• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes new scope

m249

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
new york
im still new to shooting long range but am looking to get another scope for my 308 right now i have a leupold 6.5x20 on there but would maybe like to go with something else but im not looking to break the bank is ther anything out there that would compare to a leupold with the same price or cheaper? i looked at nigtforce but that is pretty much out of my budget ay help would be great

Re: new scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S.E.A.R.C.H F.U.N.C.T.I.O.N.

Get ready for it............. </div></div>

Oh yeah use the search button.

its a mark4 its on a cz 550 i know its as easy as hitting te search button to find a scope i was looking more for input on what different people like and what people have used that are the best bang for the buck. personally i love the leupold i have but ive heard mixed reveiws on them lately. guess i should have asked my question a diff way thanks guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Consider it a rite of passage!</div></div>

Yeah, that is a FACT!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m249</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a mark4 its on a cz 550 i know its as easy as hitting te search button to find a scope i was looking more for input on what different people like and what people have used that are the best bang for the buck. personally i love the leupold i have but ive heard mixed reveiws on them lately. guess i should have asked my question a diff way thanks guys
</div></div>

mk4's have placed and won more matches than you could possibly count......if you are doing well with what you got...that why would you even consider getting into some internet lore or keyboard myth ????

i have a 50 cal that this scope belongs to so i was going to get a new one for my 308 and was just looking for input on what guys are shooting and what scopes to avoid i was going to get another mk4 but i "heard" leupold was going to shit with their optics on the civ side bc of the mil contract they have now.

You've got parenthesis down. How about throwing in some other punctuation here and there. Your writing is difficult to read and makes me not give a crap about what you're writing about.

Just a friendly suggestion.

"Buy Once, Cry Once" I was torn between a Leupold and a Nightforce (Leupold would have been about 300 bucks cheaper) and went with the Nightforce (3.5-15x50 nxs np-r1).. Best decision I ever made. Have no regrets whatsoever.

These are good recommendations for under $1,000

http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php...-under-1000&catid=1:the-rating-scale&Itemid=4

Under $600
http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php...s-under-600&catid=1:the-rating-scale&Itemid=4

Sounds like for purely target shooting, he likes Sightron S2 Big Sky or Sightron S3. For tactical shooting it's a slightly different ballgame.

Vortex Viper is one of the only scopes that is recommended that goes 6-24x for about $500.

I guess the first step to selecting the best scope would be to set a budget. Then figure out what ranges and what types of targets you want to shoot. That should dictate the parameters of what scope would be best.

im basically looking for a scope that will be good for long range and hunting i like the nightforce my buddy has one but the price is the only thing thats stopping me right now

multipurpose hunters dont just shoot animals at 100 yds that hat they make irons for low light conditions and weather all play a factor in a quality scope you can shoot what you cant see i have the mk4 bc it came off of another gun i like it and is good but the low light is hard