• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nikko Stirling Targetmaster and Nikko´s FT reticle

puppezed

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2009
Finland
I´ve for some time used a scope with mildot reticle for range compensation on my .22 lr but IMO the dots aren´t good aiming points and the dots are spread too far apart (1 mil).

What I´m after is a scope which has milradian based reticle with less spread in the mil markers. Also I´d like to have lines instead of dots, and SFP construction. In the lower price category I´ve found manufacturers like Nikko Stirling, Falcon Optics and MTC which have these kind of reticles. The problem is that the quality of the scopes is a bit of mystery and some of these suffer from bad warranty (1 year) and QA. Also their ruggedness is unknown since many of these were designed to be used on an air gun. Higher end scopes having this kind of reticles are Leupold (TMR), Ior and Nightforce, but the price of these will put me in bankruptcy
smile.gif
The price range between these two examples does not offer the reticles I fancy (or I haven´t managed to find any).

Nikko´s FT reticle is pretty which what I´m after, but this reticle is not available in the Japan made Diamond line. Nikko has new scope range called Targetmaster which has this reticle, but I´ve no idea what the quality of the glass and construction is, what kind of warranty it has and where it has been made.
http://www.nikkostirling.com/Content/Targetmaster.htm
http://www.nikkostirling.com/Content/PDF/FTreticle.pdf

Has anyone tried Nikko Stirling Targetmaster scopes or seen any decent reviews?

EDIT: Someone is bound to suggest Wotac scopes sooner or later. I live in Finland and unfortunately Wonder Optics LLC doesn´t export anything outside U.S.

Re: Nikko Stirling Targetmaster and Nikko´s FT reticle

puppezed,

I have a Nikko 10-50 on one of our FT rifles.It is a medium quality scope with decent glass.In the Field Target air rifle world these are the go to scope because of price and features.

I wouldn't hesitate buying one of those Nikko scopes with FT reticle you've listed.

As a matter of fact I'm thinking of trying Hunter FT with one of those scopes.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Nikko 10-50 on one of our FT rifles.It is a medium quality scope with decent glass.In the Field Target air rifle world these are the go to scope because of price and features.</div></div>
Can you tell exact model of the scope? Nikko has 10-50x scopes in at least model ranges (Diamond, Targetmaster and Nighteater). Nighteater is Chinese made scope and its reviews haven´t always been rosy. The top of the line Nikko Diamond 10-50 costs almost twice (about 600 GBP) as much as Targetmaster with same magnification range.

It's a 2cnd gen diamond.I have no experience with any of their other scopes so I can't give advice them.

Steve

I thought these were made in Japan..Almost got one a while back.