• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

Hey Fellas,
FDE chassis are now shipping! They are available on the site. I'll put up a shop pic soon. Thanks,
Justin

Are the FDE fore ends available as well, or are they all going to the new X-Ray's? I am looking forward to putting one one on my FDE W3. Thanks!

We do have FDE forends available and we're getting them up on the site for ordering. Hopefully by tomorrow they'll be up.

Soon there will be FDE X-Rays headed to AUS, within a week or two most likely.
Thanks guys,
Justin

Just a heads up for everyone, I spent some time talking with David at WieBad, and he was able to make me a stock pad for my X-Ray. It probably won't be a stocked item with them, but it is available by special order. You'll need to send him a photo of the bottom of your riser, though, so they can make the velcro straps work around where you have the riser's posts attached. David said that future orders would probably have a small extra charge since it will have to be made to fit each individual riser configuration, though.

Mine has a little bit of fore/aft play to it due to the way it attaches, but it's not a big deal. Otherwise, I love the pad he made for me.

With low scope rings and a 40mm objective, the cheek riser on the Tikka xray is almost too high for me on the lowest setting without the o-rings. It would be nice if there was a lower option. Other than that the fit is great.

This looks like a great stock. Light and not bulky, and allows for multiple positions of your trigger hand.

In the photos on page 12 it looked like there was a problem with the fit and finish on the left side grip panel.

Has this been addressed and corrected? A stock this nice deserves it!
I didn't see anything said about it but I could have missed it.

Thanks!

Cerakote is near-permanent. And relatively cheap for just a chassis in one color.
There are no excuses. I got Xray Chassis number 00001 in my possession. Got it in the first hour of S.H.O.T.

Just getting around to planning my build...

One of you guys with finished products start a "Let's see your.." thread, would ya?

This looks like a great stock. Light and not bulky, and allows for multiple positions of your trigger hand.

In the photos on page 12 it looked like there was a problem with the fit and finish on the left side grip panel.

Has this been addressed and corrected? A stock this nice deserves it!
I didn't see anything said about it but I could have missed it.

Thanks!

I just received the green Tikka xray and the panel fit is perfect. And the front piece can easily be microadjusted for AICS mag retention.

Cerakote is near-permanent. And relatively cheap for just a chassis in one color.
There are no excuses. I got Xray Chassis number 00001 in my possession. Got it in the first hour of S.H.O.T.

Just getting around to planning my build...

One of you guys with finished products start a "Let's see your.." thread, would ya?
We have one. It's here: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/251653-lets-see-your-krg-x-ray-chassis.html.

Unfortunately, the Forum Search engine does not allow searching for three letter words (KRG, RAY) and therefore it's really hard to find.

Bohem, all future T3's will have most of the left hand inlet cut into them, only the bolt clearance will need to be cut in. At that point it will be fully ambi. We probably won't have a lefty specific inlet but it's possible.

I'll get some pics of the mount up in the other thread and post a note here but it will take a couple days. Thanks guys,
Justin

SO I said 'Screw it" Monday morning and ordered the lateral adjustment plate.

Come Wednesday morning, I emailed KRG to see if it had shipped yet. In the past, it's not been unusual for it to take a day or two for parts to ship from KRG, so no biggie. I got an email back Wednesday afternoon saying it should ship that day.

I got home yesterday and checked the mail - box was empty. My fiancée got home a little while later and told me she'd gotten the mail that morning, and that I had a package.

I wasn't expecting anything in the mail, so I was curious.

It was my lateral adjustment plate.

2 freaking days from ordering it from KRG in Idaho to in my hands in Florida. That's pretty damn impressive, Justin.

I got the plate installed last night. When I saw on the website that it required a hammer and punch I was concerned. For those of you that shied away due to that, you only need the hammer and punch to tap in two threaded inserts that go in the holes in the plastic cheek piece. Everything else screws together nicely.

There's also a lot more fore/aft adjustment than I expected. You can reverse the plate for some offset (if you look closely, you'll see the difference in the design), as well as using a different pair of holes. I was able to get my cheek piece far enough back to still allow me to remove my bolt without removing the riser, it just takes a bit of wiggling.

I ended up pushing the cheek piece laterally all the way outboard from my face. Now that I have done that, my head falls perfectly in alignment with my scope. Before I added the lateral adjustment, I felt like I was fighting to get my head in the right place much of the time. I guess my head is just too damn big to get behind the cheek piece otherwise. It must be all the sarcasm, hate, and ego in there keeping it inflated.

For roughly $32 including shipping, the lateral adjustment adapter is a real no-brainer. If you have an X-Ray or a W3C, and you just can't QUITE get comfortable on your cheek riser, just buy it already.

Justin, you guys produce some great product for a damn reasonable price.

I'll try to stop being lazy tonight and post photos of the lateral adjustment, as well as the custom Wiebad cheek pad I am running.

I'd be interested in seeing pics of the adjuster and of the Wiebad cover. I just put in a large Wiebad order, but maybe I need to order one more thing! :)

David had to custom make mine, and I had to do some trimming on the Velcro after I added the lateral adjustment plate. I'm going to send photos to him of the cuts I made so he can have them for reference if anyone else wants one made.

If you email Wiebad and tell them what you want, David can hook you up. There may be a small extra charge for custom sewing it for you, and he will need photos of your setup so he can adjust the Velcro straps as needed to fit your riser.

Anyone have pics of the spigot mount with a 20" barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have pics of the spigot mount with a 20" barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can get off my ass tonight and post the pics of the adjustable cheek piece mount, I'll get you a photo of this too. My X-Ray is home to my 20" AAC-SD.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

I did not see if they are still going off the list of "early notification emails," or are they available for direct order from their site currently? I never got an e-mail, and do not want to jump the gun so to speak.

The FDE looks great!

Justin- Is there any way to put a flush cup under the foreend, which is close to flush (so it does not interfere with barricade work when the sling is removed) but so that there is one central sling point (so you don't need to go back and forth between a carrying position and a slung shooting position). Basically, I want a QD right where the stock sling stud is. (I'm using the spigot mount for the bipod mount.)

Right now I have a QD flush plate on the side of the spigot mount, but I want one central position under the rifle to replace it.

Scott

Wooden, thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you've been happy with it so far.

Slowlearner, all the emails have been sent out unless you are a lefty and those are still coming. All the colors are up on the site for order at this time.

Scott W, you can put the QD sling plate on the bottom of the forend, it has the same hole spacing as the L2 rail. You would use the front two holes but you will need to cut a clearance hole midway between them as clearance for the QD mount on the sling. That hole should be over 3/8" a bit, (7/16" should be fine). You may need to change the kind of nut used inside the forend as well to get the clearance needed. Those oval flat nuts are pretty big and may interfere with the part that's on the sling. Let me know if you have questions about anything.

Thanks guys,
Justin

What is the purpose of the little metal plate that is held with two screws on the side of the stock, right at the end?

I believe it is for a flush cup? I dont have my chassis in my possession any longer so I cannot be fore sure. There has been no response to this thread in over a month. All the hype gone?

Hey fellas, we've been transitioning to a new facility so have been a bit busy. The Surgeons generally fit but need a bit more clearance for the bolt handle as it doesn't have the same sweep or bend as the Remington. The rest is good as far as I know. We haven't seen a Surgeon in some time but we hope to have an action fit matrix in the coming months. We have another chassis due out late this year so things have been lively.

The plate with two threaded holes on the buttstock is used for two purposes, it holds the buttstock together but also when you want to mount the Sling Loop/QD mount, it uses that plate nut.

JBM, give us a call or send me a pm if you still have questions.

Thanks guys for your business,
Justin

In case you didn't figure it out yet, you can order direct from them on the website.

I did not see if they are still going off the list of "early notification emails," or are they available for direct order from their site currently? I never got an e-mail, and do not want to jump the gun so to speak.

The FDE looks great!

I believe it is for a flush cup? I dont have my chassis in my possession any longer so I cannot be fore sure. There has been no response to this thread in over a month. All the hype gone?

If he is talking about the circle at the butt stock end, then yes, that's where you can screw in a qd flushcup.

As for the hype, it's like anything, once people can have something they stop talking about it and just use it. I have several of these chassis, KRG customer support is great and they just freaking work. Very good value.

Hey fellas, we've been transitioning to a new facility so have been a bit busy. The Surgeons generally fit but need a bit more clearance for the bolt handle as it doesn't have the same sweep or bend as the Remington. The rest is good as far as I know. We haven't seen a Surgeon in some time but we hope to have an action fit matrix in the coming months. We have another chassis due out late this year so things have been lively.

The plate with two threaded holes on the buttstock is used for two purposes, it holds the buttstock together but also when you want to mount the Sling Loop/QD mount, it uses that plate nut.

JBM, give us a call or send me a pm if you still have questions.

Thanks guys for your business,
Justin

Another chassis? Come on, Justin, you can't tease us like that.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

Thanks for the kind words Verdugo. We sure did put a lot of work into these suckers.

Thank you for your business SHWILL and everyone else who has ordered. So far guys have been happy with them for sure.

As for new stuff, here in 6-8 weeks we'll have more word. The only hint for now is that a normally spurned segment will have a good solid option. Thanks guys,
Justin

As for new stuff, here in 6-8 weeks we'll have more word. The only hint for now is that a normally spurned segment will have a good solid option. Thanks guys,
Justin

Interesting...

Savage or Howa I'm guessing...