• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New person here

JG_PA_308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2013
Hey guys, just joined this site a few days ago and figured I'd just say hey to everybody. I'm interested in getting tips and finding out more information about guns in general. Which is the reason I joined this sight, and it looks like there is a lot on here. Two months ago I bought myself a rifle as a birthday present to myself, really my first gun I can call "mine". It's a Savage axis .308 win and I'm really liking this gun. I went with putting a Shooter's Edge 4-16x50 scope on it with illuminated reticle, basically for the price and lifetime warranty I couldn't beat it for that time. I've had the trigger adjusted by my local shop's gunsmith and it's 10x better now than it was. I have it zeroed for 200 yards, but after getting the trigger adjustment i'm getting 1'' groups at 140 yards with 150 grain winchester power points.

If anybody could give me some tips to be a more accurate shooter in some insight on shooting longer ranges it would be appreciated. I'd like to get a few upgrades for this rifle, one specifically is a 10 round mag which I haven't seemed to be able to find. Thanks for reading, here is a picture of my rifle attached.
483506_10151275226322422_844352662_n.jpg

Re: New person here

Tip (1)READ!!! the forums are filled with information on the basics of shooting, equipment, ballistics etc..etc..
Tipe (2) look into Rifles Only DVD
https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/rifles-only-precision-rifle-volume-1-fundamentals.html
I have this video and have watched it over and over and pick up on something everytime i watch it, invest the $40 it will pay for itself over and over!!
Get to know the guys on here, I have not found one person that was not willing to help out on a question that i have had!

nice setup, next time you get to the range post some pics of your shooting, would like to see!!

Welcome to the Hide! IMO, best shooting related site on the net. If you can, sign up for the online training to watch at your leisure, damn good instruction from the site owners. There is a wealth of knowledge on here second to none on anything shooting related and have found the Post Exchange area to be a hole for alot of my money. There are some great deals in there from other members and I have not had one single problem with any purchases I have made from fellow Hide members.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys, I will definitely post up pics of the shooting next time I go out to shoot. Will probably be when I get my case of ammo in. I do have a few questions, i've shot guns and everything and I like them, but i'm more into the bow frenzy so I know a lot more about bows than I do guns. So my question is what are all the parts and specs that go into a gun? What makes them more accurate?

My friend has one of those Axis in 308 and he really likes it. Doesn't rifle basix make a drop in trigger for the Axis?? Might be something to look into.