• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Orders

Did anyone else buy the barrel nut version barloc? On my order, its out of stock - just wondering if anyone had theirs ship with the action or if that barloc hasnt begun production yet. Doesnt matter much to me as I have a class in a few weeks and was planning on running the regular barrel nut first anyway to get going.

I ordered the barrel nut version and I believe it shipped with my order, I was told the only thing they did not have was the magnum bolt head.

Bummer about the expedited shipping. LOL, patience little grasshopper.

Its funny, i was anxious when the April deadline approached, but once that sailed, i was fine with the unknown date. Now that i have another date in mind, im all anxious again.

Reactions: hereinaz
I ordered a shoulder Barloc and a Savage Barloc. They are both shipping with my first action and should be here Monday. I already have a standard, non Nucleus Barloc, they are very well done.

Action wrenches are machined and are out for heat treat and coating, probably out a couple weeks.

We will be running all other bolt faces, rights and lefts next week. I would estimating 3 weeks out for all of them.

All the left handed receivers are made just need the make the bolt faces, extractors and bolts for them. We want to take care of our lefties out there. They always seem to be at the end of the line, not this time!

Cheers
Thank you for taking care of us lefties!

Order #248x, just received invoice for right hand Nucleus with .308 bolt face. My chassis and barrel should both arrive ready to go this coming week, so it's all coming together at once it seems.

Reactions: 6.5creedmoor
:(

I got all excited last week when I received the invoice for the balance of payment on my Nucleus (right, long), and paid it pretty much right away. Had my FFL send in his info pretty much right away as well... and that was the last either of us (my FFL or I) heard about it. So I called ARC today and was informed that there was a goof; that they're only making/sending short actions right now, and it'll likely be a couple of months before I see my long action.

It's not a big deal (since I'm not ready to complete the build, anyhow), but I just got all excited after seeing the invoice. Oh, well. I s'pose that the reason I'm bothering to post at all is to let the folks who are waiting on long actions know that it looks like it'll be a bit.

:(

I got all excited last week when I received the invoice for the balance of payment on my Nucleus (right, long), and paid it pretty much right away. Had my FFL send in his info pretty much right away as well... and that was the last either of us (my FFL or I) heard about it. So I called ARC today and was informed that there was a goof; that they're only making/sending short actions right now, and it'll likely be a couple of months before I see my long action.

It's not a big deal (since I'm not ready to complete the build, anyhow), but I just got all excited after seeing the invoice. Oh, well. I s'pose that the reason I'm bothering to post at all is to let the folks who are waiting on long actions know that it looks like it'll be a bit.

I’m kind of in the same boat as far as a delay, but it was 100% on me. I got my invoice and asked if I could switch to a magnum bolt face. They said yes but it would be a month or two delay. They confirmed today, they are working on other bolt faces soon and should ship out in the next month or so. I still don’t have my barrel or an action wrench, so I’m in no rush.

Kudos to ARC. While it took them a while to get their feet underneath them, they appear to really be cranking them out now that they've got the kinks worked out. I'm looking forwards to seeing the pictures and first impressions this weekend from the first people to receive them.

Just got an email reply that my lefty short action won't be shipping for at least 6 weeks. Order 241x. Paid the invoice. Lefties, we got to wait a little but it's going to be well worth it in the end!
As we discussed the other day and it will be “well worth the wait.” I have everything sitting here. PVA 6.5 Creed Barrel, Jewel trigger, KRG stock, ARC 35 mm rings, Vortex Razor 5-20, Surge Razor Supressor paid and waiting for approval.

Final invoice paid/received for a right hand short action, standard bolt face. Original order #256x

Final invoice paid/received for a right hand short action, standard bolt face. Original order #256x
The anticipation is killing me, my order number is #256 as well, standard short action 308 bolt face. Hopefully my email is around the corner.

Has anyone placed an order yet for an action wrench for the nucleus? I just placed my order today...

That is a good price on the wrench. I don't think I will be buying one since I will be running the barloc and that should handle all the torquing the barrel needs. Unless I misunderstood something.

That is a good price on the wrench. I don't think I will be buying one since I will be running the barloc and that should handle all the torquing the barrel needs. Unless I misunderstood something.
I think you need the action wrench if you’re running a shouldered Barrel, if your running a Savage prefit style then you don’t need as I understand but I could be mistaken. The Barloc for Savage Prefit type comes with a barrel nut.

I ordered the Nucleus Barlok with my action, but don't think I'll be using it. I ordered a shouldered 6 creed barrel from Josh at PVA.. I'm sure ARC done a great job on the action wrench, price is good too.

You may very well be correct. I see in Ted's video in which I do not see the barrel nut version, it shows him hand tightening the action to the vised barrel piece, then he torques the Barloc cross bolt. Once that is complete, he grabs the torque wrench and attempt to loosens the action. That is what I am using as a basis for my action.

In my view, that is what made the $50 Barloc the deal of the century. You get a quick change barrel device (in a way) and you eliminated the need for an action wrench. If you are running Savage Prefits Barloc...you got a barrel nut as well. Seriously...I should have bought more. Hindsight is a booger. The $75+ shipping from not having to buy the wrench that I saved can go towards a Tax Stamp or another barrel.

As we’re chatting here Fedex just wrangl the bell and I have my PVA 6.5 Creed Barrel in hand. Very nice. Will Ben packing it back up and off to the local shop for fluting. Thanks Josh @PVA

View attachment 6917485

Very nice, still waiting to hear from PVA mine has been shipped... I guess they will send me a shipping notification

Has anyone placed an order yet for an action wrench for the nucleus? I just placed my order today...

Thanks, I was waiting for this. I just ordered mine after seeing your post. My action and barrel are both arriving next week so that wrench will be the last puzzle piece.

Thanks, I was waiting for this. I just ordered mine after seeing your post. My action and barrel are both arriving next week so that wrench will be the last puzzle piece.

Who is your barrel coming from and is it a shouldered nucleus barrel? Thanks..

To clear things up for me, if I have the savage pre fit barloc I don’t need an action wrench or I still do? Sorry I know this has been discussed but for some reason I’m still not processing it.

To clear things up for me, if I have the savage pre fit barloc I don’t need an action wrench or I still do? Sorry I know this has been discussed but for some reason I’m still not processing it.
I don't see why you would need it. If you have a barrel vise, then you can just hand tighten everything up then torque the barloc cross bolt. Nothing that would require you to insert an action wrench for heavy torque work.

Reactions: Mossyoak44
I don't see why you would need it. If you have a barrel vise, then you can just hand tighten everything up then torque the barloc cross bolt. Nothing that would require you to insert and action wrench for heavy torque work.
Thank you that’s what I was thinking but just needed confirmation.

If you have a traditional shouldered or savage nut set up you would need a wrench and barrel vice. The barloc replaces that need.

Reactions: jgs8163
Well this is what one looks like.

Attachments

• IMG951830.jpg
    IMG951830.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG951831.jpg
    IMG951831.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG951832.jpg
    IMG951832.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 276