• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Semi Auto Bullpup LK-DB9

Pete Lincoln

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
guys, my first post in the semi auto rifles section.

what do you guys all think to this.

LK-DB9.jpg

LK-DB92.jpg

Pictured is the Liemke DB-9 its our first attempt at production semi auto, and will be available for the civilian market exclusively through Roedale, production is all in Germany in conjunction with Liemke Defense. i just wondered what you guys would think to it.

available calibers are:

.223 rem
.308win
30-06
9.3x62
300wm

with .260rem and some others to follow.

so,, what do you think?

rgds Pete

Re: New Semi Auto Bullpup LK-DB9

Looks pretty sweet, will it take STANAG mags in the standard calibers?

It looks interesting but a few questions:

Cost?
Price of Mags?
Accuracy statement?
Length of Barrels?
Hows the trigger?
Etc.

Ey up Pete lad, did tha learn nowt from SA80???
grin.gif
Dunno what I think mate, looks like a fence post with a scope on top, how does it handle?

Is it reversible for a lefty, how accurate, what is the price range & how reliable are the first few questions that spring to mind.

Did you ever manage to get in touch with that lad in the UK I put you on to for the AR lowers or not? Let me know & I'll chase him up if you're still interested.

Take it easy me old mate, George.

Barrel in pic is 20" in .308

Price, dunno yet. it will officialy be released at the IWA 2011. I expect around the 2000-2500€

Accuracy, we are still testing, but as accurate as possible,

the parent rifle holds sub 1 MOA reliably

Reliability, very reliable parent rifle. ( this is based on an excisting rifle, in a similar way that the bullpup m14 (now who makes that ?) is)

Left hander, unfortunately not.

good to hear from you George, to be honest mate, i didn't have the time to persue the AR15 route.

Cool looking rifle. So how are you going to get it in here?

piston operated or gas impingement? If it "shit's where it eats", I'll have to pass on it. If its a clean running machine then I'm highly interested. How will you get it into the US? Make mine a .260 Rem, please!
smile.gif

I really like the Idea of a 300WM sub moa semi auto in that price range,even with a big can it would be fairly short.

It would take some getting used to the look of it though,where is the charging handle located?Also,how simple is it to field strip?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Reliability, very reliable parent rifle. ( this is based on an excisting rifle, in a similar way that the bullpup m14 (now who makes that ?) is)

</div></div>

The M14 Bullpup kit is made by a guy at ShortRifles.com LINK!
I haven't had time to put more than a few rounds through mine, but aside from being VERY heavy, it seems to shoot very well and is WAY easier to handle. Plus the extra weight is well balanced with the bullpup.

Pete, that might just be the ugliest thing I've seen in my life, so it might just work. All it needs is an M203 strapped to the bottom..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Left hander, unfortunately not.
</div></div>

Fatal flaw, AFIC.

It would seem to me that bottom-eject and "sewer tube" front eject has been around long enough to avoid that problem. As "bad" as the M16A2/A4 and M4 series are supposed to be, at least that little brass deflector hump in front of the forward assist lets you switch hands to slice a corner without fiddling with any bolt disassembly.

Part of only a *few* reasons I never bought an AUG.

I've even toyed with a user "flip-flop" ejection system that could be adapted to an M14 or even an FAL-based bullpup (if you replace that stupid icepick spring linkage back into the stock...), but I have neither the time nor the machine shop to experiment. I need to find some new friends...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Xqa2vwq60&feature=player_embedded

Looks like your 3-4yrs too late? Kel Tec have had the RFB series on offer in the US since 2007. Its fully ambi and suggested US retail is way below the price indicator you are suggesting!</div></div>

Thats some pretty stiff recoil...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Xqa2vwq60&feature=player_embedded

Looks like your 3-4yrs too late? Kel Tec have had the RFB series on offer in the US since 2007. Its fully ambi and suggested US retail is way below the price indicator you are suggesting! </div></div>

I just did a Quick web search on this.For starters,it was not really available until early 2009 for the average retail customer.The accuracy leaves A LOT to be desired.I read a post by the guy in charge of testing at Kel-Tec and he said with an 18" bbl,HDY TAP,off a Rest he was getting 1.5-1.75" @ 100yds.2-3" w/ Win White Box and 4-5" with surplus.

Read about the design of this,the BBL is the Spine of the system.EVERYTHING is bolted or fastened to the BBL.The rep got a little defensive in the thread I read and said the 32" BBL would make things even more Accurate?

Here is the thread:

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2009/03/11/kel-tec-rfb-rifle-cutaway/

BTW,I read a few more,was hard to find info on accuracy from the "Gun Writer Whores" drooling over it.

Parent rifle is a H&K SLB2000, which is based on G3 technology, but updated, the SLB have proved to be an accuracte and reliable rifle, even if the ergonomics are a bit squew-wif. Which converting the thing to a bullpup realy alters.
The rifle is aimed at the hunting market more than anything else and is a test bed for ideas as well as bieng an interesting, hard weqaring, hard working piece.
We've some work to do on it before the IWA, which is why i'm after feed back.
rgds Pete

Looks quite similar to the Israeli Tavor which can come with an handguard rather than just a trigger guard. I think that is a nice option given the exposed grip. Nice work.

Matt from Kel-Tec R&D Said,
May 4th, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Best accuracy has been obtained with longer barreled variants, which are capable of Sub-MOA accuracy with match ammo. The 18&#8243; variants are the least accurate, but they still achieve about 1.5-1.75&#8243; groups at 100 yards from our indoor range. That’s off a bench using Hornady TAP 168 grn ammo. I’ve gotten sub-MOA with 18&#8243; RFBs, but I wouldn’t guarantee it. We shoot 5 shot groups for accuracy, not three. You won’t find a major manufacturer promising accuracy that’s better than that from a standard rifle.

The rate of twist of the18&#8243; and 24&#8243; (11.25&#8243;) definitely prefer 168Grn ammo in my experience, but Federal Gold Medal Match 175 Grn usually is capable of doing excellent work in these guns. Use of bulk and surplus ammo in the 147-150 grn region regularly return terrible accuracy of around 4-5&#8243;, but I’m sure that most people who do accuracy testing are gonna use the cheapest crap that will fit into the chamber and proclaim that the rifle doesn’t shoot for beans.

American Eagle 150 seems to do a little better than Winchester White Box 147, (2-3&#8243; vs. 4&#8243;)probably because AE150 has an actual copper jacket, and WB147 has a mild steel jacket.

My personal best with an RFB is 0.4 MOA at 100 yds with a 32&#8243; barreled version using GMM 175, but the 32&#8243; models are a few years from being a regular catalog item. Keep in mind that the barrels are able to be changed at home with an armorers kit and a vise.

Pete, just my humble opinion, but that rifle is u-g-l-y. Also, that pistol grip seems to just stick way out there waiting to snag on something. Not my idea of something to take hunting. Nobody ever asks me for fashion advice, so what do I know.
smile.gif

It takes a bit of getting used to. I've got an F2K, PS90, and an MSAR, so I can say I'm a big fan of bullpops. Got any youtube vids?