• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New SPUHR IDEAL CHASSIS SYSTEM (SICS)

Night Vision Viking

Distance & Darkness is an illusion
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Europe
www.youtube.com
This was just posted by Spuhr. I understand the product is about "ready" to ship, as in not just a marketing trick and then wait another 2-3 years before you can actually buy it.

I hope to get a sample very soon for a Remington 700 to try it out.

What do you think about the potential?

SPUHR IDEAL CHASSIS SYSTEM™ (SICS™) Löddeköpinge, Sweden (September 6, 2021) – Spuhr i Dalby AB (Spuhr®) is introducing the Spuhr Ideal Chassis System™ (SICS™) to the North American market. Mr. Ulf Nilsson, CEO, says, “This is a project we’re extremely proud of. The Spuhr Ideal Chassis system, or ‘6’ for short, has been the company’s main focus for the past 18 months. The SICS™ was designed around the concepts of modularity, stability, innovation, and quality.” Integrating the Spuhr Interface™ into a chassis system allows the user to position accessories originally designed for the Spuhr Ideal Scope Mount System™ (ISMS™) at various positions on the rifle system, combined with an exchangeable handguard and bag rider, provides unsurpassed modularity. Machined from aircraft aluminum, with the sole synthetic parts being the rubberized pistol grip, cheek piece, and a Limbsaver® Airtech® recoil pad, the SICS™ offers an extremely rigid shooting platform. An innovative, and patented, quick-adjustable Length of Pull (LOP) allows the user to instantly adjust the LOP when shifting from one shooting position to another. The SICS™ also features LOP Presets so that the user can tailor his maximum and minimum Length of Pull. Integrated into the standard 16-inch forend is an Arca Swiss® rail for use with bipods and tripods, but even this part of the chassis still accepts Spuhr Interface™ accessories. As always, quality has been a priority, where the SICS™ does not feature any sharp edges while featuring the same high quality black anodizing known from the Spuhr Hunting Series mounts and rings (other colors will be available.) The first versions released will be for the Remington 700 and Tikka T3/T3x short action footprints, for use with AICS magazines. Pre-orders for the North American market will be accepted starting September 27th.

Attachments

• SPUHR SICS.PNG
    SPUHR SICS.PNG
    854.8 KB · Views: 1,356
  • Spuhr Ideal Chassis System.PNG
    Spuhr Ideal Chassis System.PNG
    467.2 KB · Views: 1,423
Call me naive but where is the epic launch of this product? They have hinted it would hit the market for the better part of this summer, and this is it?

There is not even a new picture of the complete chassis on instagram. Nothing on the webshop, nothing...

Last edited:
Reactions: CerebralDistortion
I like the idea of all the extra little mounts for their accessories. That can get kinda pricey but I do have alot of their add ons already for their scope mounts. Interesting concept, can’t wIt to see reviews.

I bet you can buy a add on for that. 😂
Yeah, i hope they release some detailed photos of the thing over the coming days, all assumptions are from that cheesy FB video.

IF the top cover is removable / optional and IF the price falls somewhere within the realm of reason i could see myself getting one assuming the weight is 5lb or less.

Everything these days looks like a MDT ACC to me...

Not big on the vertical grip , would prefer a fully enclosed forend.
The butt stock is nice though ! I imagine it would be a heavy solid chasis

Yeah, i hope they release some detailed photos of the thing over the coming days, all assumptions are from that cheesy FB video.

IF the top cover is removable / optional and IF the price falls somewhere within the realm of reason i could see myself getting one assuming the weight is 5lb or less.

Everything these days looks like a MDT ACC to me...
Funny you say MDT ACC because I bought one this year to use for PRS. It’s a damn nice chassis tho, kinda wish I went with the ARC Xylo tho. First I bought the Woox Furiosa to use for hunting which has the same style stock type grip type as the ARC. I do like the ACC vertical grip but after using the Woox I really like that type setup better. The wood is a much nicer feel as well so there’s that issue too for me.

Interesting….Wonder if the cost will exceed that of the Remington Defense RACS chassis systems when they were available.

Reactions: camocorvette
Quality will be superb. The issue will be price.

Hi,

Yea, still not seeing it. You gave no details as to what lead you to say that.

So...
JP is in MN, you are in MN...
You have nothing but JP business information in your signature and more than half your post on SH are about JP in some way or the other.....So are you directly connected to them or how does that work?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

It should, lol...it is 2 different images of the same JP chassis, lolololol

Sincerely,
Theis
I’m taking about that JP picture vs the Spuhr video on FB. I had to watch it a few times to compare but def very similar. The big difference will be in the quality of the metal and if I know Spuhr it should be top notch. I love their scope mounts but in all honesty I’m not that big of a fan of that design or many others like it to be honest. I like the open and boxy fore end designs myself that aren’t so tactical AR looking.