• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Nighthawk Custom Rifles

Bill@Nighthawk

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2011
Today, Nighthawk Custom begins selling our tactical rifles directly to the public at a savings of $500.00 per rifle.You can see below the rifle were donating to the April 7th,2011 Snipers hide cup.My name is Bill from Nighthawk,more importantly you can read about our work and Gunsmith,Michael May in this months Sniper magazine.Thanks

Nighthawk-Tactical-Rifle-002.jpg

Re: Nighthawk Custom Rifles

So does that meen they are now selling for $3750.00?

Website says $4250.00 I believe.

Also what options does that include becuase I see ya'll offer plenty of options.

Here are some more specs:
20 MOA Rail
.243 Caliber
Badger Bottom Metal
Broughton Barrel
Jewell Precision Trigger and Safety
Marine Tex Pillar Bedded

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nighthawk Custom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some more specs:
20 MOA Rail
.243 Caliber
Badger Bottom Metal
Broughton Barrel
Jewell Precision Trigger and Safety
Marine Tex Pillar Bedded</div></div>

Thats pretty sweet deal.

Pic your caliber as loing as it's not something like .338 Lapua or something of that nature?

Does that include your choice of stock between Mcmillan or Manners? Also your choise of barrel lenght?

Color of metal coating and stock camo?

I'm sure some of this can't be standard but just wanting to know.

I'll try and get to all my reply's tomorrow.The base price is 3795.00 and has options to upgrade from there.I can be reached at Nighthawk Custom between 8:00 and 5:00 daily,Monday thru Friday (central time) at(877)268-4867.Semper Fidelis,Bill

No problem. Welcome to the hide. I might be calling about a short-action magnum in the near future<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nighthawk Custom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the help cow-tipper,a big help man!</div></div>

Good to finally see you guys on here. Every time I see one of your rifles in a magazine they look very nice, especially the unique camo patterns you always have on the manners'

Thanks savage stag/SSGT.Where doing some new and exciting things at Nighthawk Custom that will benefit the long range shooting community at large.Thanks for the positive feedback.Thanks also for your service to this great nation.

Hey lefty's rule,I'm a lefty also here at Nighthawk,would We leave you out?Enough said,we can customize yours!Thanks man.For your service especially!

Our rifles are top shelf.Personally observing Michael May,our rifle gunsmith,he pays such attention to every detail that I don't see how a rifle can be built any better.

Sorry K9222 it's taken me this long to get the details you wanted!The 338 Lapua changes the base price from $3795.00 to $4625.00.That upgrade comes with Surgeon action and integral rail.Pick your stock and barrel length no additional charge for that unless you go with the Manners w/adjustable cheek weld($155.00).Standard finish is Perma kote and Camo is an upgrade.If you need more details on the camo I can give them to ya also.

Neo223,check out this months "Sniper" magazine to learn more about our Tactical Rifles.As good as our 1911's are I believe our sticks can hold there own.

That looks great and is a great deal.

Nighthawk shooter, Jeff, ready to compete this week down in Texas with a Nighthawk Custom tactical rifle.
JeffsTeamphoto001-1-1.jpg

Welcome to the hide!

I was wondering what finishes you offer? Everytime i go to the custom finishes on the site it shows custom finish number 3.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fKbbxjgJwKE&feature=player_embedded#at=49"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fKbbxjgJwKE&feature=player_embedded#at=49" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
BTW awesome video on the site.^

Basically custom finish 3 is similar to the B.D.U.s in digital green that our Marines wear.We also can do that in desert digital, desert camo, woodland camo and numerous other camo configurations.Let me know what your looking for,good chance we can do it for you Blackops_2.Thanks for the welcome!

NP man. Will do when the time comes. I have to finish my rifle first. It's shootable right now but i'm looking to add a new trigger, barrel, and BDM. Then it will be time to paint.

Thanks SFC Carpentier jr.! It's our pleasure to be able to help in this arena.Thank you also for the props on our rifle's.I think there as good as one can possibly be made.The gunsmith we have takes so much pride in his work and truly cares about every little detail.Thanks again.

Talk to me fastford at Nighthawk Custom (877)268-4867(ext.236) and ask for Bill. I'll see what I can do for you!

George, presently have your 1911 back from finish and should be putting the new sights on tomorrow ! Thanks again !

That's quite the endorsement, working on one of George Gardner's firearms. Welcome to the Hide.

Yes it is mnshortdraw.Were grateful for any man that declares truth about us at Nighthawk Custom! Thanks to all who have welcomed us so graciously, you included sir.

George your 1911 is finished and looks beautiful. We'll be shipping it today sir ! Thanks again for everything you've done for us.

What loads are those guys running in those .45acp's? seems like the recoil is really low?

Sorry Blackhawk95, can you be more specific on what guys your referring to so I can answer your question as accurately as possible? Thanks.

He's referring to the video up above....Chris and Tavis shooting the Predators.

Having shot with Chris and knowing something about their shooting styles, I'd say it's more a technique issue. These are guys that shoot probably 5000 rounds a month. They know how to control a .45 I'd guess.

Unless I'm wrong and those 1911"s were chambered in 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackhawk95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What loads are those guys running in those .45acp's? seems like the recoil is really low? </div></div>

The bull barrels on the Predators also help manage the recoil more than one would expect. I have 2 of the Talons and 1 Predator, when compared side-by-side the difference is noticeable. Nighthawk 1911's just shoot, fit and finish is excellent and they have always been great to talk with. I wish making a choice on which rifle to buy was as easy for me as which pistol. My life would be a lot simpler.
Sorry if I’m off topic!

Don/$

I see what you mean Blackhawk95 after watching our video again.Thanks for bringing that to my attention Lofty.I'll get you guys the correct answer to that today after I go into the shop this morning and ask some of the people who would truly know.Thanks.

Runamuk,call me at Nighthawk today,or better yet come visit us for a cup of "joe" and some southern hospitality and I'll show you around the place and meet Michael May our rifle maker. His work I believe will convince you to try Nighthawk Custom as your next rifle build.Thanks for jumping in and helping out,appreciate it!Bill at (877)268-4867,ext 236.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackhawk95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What loads are those guys running in those .45acp's? seems like the recoil is really low? </div></div>

The bull barrels on the Predators also help manage the recoil more than one would expect. I have 2 of the Talons and 1 Predator, when compared side-by-side the difference is noticeable. Nighthawk 1911's just shoot, fit and finish is excellent and they have always been great to talk with. I wish making a choice on which rifle to buy was as easy for me as which pistol. My life would be a lot simpler.
Sorry if I’m off topic!

Don/$
</div></div>

They also have that weight at the end of the barrel which help tame recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nighthawk Custom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George your 1911 is finished and looks beautiful. We'll be shipping it today sir ! Thanks again for everything you've done for us. </div></div>

We got a package from nighthawk today, just in time this weekend, I'll break it in for George so he can clean it when he gets back from the cup!

It's cool to see two top names in the game admire each others work and the guys over at GAP welcome another heavy hitter into their arena.

It sure beats the crying and panty twisting name calling that usually happens.

Good on both of ya.

Blackhawk95,in that video Chris Costa is either using his Predator with a bull barrel that does reduce recoil or he is shooting another one of the 3 pistols he has from us in 9MM which would also explain the reduced recoil your seeing.Nice observation on your part,not to mention the guy just plain knows how to handle his weapons far better than the average Joe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's cool to see two top names in the game admire each others work and the guys over at GAP welcome another heavy hitter into their arena.

Good on both of ya.

</div></div>I agree, respect is always cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's cool to see two top names in the game admire each others work and the guys over at GAP welcome another heavy hitter into their arena.

Good on both of ya.

</div></div>I agree, respect is always cool. </div></div>

+100

Knowing Chris and his typical choice of suppressor lately, I'd have to guess Surefire.

Looks like a MB762-211C