• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s New Zealand Military Farewell

Re: New Zealand Military Farewell

Words aren't necessary because a haka like this expresses more where words fail and is woven into the culture down here.

Wow!, thanks for sharing.
What is the significance of the sniper leading the procession? Possibly the soldier being sent off is a sniper as well?

Brothers paying the final tribute to a Comrade and Brother.

Thanks. The comments on that video by Americans is quite disturbing.

Kamate,kamate,
Kiora, kiora...

A proper send off to a warrior, that hit me close, very very cool

Hard to think of a better way to be sent off.

Now to get rid of this lump in my throat.

Like the explanation said: The haka can be used for many different occasions, but rarely is the emotion that precipitated the haka misunderstood. Even though I didn't understand what the words are, the emotion and intent is unmistakeable.

That's real neat to see that, I bet if you were there, you could really feel the emotion in the air.

Very cathartic, no doubt. Touching, thanks for posting.

I am not a soldier but a do understand the bond that they have. Am a firefighter and have lost friends in the LOD. We all have our own unique and individual way to say goodbye to a fallen comrade. This is what draws us together and bonds us. It is a very moving video and thanks for posting. That is the first time I have seen something like that. Thanks to our soldiers that put their lives on the line day in and day out. To the ones that have paid the ultimate price, even a bigger thank you and may you not be forgotten.

28 years in the Army 14 years LEA. Brothers in Arms a proper salute for a fellow warrior. Touched me to the point of tears.

Nothing more to e said

bet you'll never see those fucktards with the signs how "god hates fags" protesting one of those funerals.. those folks chasing em down would make em all shit themselves..