• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sierra 169gr SMK (.30)

Provides some comic relief for some of us. I ordered 500 more, got the same "glitch" email. Ah well. Gotta laugh or cry ... might as well laugh.

So, just an FYI. If you ordered these from Sierra, you might want to give them a call. I called today asking where my box of 500 was after a month after ordering, and they said they were refunding orders due to not knowing when they could fulfil the orders. I ordered these the day they became available on their website.

I asked to keep the order as I do t care when I get them with if the next 2-4 months, but nope. Let’s see when I receive the refund or email confirming the refund.

Last edited:
When I called last week or whenever, they said my order was hung up in shipping. I may just go with Berger’s 168’s at this rate 😞

I just put in an order for 500 as they were in stock on 2/17. But, I got refunded right after I ordered.

I ordered 500 on Jan 21st. Called to inquire about 2 weeks ago, was told they were waiting on labels. This morning I got an email saying the order was being cancelled.
Kind of a bullshit situation, Sierra. Thanks for nothing.

Reactions: Aussieusa
I got my refund email this morning. I’ll think twice before I support a local business without making sure the item is actually in stock before I spend ~$250 once everything is said and done. Had a month wasted where I could have purchased elsewhere.

It’s certainly an improvement but at a similar price point, is there a real advantage of these 169 bullets over their trusted 175SMK?
They won't hit the dreaded 308 "wall" at 800y and drop to the ground from mid-air flight like the 6.5 Creedmoor guys think happens 🤣😂🤣

Voice mail from Philip at Sierra saying my bullets were hung up in shipping. Today they were cancelled. Weird but it’s whatevs
D652D3F3-6FEB-40A5-A2E4-C84F2412DDE6.jpeg
6200734A-6766-40A3-BEBB-D757597299E5.png

Reactions: Aussieusa
Just had my order cancelled as well. Time to start looking for supplies again.

A friend had a 1/21 order cancelled as well.

Weird. My order of 500 in January showed up last week.

Has anyone actually got their money back in their accounts? I got the email saying the ordered was cancelled and being refunded, but still no money back in my account.

Has anyone actually got their money back in their accounts? I got the email saying the ordered was cancelled and being refunded, but still no money back in my account.

Same here. No money. I asked them via email and they said it was already processed on their end, but he noted:

The bank processing may take a few days.

If it crosses over my billing window, and I'm expected to pay it or incur interest, I'll just contest it.

Same here. No money. I asked them via email and they said it was already processed on their end, but he noted:

If it crosses over my billing window, and I'm expected to pay it or incur interest, I'll just contest it.
I’m in the same boat. Was told refund was processed but no funds as of yet. I’m giving it until tomorrow morning then will follow up.

This “inventory glitch” has the makings of a massive, epic clusterfuck on Sierra’s part (it already is in my mind lol) but hopefully they get their shit together ASAP and we all get our funds back sooner rather than later.

In your case I’d file a dispute before your billing cycle rolls over.

I back ordered some 168 TMK through Creedmoor Sports...not the same thing, I understand, but I like the way CM sports operates and handles this nonsense at their level. If they let me back order and it's not time sensitive, I do. Might be worth checking that out if you're chasing these babies.

They also had some 195 TMK in stock last week that they shipped same day for me. I only ordered a few boxes, didn't want to be "that guy."

Reactions: King_beardsly
You can see the 169 SMK is just barely shorter than 168 TMK.....both are way longer than a 175 smk
Yep, but do my eyes deceive me or is the TMK a secant olgive while the SMKs look like Tangent. Or am I seeing things again? LOL

My refund was deposited today. I paid by debit, so I would have assumed that to show up quicker than a CC. Now the hunt continues for another suitable projectile.

Reactions: stewarmy01
If it could just not snow for more a week I could get out and test these 169's at distance. I have 40rd loaded up to test at 300, 500 and 700

I met up with @NukeMMC on Monday and we were sliding all over the place getting nailed with another damn storm.

i should go make sure my shipment from Midway is actually bullets and not bricks!

If it could just not snow for more a week I could get out and test these 169's at distance. I have 40rd loaded up to test at 300, 500 and 700
You will like the results when you take them out, especially beyond 500m.

My refund was deposited today. I paid by debit, so I would have assumed that to show up quicker than a CC. Now the hunt continues for another suitable projectile.
I was able to back order them from creedmoor back in january. With $2 shipping to boot. That was for 4 boxes of 100. The shipping charge for a single 500 box was a regular rate. I'm assuming it was just a system error.

I met up with @NukeMMC on Monday and we were sliding all over the place getting nailed with another damn storm.
Yeah. Took me almost 2 1/2 hours to make the 1 hr drive home. The Turnpike was 35mph!
Won't miss which ammo is loaded with those Winchester primers, will you?

Yeah. Took me almost 2 1/2 hours to make the 1 hr drive home. The Turnpike was 35mph!
Won't miss which ammo is loaded with those Winchester primers, will you?

Yea it took me a half hour and I was under 10min from my place. Watched a state cop driving sideways up 113 on my way home. Haha

Lol