• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Non Sako TRG-42 bipod

Re: Non Sako TRG-42 bipod

Get a good old Harris bipod with swivel and knotched legs.
The front sling eye on the rifle is pretty big, I glued a strip of 1/8" leather to the contact points of the bipod to allow it to tighten down.
SScott

Midway sells a Harris adapter for the TRG (European rail, sling stud?, $10.00).

I suppose it might be possible to use the existing TRG sling attachment, but you would most likely have to screw around with it.

I have Atlas version 8 bipod I got from Kasey at Accushot. He sells an adapter that goes in the rail under the stock, part # BT-28. With that adapter I should be able to use my bipod which has the American Defense QR built in. Waiting on adapter hopefully get it today.

Yes BT28 AFAR Kit from Kasey works well with the Atlas on my TRG42 in .338. Received mine on Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes BT28 AFAR Kit from Kasey works well with the Atlas on my TRG42 in .338. Received mine on Monday</div></div>

Mine came in the mail today.

To install do you remove the hex head fastener and the small nut. It looks to be pretty close quarters to get to the small nut. Any advice?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Edited</span>
Disregard post I figured it out.