• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Tract Toric 4.5-30x56

Thanks for the info guys, I’m excited to see what y’all say about it because I will be ready to buy a new scope really soon and was debating an razor gen 2 or XTR3. I want to see how this stacks up!

Reactions: TankFrank
You won't get a better scope for the money that is being spent. Tract truly compares to scopes that are in a much higher price range. Great folks to deal with, a lot of experience in the industry has been brought to Tract. I mentioned this in the past, but Tract has brought world class optics to working class shooters and hunters. I have sold my higher priced optics to use Tract products. They are that good, and with the money I had left over from the big names, I am building some new rifles. Can't beat that deal.

How does the zero'ing work? Similar to a razor?

I have 3 questions:

1. Where is this made?
2. How is your experience to deal with the company? Are they open and easy for warranty and services?
3. It looks somewhat Athlon Cronus. Do you find it resemblance in person as well?

Thanks

I have 3 questions:

1. Where is this made?
2. How is your experience to deal with the company? Are they open and easy for warranty and services?
3. It looks somewhat Athlon Cronus. Do you find it resemblance in person as well?

Thanks
I guess I have the same questions.
If it is China, I'm out and going back to the Cronus BTR idea.

Here is the website that has all the details you are asking about.

It is made in Japan with Shcott glass.

Last edited:
I have 3 questions:

1. Where is this made?

Thanks

The scope is made in Japan. Tract are good people. They make a nice product and support it well.

This basic LOW design is the basis for several scope currently on the market: Athlon Cronus, Delta Stryker, Trijicon Tenmile and now the new Toric.

According to the guys from Tract, the optical system they use is not identical with some modifications unique to them and some parts of turret design being a little different as well.

Either way, this implies that mechanically the scope should hold up very nicely. This basic mechanical "chassis" has been around for a couple of years and has been quite good. It is also the basis for the new Leica PRS scope, although that one is significantly different optically.

I have only seen this specific Tract scope at SHOT, so I do not have any opinions on what they did with the glass. Covertnoob should be able to address that.

I will try to look at this scope later in the year when I dig through my current backlog.

ILya

Very interesting scope. I remember looking very hard at a Toric a couple of years ago and went with something else for a reason that escapes me at the moment. I remember hearing nothing but great things about them. I think koshkin has said this many times, but the choices we have for optics now is fantastic.

The only hands-on I've heard from is the 4-20, that's why I jumped in on the 4.5-30 if it does as well as people who like the 4-20. Concern I kind of have is if it's in the same factory as LOW, I'd be curious how it compares to a Cronus. Cronus now can be had around $1050-1200. I just sold my ETRs to fund the Tract.

In their description they do mention using Schott glass, not sure how that's done or assembled. At the $1500-1600 price range there's a lot to be had here -

Used Razor HD Gen 2
Delta Stryker
Cronus

How did the 4-20 compare to these?

Reactions: TrevK
The only hands-on I've heard from is the 4-20, that's why I jumped in on the 4.5-30 if it does as well as people who like the 4-20. Concern I kind of have is if it's in the same factory as LOW, I'd be curious how it compares to a Cronus. Cronus now can be had around $1050-1200. I just sold my ETRs to fund the Tract.

In their description they do mention using Schott glass, not sure how that's done or assembled. At the $1500-1600 price range there's a lot to be had here -

Used Razor HD Gen 2
Delta Stryker
Cronus

How did the 4-20 compare to these?
I’ve shot my 4-20 then went directly to a gen 2 razor... no difference in clarity of glass, to me anyways. The razors bigger objective is nice and 34mm tube obviously but compared to the 34mm tract... I’d say grab whichever you can get cheaper.
Tracts military pricing brings the scope to just over $1400.... it’s $300 cheaper than a gen 2 razor after military discount

Reactions: littlepod
Interested in optical quality comparison against the Trijicon 4.5-50 / Delta (understood the 4.5-30 is a better comparison, but I don't have that model). I love the Trijicon for the value - and wondering if something exists, not only with better glass, but that is also of a similar price/quality ratio.

Thanks! Would that mean it would look like just the Cronus in glass quality? I'm curious $1200 vs $1500 if that $300 offers a lot more.

This is honestly the only reason I didnt preorder. I have been seeing cronus scopes for 1k. I am hoping the tract is better quality glass or better turrets that would justify the extra cost.

I ordered the Tract ELR on the 1st day it was available for pre-order. A month later I pre-ordered the Tenebraex caps. The caps just shipped, but not the scope. Kinda odd.

I ordered the Tract ELR on the 1st day it was available for pre-order. A month later I pre-ordered the Tenebraex caps. The caps just shipped, but not the scope. Kinda odd.

Me too...

I also ordered a second ELR about a week ago during the Memorial sale.. and that shipped today but not the one that I ordered on the first day of the pre-order.

It's a small company working as hard as they can. I'm sure they'll get everything out soon.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic.
Is there a spot for order history or tracking the order?
I think I may have forgot to log in so that may have something to do it maybe? Or can you not order without an account?

Whats the FOV like? The FOV specs look quite good.
Does the eye piece 'disappear' or is there quite a black ring look to it?

Slightly off topic.
Is there a spot for order history or tracking the order?
I think I may have forgot to log in so that may have something to do it maybe? Or can you not order without an account?

Just call or email them. They will take care of you. The customer service is awesome.

Just call or email them. They will take care of you. The customer service is awesome.
Oh I know that, and I'm not concerned.
I called before placing my order, didn't leave a message, and Jon (Are they both spelled like that or does the other have an H?) anyways, called right back. Took time out of his very busy day trying to get as many of these out the door to help me get my mil discount situated. He could have said fuck it, must have been spam. Already looking at what other scopes to upgrade with a Tract.

Is the windage turret locking as well? I like the reticle and price.

Me too...

I also ordered a second ELR about a week ago during the Memorial sale.. and that shipped today but not the one that I ordered on the first day of the pre-order.

It's a small company working as hard as they can. I'm sure they'll get everything out soon.

Crossing my fingers it goes out today.

Whats the FOV like? The FOV specs look quite good.
Does the eye piece 'disappear' or is there quite a black ring look to it?

I got to look through a 4-20 Tract at my PRS match a couple weeks ago. I have to say, there were things I liked about it, but the version I looked through tunneled atrociously. The thick black ring of the scope body was probably the worst I have seen in a $1000+ plus scope. I almost think there was something wrong with it.

Hopefully that's not the norm and this GenII doesnt look like that. Lots of nice scopes in this price point.

I got to look through a 4-20 Tract at my PRS match a couple weeks ago. I have to say, there were things I liked about it, but the version I looked through tunneled atrociously. The thick black ring of the scope body was probably the worst I have seen in a $1000+ plus scope. I almost think there was something wrong with it.

Hopefully that's not the norm and this GenII doesnt look like that. Lots of nice scopes in this price point.

Something was off. The 4-20x50 has narrow FOV, but no tunneling to speak of.

ILya

I do notice that the FoV specs are much narrower than the Stryker. I wonder optically how the construction done at LOW can differ by so much. The Delta Stryker has significantly higher FOV's.

Even the Ares ETR has a higher FOV than the Toric.

Isn't tunneling when you zoom out but the field of you stays the same? That black ring around the image could be caused by a few things including overly thick scope caps.

Mine shipped with the Iota rings they sell. Should have Thursday, and thoughts this weekend. Assuming it gets to FedEx today. Either way I should have it for the weekend.

I do notice that the FoV specs are much narrower than the Stryker. I wonder optically how the construction done at LOW can differ by so much. The Delta Stryker has significantly higher FOV's.

Even the Ares ETR has a higher FOV than the Toric.
Significantly higher?

Toric 24.7 - 3.7
Ares ETR 24.5 - 3.75
Stryker 27.23 - 3.93

Another thing to keep in mind is that minimum FOV specs mean nothing. I'd rather see FOV at 10, 15, 20, and 25 where more shooting is happening vs. at 4.5 where it's just a show off number.

Significantly higher?

Toric 24.7 - 3.7
Ares ETR 24.5 - 3.75
Stryker 27.23 - 3.93

Another thing to keep in mind is that minimum FOV specs mean nothing. I'd rather see FOV at 10, 15, 20, and 25 where more shooting is happening vs. at 4.5 where it's just a show off number.

Yeh it's just numbers on paper, but the Stryker does have around 5-10% increased FoV in the min/max range focal lengths. My main issue with the ETR is the eyebox and the finicky parallax. I am hoping the Tract is much better in those issues.

Turrets wise I think my ETR turrets are great, no concern. So Tract will be better, but it isn't the thing I'm caring too much an improvement on.

I love my locking windage, but never experienced a locking elevation. I'm not sure if I like that or not, we'll see once I run it through a match next week (NRL22X/NRL). I wanted to do some match practice this weekend, but my scope won't be here until Tuesday... Fedex -> coming from Pennsylvania and I'm in WA, so quite a ways to travel.

The Tract also is 41oz vs everyone else in this range around 36.5oz. I wonder where that 5oz is going, some of it will be in the taller/beefier locking elevation turrets.

I don't mind paying the weight cost assuming there's a benefit to it all.

Yeh it's just numbers on paper, but the Stryker does have around 5-10% increased FoV in the min/max range focal lengths.

Is it actually a wider FOV or does it just appear wider?
I don't know what the term is but for example the Vortex Razor 1-6 eyepiece virtually disappears living very little of the black ring visible, vs other scopes which may have a similar FOV but the apparent FOV feels less.

Maybe @koshkin can explain better.
He mentions this effect in his High end scope review regarding the k525i.

Significantly higher?

Toric 24.7 - 3.7
Ares ETR 24.5 - 3.75
Stryker 27.23 - 3.93

I am not sure where you got those numbers for the Stryker FOV, but I suspect they are incorrect.

Delta lists the Stryker FOV as virtually identical to Toric and the Stryker I have here in my hands has that exact FOV.

ILya

Isn't tunneling when you zoom out but the field of you stays the same? That black ring around the image could be caused by a few things including overly thick scope caps.

Tunneling may be the wrong choice of words. There weren't any caps on it. But it truly was a super thick scope body.

Tunneling may be the wrong choice of words. There weren't any caps on it. But it truly was a super thick scope body.

I know what you mean but don't know the correct term for it, I'll attach pictures I found online that show an exaggerated comparison.

When I compare the FOV in my 3-15 PST vs my 3-15 VX5hd the specs on paper are relatively close but the actual view through the scope on my PST makes the FOV look far far wider due to this effect.

Thin Ring.jpg

Thick Ring.jpg

Reactions: TrevK
I know what you mean but don't know the correct term for it, I'll attach pictures I found online that show an exaggerated comparison.

When I compare the FOV in my 3-15 PST vs my 3-15 VX5hd the specs on paper are relatively close but the actual view through the scope on my PST makes the FOV look far far wider due to this effect.

View attachment 7342746
View attachment 7342748

That picture low right is quite literally what that guys scope looked like. It was that bad. So bad that I thought something was wrong with it.