• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New (to me) Kestrel!

CleanMoostang

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2010
Eastern KY
Got lucky and spotted this guy on ebay. Didn't want to spend too much as I realized it was an older model, but, didn't have the funds to buy a newer model one.

So I got this little guy for $159. Its the 4000 model and from what I can tell, and have been told, by NK Representatives, only changes are the looks and some displays.

Looks brand new in my hands, only scratches or marks are on the clear cover.

Now just got to learn how to properly use it with my Shooter App..

2012-09-07_14-33-21_751.jpg

Re: New (to me) Kestrel!

haha..I was actually watching that one on ebay. Was the starting bid $150? ha...I was pissed at myself for forgetting about the auction!

It was originally started bid $25, which is why I jumped on it. Hoped not too many ppl knew what it was. Got it last minute at $159 after cuckling some dude at $156. SORRY BRO

Tip 1 is to set your elevation refrence to 0 and then just use baro pressure.

Very cool little device. Great price. Thanks for the post.
I am going to have to look into that.

Nice score. Amazon will have good deals from time to time, just have to keep checking back. I scored a tan 4000NV (not that I need nv) for 199.00 because the box had a crinkle in one corner.