• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Benchrest scopes??? Durable?

Derek Myers

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2005
Pacific Northwest
I'm considering NF scopes for a new tactical build. I see alot of real deal on the NF benchrest models.

How durable are these compared to the bulletproof NXS NF's? Should these be considered Benchrest only.....no tactical shooting...bumps and bruises etc?

Also how do these scopes work at the higher mags? If you have a 25-30x scope is the exit pupil so small its not practical except on a solid bench and is the clarity still very good at high mags?

Derek

Re: Nightforce Benchrest scopes??? Durable?

i think all of the bench rest models are 1/8th moa. versus the nxs having 1/4th

I have both NXS and benchrest models both are equel they both hold up well.

if its going on a "tactical" build, save yourself the trouble and get the NXS

I've never really "used" over 15x on a scope. On the NF scopes..benchrest or otherwise can you

1. see a clear pic at 25-30x? Or is it hazy and unclear?

2. Is the exit pupil so sensative that if you are off of the bench and sandbags is the shadowing so bad its unshootable?

I know the NF reps on tactical scopes..bullet proof etc... I also know the Benchrest models have 1/8 clicks....it just seems like alot of scope for the money....lots of mag from a highend company

Derek

I have had several of these and several 45x45 LCSs.

Yes, the picture is clear. All the way up to 42x

Yes, the exit pupil is insanely sensitive. Its a 42x Bench Rest scope, what do you expect?

Yes, they have 1/8 MOA clicks.

The NF on 42x was WAY better than the LCS at a fixed 45. Plus none of the NF's had canted reticles. Both LCSs did. Last two Leupolds I owned...

Mirage is what kills the use-ability of these scopes. Too much sun and you have to turn the power down.

BUT on the nice cool wind free morning at the range, it is VERY easy to quarter a 1/4 inch target at 100. I like them, but they are BR scopes. Its WAY to much for any other application.