• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New stock for Tikka Tac-

O23fish

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2012
Fla, USA
Looking to upgrade my stock on my CTR Tikka(T3) .308 tactical rifle. Shoots dime groups @ 100yds now,when i do my part. I want more range. Money is an obvious factor(family) what's the best bang for my buck? Pillar bedded..rather aluminum block ect. Looking at the xlr evolution but at $700.00 I would like to get the most accuracy for my money-of course. Is there a less expensive option out there? Thanks for your suggestions ect....

Last edited:
Bell and Carlson makes a solid stock for the tikka that is aroud $300.00
Its not fancy, but seems very well made for the money.

Bell and Carlson makes a solid stock for the tikka that is aroud $300.00
Its not fancy, but seems very well made for the money.

Thanks I'll look into it(them),doesn't need to be fancy...I'm just in a budget crunch at the moment. I like B&C for cost vs product. But want to keep moving forward with the Tikka. Any more? I'll look into those mentioned...appreciate those who have suggested-specific models ect would help ie-manners ect THANKS...keep 'em comin please! Much appreciated...

Thanks I'll look into it(them),doesn't need to be fancy...I'm just in a budget crunch at the moment. I like B&C for cost vs product. But want to keep moving forward with the Tikka. Any more? I'll look into those mentioned...appreciate those who have suggested-specific models ect would help ie-manners ect THANKS...keep 'em comin please! Much appreciated...

I say shoot the factory stock until you can save up for a Whiskey 3/XLR or a Manners/McMillan. The B&C is not a bad stock for what it is, but at the end of the day, it's still a hunter style stock. You have the same low fixed comb, awkward grip angle, etc. You're really getting a better design with the high end stocks.

On top of this, if you go with a stock, consider getting a steel recoil lug (ie. KRG lug). I know Manners offers this as an option, installed or not, and the chassis probably have a lug built in.

This may not be of any use to you..but there is a Tikka Bullpup stock in the prototype stage down here in Australia.

it has been mentioned on another (Australian) forum, Here is some info from the guy who is developing it. He makes the MAK Tube guns down here:

Thanks guys for a the comments on the T3 bullpup
I will take on board what has been stated the good and the bad such as ugly etc
I have attached 2 photos of the Tikka next to my DTA so that you may compare the 2
The trigger on the Tikka is adjustable from 8oz to 1.5 lbs single stage and better than the DTA as the DTA has drag almost as a 2 stage trigger
The scope height on the DTA to the Tikka is 5mm lower with super high mounts fitted and I still have trouble getting my head low enough to focus
The Tikka uses standard high mounts with no issues of focusing with the scope
The weight of the Tikka in 223 with 20" barrel and Schmidt&bender scope is 4kilos(with no weight taken out yet)
The DTA 308 with 18"barrel is 5kilos same scope
The DTA bolt is about 1.5 inches forward than the Tikka
The Tikka can have different pistol grips unlike the DTA
Magazine capacity 10 rounds for the DTA and 6 for the Tikka
The angle 23 degree angled stock is so the rifle does not get caught under you arm when bringing up the rifle
All T3 calibres will fit the stock
As this is the prototype and will not suite everyone it is a 3rd of the price of the DTA but you can not have interchangeable barrels

tikka-bp.jpg

tikka-bp2.jpg

Last edited:
No pics came thru with the bull-pup post? Or I can't bring 'em up. Yes, I can wait and get an xlr/whiskey3 chassis or even a manners...may end up there, but looking for something I missed or a lower priced option. I will change out the lug regardless to stiffen things up...any others I've missed in webland? THANKS for the replys...any more? Thx...and good shootin....

Just save up for the Whiskey chassis, you won't regret it. You can also contact KRG and see if they have any more blem gen 2 folders in stock. I went that route to avoid the long wait in line and love mine!

Yeah I did the same josh. Just ask for a blemish one. They discounted mine too. The W3 is the only chassis I like. Works great on my tikka!

Hey , what type of "blems"are we talking about? Paint? Twists'? I'll look closer at their sites...what did the discount amount too? 5%...10%? Thanks ...So your Tikka likes That chassis? What T3 model is it? Thx

I got a blem chassis and I couldn't find anything outrightly wrong with it. Mine is a Scout .308.

That's a home made kydex molded cheek rest.

Correct. The factory piece all the way sat down on the frame was still too high for me to get a good cheek weld on so I had to home make a solution. Works like a champ and I was into it for a whole whopping 1.92 for the project, lol.

I'll check on the Blem 's...I like Manners but the $$ -after your this deep what's a few more bucks...need to hold the chassis. Actually both for feel ect. Any more ideas out there? Thx..have fun..

I'll check on the Blem 's...I like Manners but the $$ -after your this deep what's a few more bucks...need to hold the chassis. Actually both for feel ect. Any more ideas out there? Thx..have fun..

I've been told that Manner's will send you a trial stock to fondle if you ask. Not sure if you have to pay shipping or anything. I've never done it.

Just save up for the Whiskey chassis, you won't regret it. You can also contact KRG and see if they have any more blem gen 2 folders in stock. I went that route to avoid the long wait in line and love mine!

Good advice right there... Patience grasshopper...... Seriously, though, I love my KRG W3. Best ever IMHO.

023fish: I paid around $700ish for mine as a blem I believe. Like said by others in this post. I couldn't find anything truly blemmed on the chassis. there was one ding on the back where a roll pin was punched through. other than that it was clean and of course nothing that can't be fixed. I usually tend to stick with traditional bedded stocks like McMillian or manners. Not a huge chassis fan. But for a chassis the W3 KRG is a good one! Works great with my rock creek barreled tikka t3 action.