• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New press announcement from Area 419

I'm excited for the conversation that'll start when we release the new die stuff we're working on.

What I wouldn't give... for concentric, coaxially aligned, properly dimensioned, correctly featured, custom spec'd full length non-bushing sizers and micrometer seater dies that function properly that are 100% correct the FIRST time , every time. At present, no one... and I mean no one offers it. Not with any confidence level.

4C92707D-FB3D-40D8-95AF-1AB835EB8DEF.jpeg

Another pic of 🔥🔥🔥

I'll just state that my main reason for buying this press is for the precision turret. I really like the idea that I can have all my dies in the turret and just rotate the turret to switch dies while keeping them all set to the correct depth with repeatability.

This is exactly why I ordered one. I have a MEC Marksman and it's hell for stout but it has no turret. I'll keep using my co-ax for various duties, too.

I'm excited for the conversation that'll start when we release the new die stuff we're working on.

Fascinating to watch in these threads - the number of people who are CONVINCED that NOBODY will EVER buy a press at this price. We've sold enough that we are lining up a freight pickup from UPS for initial shipping day. Will be several pallets, with many of them being shipped all over the world.

We are in the business of producing the finest products possible, outside of standard convention, and knowing there is a market that respects it. I don't think you'll see a deviation from that any time soon.

any plans for single stage/non turret version at lower price?

any plans for single stage/non turret version at lower price?
Not really, and it's because it works against a core problem we are trying to solve, that resetting dies creates inconsistency.

If we do a single-stage at a later time it would likely be a pretty different unit, and would depend on something else we are working on - though I don't think I'd expect it to be a ton cheaper or very soon.

Not really, and it's because it works against a core problem we are trying to solve, that resetting dies creates inconsistency.

If we do a single-stage at a later time it would likely be a pretty different unit, and would depend on something else we are working on - though I don't think I'd expect it to be a ton cheaper or very soon.

thank you for the reply

Anyone heard anything on shipment yet. Hopeful next week

As per the last email I got

We expect the first of these will ship in the September 15th-20th window, with all of the currently ordered units shipping by the first week of October

So hopefully I'm in the first batch

Reactions: joemusso
My order #91063 July 29th. Not sure where that put's me but hopefully in the first batch.

Last edited:
I ordered about an hour after it was announced (89832) so should be in the first batch out the door.

I ordered about an hour after it was announced (89832) so should be in the first batch out the door.

I ordered mine the day after announcement #89957 I would think I would be in the first round or pretty close

There will be pallets of these shipping out next week, barring some major unforeseen event. Lots of sub-assemblies are already going together (pressing bearings into arms, etc) with a large number of parts returning from Nitride this week. The linear bearings will be the final parts to see a machine, with the custom expander mandrel for ID holding to be delivered the 16th. Those parts can go straight from the machine to installation.

As we start to final-assemble and ship, we will surely be posting photos. As these will all ship UPS Ground, I hope the standard COVID shipping delays will be minimal. Continued production of components is underway. We hope that long-term these are not batch-processed and we can at some point have them on the shelf and ready to ship. That may not be before next year (because of both demand and the fact that we won't have additional machine space until we are in the new shop in January) but we are working on it. Typically the summer is a time where orders slow down and we can rebuild inventory levels, but that hasn't been the case this summer. We are working a lot of overtime in production and staffing up in the office. It's a wild time at 419.

There will be pallets of these shipping out next week, barring some major unforeseen event. Lots of sub-assemblies are already going together (pressing bearings into arms, etc) with a large number of parts returning from Nitride this week. The linear bearings will be the final parts to see a machine, with the custom expander mandrel for ID holding to be delivered the 16th. Those parts can go straight from the machine to installation.

As we start to final-assemble and ship, we will surely be posting photos. As these will all ship UPS Ground, I hope the standard COVID shipping delays will be minimal. Continued production of components is underway. We hope that long-term these are not batch-processed and we can at some point have them on the shelf and ready to ship. That may not be before next year (because of both demand and the fact that we won't have additional machine space until we are in the new shop in January) but we are working on it. Typically the summer is a time where orders slow down and we can rebuild inventory levels, but that hasn't been the case this summer. We are working a lot of overtime in production and staffing up in the office. It's a wild time at 419.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to get a ship notice. I've ordered an extra turret and Inline Fab quick change plate. Is there a lubricant we need to have on hand you can recommend? Or is that even needed?

While we designed the system to run without lubricant, some guys may want to add a little over time to the ram, especially after a long string of decapping or if the press sits for a long time and dust/debris has settled on the surface of the ram. If you're going to do that, a simple thin oil (in very small amounts) would do the trick - our lube of choice is the stuff Swanny sells, we also like that it comes with a little dropper bottle. We will be sure to cover all of this in the instructions (which will be in video form so we can instruct visually) that you receive with the press.

I exchanged an email with them earlier this week asking about ordering an extra turret. They said they're waiting on packing foam and a couple small items back from nitriding and that they should ship next week. But, that they're pretty much waiting on others at this point so they can't say for certain.

Stupid Covid.

I'm order #89780. No word yet. Not sure where that puts me but I ordered 5 minutes after the release on July 8th.

Just got this email from Area 419:

All,

"It’s been a few weeks since I last updated many of you, so wanted to get with you again.

At the time of our last email, I anticipated a large number of units would already be in your loading benches - but unfortunately that’s not the case.

For about the last week we have been waiting on two things - both things we never anticipated would take so long - and trying hard to expedite the shipment of your units.

There is one part that has not returned from the Nitride process. For years our nitride lead time has been 4-5 business days. In recent months, as the firearm industry - specifically ARs - has exploded, these waits have become much longer and very erratic. We expect this run of parts to be in any day, but they simply aren’t back. Once they are, we will be able to fully-assemble presses.

The thing that will absolutely end up taking the longest, however, is packaging. This was something that was quoted as a 2 week lead time, and now 4 weeks after we placed our order, we may be another 2 weeks away. We are making a real investment into getting your press to you in pristine shape, and we think you’ll love the quality of the package, but a trusted vendor has been unable to make the expected timeline.

Long story short - it looks like your presses are still about two weeks from shipping. When they do ship, however, you will get an email notification with tracking, so you’ll know the moment we print your label.

Our shipment from Inline Fabrication has arrived, so all good there, and dust covers have also arrived. Additional turret heads will be pushing through manufacture soon, those will be a couple/few weeks behind your presses, and you’ll receive separate shipping/tracking on those.

Thank you again for your patience, and even after the little extra weight, we know you’ll love the presses. We have assembled certain components of the presses, and it’s better than our already-high expectations.

Any other questions, just let me know!"

Reactions: E-Tool
Had the one I've been loading on for a while at the Grind - hundreds of dudes came through and played with it. Guessing one may chime in here in the next day or two.
I got a spot cleared out next to my prezi... should look good together!!!

Reactions: flyer1a
Not yet, and mine is in the order going out today.

Looks like the last order number for today is #89788. (Per a comment left on the Facebook post)

These days I mostly shoot 308. I use Lake City LR brass, Fed 210M, IMR 4064 and SMK 175s. I have a Rem 700 with stock bolt and a Bartlein barrel, McMillan stock and nicer trigger, and nice glass. The barrel is fouled - probably 250 rounds through it. This morning I grabbed a box of my reloads off the shelf and took it to the range. I shot prone, off a Harris bipod, with GameChanger rear bag, 100 yards, shooting platform was a wood deck about 10 feet high.

I always start with "cold bore plus four" - two 1/2 inch dots, shoot cold bore shot at the top dot and four more at the bottom dot. Cold bore shot was just right of center, above and just touching the dot. Plus four was 0.653 edge to edge, so 0.345 or .330 MOA. Group was just left of center above touching the dot. Had all five shots been one group, it would have been a 4. I am not a great shooter, this is not a great gun, and instructors have not complimented me on my technique. I can't afford the 419 press and, more to the point, a press is not going to fix what is wrong with my shooting. The solution to that is trigger time, discipline, record keeping, and training.

All that being said, 419 good on you. I am glad that someone is making a product like this - it is beautiful, precise, and a real tribute to the machinist art.

These days I mostly shoot 308. I use Lake City LR brass, Fed 210M, IMR 4064 and SMK 175s. I have a Rem 700 with stock bolt and a Bartlein barrel, McMillan stock and nicer trigger, and nice glass. The barrel is fouled - probably 250 rounds through it. This morning I grabbed a box of my reloads off the shelf and took it to the range. I shot prone, off a Harris bipod, with GameChanger rear bag, 100 yards, shooting platform was a wood deck about 10 feet high.

I always start with "cold bore plus four" - two 1/2 inch dots, shoot cold bore shot at the top dot and four more at the bottom dot. Cold bore shot was just right of center, above and just touching the dot. Plus four was 0.653 edge to edge, so 0.345 or .330 MOA. Group was just left of center above touching the dot. Had all five shots been one group, it would have been a 4. I am not a great shooter, this is not a great gun, and instructors have not complimented me on my technique. I can't afford the 419 press and, more to the point, a press is not going to fix what is wrong with my shooting. The solution to that is trigger time, discipline, record keeping, and training.

All that being said, 419 good on you. I am glad that someone is making a product like this - it is beautiful, precise, and a real tribute to the machinist art.

Appreciate the kind words at the end.

The press isn't for everyone, and we've never acted like it was. It's aimed at guys that reload a variety of calibers and are looking for absolute precision and consistency in their reloads over multiple batches. It's also going to be appealing to guys that are willing to invest in a piece that looks and feels like nothing else on the market and can appreciate the details put into making it the finest reloading press you can buy.

I'm excited for some guys in this thread to get their presses this coming week, and for others to have theirs shipped next week!

@flyer1a Is there any timeframe on when you may be taking more orders for the press?
Don't think there's an actual date. They are trying to get the first batch shipped and then work on opening up for the next batch. There packing is all that's holding them up is our understanding.

Reactions: SourGrapes