• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Vertical Grips-Your Input Requested

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Hello All,

Very excited to see these in some of your hands.

on ar10.jpg

prs above.jpg

prs front.jpg

on side recce.jpg

ribit.jpg

Lots of care and testing put into the ergos of this grip, which I intend as a bridge between more common "AR" oriented grips and bolt gun "grips" which are typically chunky and useless beyond guiding the rifle.

3D printed, this time from PA12 rather than my typical PA11. This allows for a lower price point and there's some unique internal geometry to keep the robustness where I like it. Available with and without a small thumb shelf and "finger pad", right now only for righties but that will be changing soon.

You can check out more below, and I welcome any and all input, requests, etc!

Vertical Crossover Grip

Tyler

Oh, forgot an important detail. Quite lightweight, just under 2oz without the thumb shelf, just over with!

Hello All,

Very excited to see these in some of your hands.

View attachment 7696920

View attachment 7696922

View attachment 7696923

View attachment 7696925

View attachment 7696926

Lots of care and testing put into the ergos of this grip, which I intend as a bridge between more common "AR" oriented grips and bolt gun "grips" which are typically chunky and useless beyond guiding the rifle.

3D printed, this time from PA12 rather than my typical PA11. This allows for a lower price point and there's some unique internal geometry to keep the robustness where I like it. Available with and without a small thumb shelf and "finger pad", right now only for righties but that will be changing soon.

You can check out more below, and I welcome any and all input, requests, etc!

Vertical Crossover Grip

Tyler
Outstanding. I’m sure still loving my MK JAE grip and can’t complement enough the the quality and fit.

I’m sure these are the same. (y)

• Love
Reactions: Tyler Kemp
I know less than ZERO about 3D printing but I would say that your resolution looks great for the task at hand.

I know less than ZERO about 3D printing but I would say that your resolution looks great for the task at hand.

I can tell ya I've invested heavily into the top printing technology and I'm very pleased with the results. Finish is better than molded parts much of the time, and very nice tolerances and part properties!

Just ordered the precision model, looking forward to trying this.

Any chance on a left handed thumb shelf version? I would love to compare this against the zero angle ergo grips I have on most my rigs.

Mounted it up and did a dryfire session. I really like this grip...a lot! I dry fired it for a bit, then got out my MPA Matrix and dry fired that for a while, then switched back and forth. I did this considering the concept is to make a precision AR feel more like a bolt gun with a vert grip. So I thought, lets see how it feels alone and then compared to a bolt gun chassis. Here are my thoughts.

I have XL hands, long and skinny. The ergonomics are just right to get a 90deg trigger pull and rest my thumb. The texture is perfect, grippy but not too crazy. This rifle was sporting a magpul (x3 or something like that, their straighter one). I was able to shoot it fine but it was always lacking a thumb rest and required more thought to be consistent on it. Switching to your vert grip made my hand fall into a comfortable and consistent position everytime. It really does fix that last little thing that an AR needs for precision shooting and makes the rifle complete. I just dig the consistency and since I take newer shooters out to shoot long range a lot, this is going to help them be consistent.

The distance from front of grip to trigger is very close to the Matrix which is great for me, less to adapt to. I think you have hit the sweet spot for an AR needing a precision grip. The look is awesome too. I mean it's a tool but whatever...looks great. That's important to be competitive and I think you are going to be out in front leading the big companies with this one. I mean, you nailed it!

I'm guessing you will expand on this and make different sizes and options, I have two thoughts for options.

1. A fatter grip. I like this one but after comparing back to back with the Matrix, I did like the meatier one a little bit better. This is just an idea, I really like this one but would buy a fatter option for another rifle that needs a vert grip.

2. Maybe a storage option for those people that keep a spare optic battery, tools, tactical skittles or whatever in the grip. That would add cost but maybe some people would want that. Not sure but down the road that might be something to consider.
thumbnail_IMG_20210911_130215252.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20210911_125702881.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210911_125702881.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 154
  • thumbnail_IMG_20210911_125630165.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20210911_125630165.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 358
Purchased the Precision and Ultralight. Looking forward to using them!

Just got one in. I've prototyped parts at my job with a Markforged printer and a Formlabs SLA printer and I can say this grip is impressive! Good job. So far, I'm a fan.

PXL_20210912_201512531.jpg
PXL_20210912_195940877.jpg

how about a front vertical grip for pic rail , needs to be 50mm and under for service rifle discipline

Glad you are liking them guys.

I am always open to new ideas.

For a storage grip, probably looking at $60ish with a baseplate.

As for a front vert grip @M77 sketch up what you're after!

• Love
Reactions: M77 and Baron23
How about adding in a “ban state” fin version for those of us stuck one of the restricted states? With the thumb pad on both sides I think it would be an appealing option.

With my "Adaptive Precision Grip" we have a fin option! We may explore something similar for this grip down the road.

Reactions: Vodak
I wouldn't say it warrants a change, but the second hole at the top of the grip almost lines up with the upper/lower tension screw on my Aero M4E1 lower. It would be cool if I was able to adjust that without taking the grip off.