only purchase Otter Creek cans and recommend them to anyone looking for a fantastic performing suppressor and some of the best customer service in the entire industry.

I just want to write this to brag on Otter Creek and Andrew in general. About 2 weeks ago, my truck was broken into after returning from a hunting trip, they took my range backpack which had a lot of valuables in it including my Sig Kilo 10ks but most importantly my Hydrogen L which was number 14. The loss was very much a headache and I have high doubts the Houston Police Department will do anything about it, but it took less than 10 seconds for the whole ordeal to happen. I had to contact the ATF and tell them that it was stolen as well.

The very next day, I contacted Andrew and told him what happened. He immediately said that he would be getting another can to my gunsmith for transfer. Andrew really had every right in the world to tell me to kick rocks because it was gone and there was no can to actually "warranty", but he is the most stand-up person in the suppressor industry. His "No BS" warranty is just that and if you are on the fence, you can be 100% confident in Otter Creek. I for one, have been and will continue to only purchase Otter Creek cans and recommend them to anyone looking for a fantastic performing suppressor and some of the best customer service in the entire industry.
That sucks man. And Andrew is definitely a great guy. He always goes above and beyond for his customers. 👍🏼 Did you ask the ATF would they be able to expedite the new Form 4? Sometimes if you get a nice person, and you talk with them like a human being (some people are rude to the phone people when it’s not their fault because they’re not examiners), they can help you get something done, or even transfer you to an examiner or the head examiner, and you can discuss things with them. This happened when my Obsidian 45 stamp got caught up in that Nichols Outfitters BS and audit, and everything went FUBAR with the whole situation. After talking with the examiner, she got everything situated and quickly, once they tracked down the paper form 4, and found out who had it.

Reactions: tthomp302
That sucks man. Did you ask the ATF would they be able to expedite the new Form 4? Sometimes if you get a nice person, and you talk with them like a human being (some people are rude to the phone people when it’s not their fault because they’re not examiners), they can help you get something done, or even transfer you to an examiner or the head examiner, and you can discuss things with them. This happened when my Obsidian 45 stamp got caught up in that Nichols Outfitters BS and audit, and everything went FUBAR with the whole situation. After talking with the examiner, she got everything situated and quickly, once they tracked down the paper form 4, and found out who had it.
No, but I may end up doing that after I get this new one certified! That's a great idea. I think people forget, the people working there are just normal people with normal lives.

No, but I may end up doing that after I get this new one certified! That's a great idea. I think people forget, the people working there are just normal people with normal lives.
Yep, the phone people are just looking at a screen with minimal info on it, so talking with an actual examiner will sometimes help.

Just saw on their Instagram earlier today that ( @marsh1 ) Primary Arms is now officially carrying the Otter Creek cans! And they have a bunch of them in stock, too...Even Poloniums! It's cool to see their brand growing from 2 dudes in a storage building in a trailer park to gaining serious traction as a real competitor with all the long-established big dogs.

They have Poloniums in stock, and an absolutely smoking deal on the Hydrogen-S 7.62 at $750! The Hydro-S 7.62 is my favorite OCL can, because it's a 7" can, which is the perfect size for an all-around hunting/range use suppressor, and the best .300 BLK suppressor I've used to date, and it will even tame the bark on the big magnums.

Reactions: kthomas
Just saw on their Instagram earlier today that ( @marsh1 ) Primary Arms is now officially carrying the Otter Creek cans! And they have a bunch of them in stock, too...Even Poloniums! It's cool to see their brand growing from 2 dudes in a storage building in a trailer park to gaining serious traction as a real competitor with all the long-established big dogs.

They have Poloniums in stock, and an absolutely smoking deal on the Hydrogen-S 7.62 at $750! The Hydro-S 7.62 is my favorite OCL can, because it's a 7" can, which is the perfect size for an all-around hunting/range use suppressor, and the best .300 BLK suppressor I've used to date, and it will even tame the bark on the big magnums.

Thanks for the advertisement :p…but why would anyone buy from PA when they can just buy it from SS and have everything done for them?
Are you interested in any CAT or PTR cans?

Thanks for the advertisement :p…but why would anyone buy from PA when they can just buy it from SS and have everything done for them?
Are you interested in any CAT or PTR cans?
I am interested in the Spectre CAT ODB-Ti... But I have no idea who PTR is.

And yes, I agree, but sometimes SS might not have something in stock, but another dealer does, so you can order it from another dealer and have it sent to your local FFL that you were going to use anyway, and still do your SS paperwork from there. Same process, just going from one dealer to another, instead of coming from SS to your dealer before completing your paperwork. Same time frame, same amount of paperwork, etc... because OCL cans are already listed in the SS system, so as a dealer, it takes a matter of minutes to add your can to your account so SS can complete the paperwork, once the Form 3 clears and they receive it in the mail from the other dealer.

Reactions: Cypress87

And yes, I agree, but sometimes SS might not have something in stock, but another dealer does, so you can order it from another dealer and have it sent to your local FFL that you were going to use anyway, and still do your SS paperwork from there. Same process, just going from one dealer to another, instead of coming from SS to your dealer before completing your paperwork. Same time frame, same amount of paperwork, etc... because OCL cans are already listed in the SS system, so as a dealer, it takes a matter of minutes to add your can to your account so SS can complete the paperwork, once the Form 3 clears and they receive it in the mail from the other dealer.
I have an obd ti in jail for my cmmg resolute in 7.62x39…had a credit with SS from sending a oss hx-qd back with their satisfaction guarantee. (reason enough for me to buy from ss).
PTR vent 3…first can to break the 40’s on pew science’s mk18
Polonium is 19.7 ear 37.6 muzzle
Ptr vent 3 is 29 ear 42.3 muzzle

Nice stretch of work. Long running thread, and lots of useful and valuable info in here. It's kind of you to post up to the community your experience with these cans.

FuhQ sir have you been able to compare the new ones to the Thunder Beast ones? Looking at accuracy and sound but mostly looking for repeatability

FuhQ sir have you been able to compare the new ones to the Thunder Beast ones? Looking at accuracy and sound but mostly looking for repeatability
I have been able to compare them to the TBAC Magnus, but the new models of Magnus have not been released yet. However, I do have a new Magnus-S on order, so whenever those get made and shipped to my dealer, I will be able to make more videos comparing them.

Actually, I think you might.

PTR is a manufacturer of HK-91 clones.
Its that PTR.

I just checked and apparently they do/will offer silencers.

They are going for the upper market. Good luck.

MSRP $1500 for 5.56/7.62 and a whole $75 less for 9mm.

Last edited:
There are some reviews of Cat silencers from the typical places that all seem to benefit from positive reviews. Consumer feedback, however, has mostly been underwhelming like all flow through cans.

Actually, I think you might.

PTR is a manufacturer of HK-91 clones.
Its that PTR.

I just checked and apparently they do/will offer silencers.

They are going for the upper market. Good luck.

MSRP $1500 for 5.56/7.62 and a whole $75 less for 9mm.

Ahhh! Yes, I DO know who PTR is. I just didn’t realize it was the same PTR that makes H&K clones. 👍🏼

$1,500 for a 5.56 can…

IMG_5189.jpeg

There are some reviews of Cat silencers from the typical places that all seem to benefit from positive reviews. Consumer feedback, however, has mostly been underwhelming like all flow through cans.
Not surprising… Those who get free shit tend to do what they need to do to continue getting more free shit.

Reactions: JohnCarter17