• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nikon, Vortex, Leupold... advise?

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey fellas... I just picked up 2 new rifles I need optics for. I am trying to budget on these.

First I got a Ruger 10 22 take down, I am not going to use this for anything but plinking and having fun. I want something that is ok but, do not want to go crazy on glass... I was looking at a Vortex Cross Fire or Diamondback, or a Nikon Prostaff... really trying to stay sub 300 and sub 250 if that is even possible.

Secondly, I have a dedicated .22 AR-15 with Walther Barrel... this thing is very nice and shoots as nice as some of my dedicated BR .22lr's... I honestly picked this up on a very sweet deal but would value the thing as it sits at +$1000 bucks with mags etc... I have no clue what I am going to do with it but, I want some glass on it as well. No clue where to go! I thought about throwing on a Ziess Conquest but who knows...

Anyone have some recommendations on scopes, power, etc...

BTW, I own a Vortex Razor HD, Ziess Conquest, and NF BR, and have had many Leupolds over the years... I am sure the scopes I listed will not come close to stacking up to what I already have mounted but, they do not need to. I just need some quality glass at a nice price!

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bc

Amazon.com: Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope (BDC 150): Sports & Outdoors

$150 SO a good deal!

I have had a few, and they have all been excellent.

Loaded with features and excellent glass for the $.... also like the "Custom Holdover" you can set with the Nikon Spot on programme.

Great eye relief and 50yd parallax ...if you want to go up in power then the Buckmaster adjusts down to 50 yds.

Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Riflescope (SF Matte, Mildot) : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

Hope that helps!

For the 10/22, the burris fullfield II 2-7x35 would be a nice piece. Great class quality for the price. My favorite scope in the sub $200 range

Burris Rifle Scopes

The 22 ar is interesting. If you are wanting to do a conquest, now is the time to pick one up. Most dealers have really good pricing since the line has been discontinued and replaced with the HD5 and the Terra.

Zeiss Rifle Scopes

I really like the SWFA SS 6x for long range 22. It's got 10 mils of hold over in the reticle and ~35 mils of adjustment. It will focus down to 10m, and has as much field of view as a lot of other 4x scopes. Dead-nuts tracking and it mil/mil. Best deal for $300 for a long-range 22, IMO.

Good stuff on this... I will have to make some calls on the Conquest. Ill also take a look through all you guys recommended and see what looks best to my eye! Thanks and looking forward to more replies!