• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Orders

Not sure if this is an action question or Barloc question forum wise but here goes. Arc sells 3 different versions of the Barloc from what I can see. Is the recoil lug (on the Nucleus) different depending on whether you want to use the Barloc?

The Nucleus Barloc has a tab on top that interfaces with the scope rail, acting as a recoil lug for the rail and to index the recoil lug.

The Nucleus Barloc has a tab on top that interfaces with the scope rail, acting as a recoil lug for the rail and to index the recoil lug.
It looks like there’s two recoil lugs though. If you look at just the action, it looks flat, but if you look at the barloc for the nucleus, it has that conical shape on the recoil lug.

Yes, it seems there is three different Barlocs. "Standard" Barloc, shouldered Barloc, and the Barloc for the Nucleus. The Barloc for Nucleus looks like it integrates the conical ring closest to the action into the shape of the recoil lug, making them one solid piece instead of a recoil lug and a conical ring where the extra parts were unnecessary.

Ordered on the 18th, order #248x and no email yet. I figure I'll probably be in the start/middle of the second batch since the first batch includes at least from #233x to order #242x.

That's a spread of almost 100 orders, so it would appear the batch size for the action is pretty respectable (even if only half those orders had a Nucleus in them it's still definitely not bad).

Ordered on the 18th, order #248x and no email yet. I figure I'll probably be in the start/middle of the second batch since the first batch includes at least from #233x to order #242x.

That's a spread of almost 100 orders, so it would appear the batch size for the action is pretty respectable (even if only half those orders had a Nucleus in them it's still definitely not bad).

Everyone would like to know how you got yoir info on the batch sizes....

It looks like there’s two recoil lugs though. If you look at just the action, it looks flat, but if you look at the barloc for the nucleus, it has that conical shape on the recoil lug.

Yes. Two lugs for Nucleus. The normal recoil lugs are flat with the nub for the scope rail.

Nucleus Barloc lugs use that conical ring for loading the threads when the screw is tightened. Also, with the nub for scope rail.

Did some emailing with ARC, since I didn't ever get an order number.
I ordered over the phone, and apparently only online orders get order numbers. Regardless, according to the email I received this afternoon, "I looked up the dates and we should be shipping yours in about 1 month."
So all you soothsayers should add (N+1) people who ordered over the phone to your calculations.

I ordered over the phone on Jan 19 at about 5:30pm central time.

Also, for those interested, I added a Barloc a few days after I ordered the Nucleus, and I was curious when the Barloc would ship. Answer: "Your barloc will ship at the same time."

Did some emailing with ARC, since I didn't ever get an order number.
I ordered over the phone, and apparently only online orders get order numbers. Regardless, according to the email I received this afternoon, "I looked up the dates and we should be shipping yours in about 1 month."
So all you soothsayers should add (N+1) people who ordered over the phone to your calculations.

I ordered over the phone on Jan 19 at about 5:30pm central time.

Also, for those interested, I added a Barloc a few days after I ordered the Nucleus, and I was curious when the Barloc would ship. Answer: "Your barloc will ship at the same time."

Well that will throw another variable in for all these mathematicians lol

Those order numbers mean nothing.. I'm 241x and haven't heard anything..
That's correct, and neither has the person who called ARC and got information saying he was in the first batch (order #242x, earlier in this same thread). That person is still waiting on their invoice, but they received confirmation that they are in the first batch.

If you ordered a short action with a .308 bolt face, you will be in the first batch since they have stated they are doing first come first serve by order number (assuming you ordered a .308 bf short action, which is what's shipping out now) and you are before someone who is known to be in the first batch. You will receive your email to pay soon if the information from the previous poster is correct.

Everyone would like to know how you got yoir info on the batch sizes....
If you read my post, you would have seen exactly how I got my information. We know the batch size is large enough to spread from orders #233x (first known order to receive an invoice) to at least #242x (last order number where someone called and got confirmation that they're in the first batch).

Therefore you can use simple subtraction to see that there are batches of up to 90 actions, though a number of the orders in between those two numbers likely did not contain an action at all. As I said in my first post, which you clearly did not read, even if only half of those orders had Nucleus actions it would be a respectable batch size.

I made no claims about what the actual size was other than that it seemed respectable since it was large enough to span nearly 100 orders in the first batch. This is all supported by what has been posted here from sources of people who have either received invoices already or who have contacted ARC directly and posted here.

Just to stir the pot a little, who wants to guess whether this is my nucleus or the new rings that I ordered?

Screenshot_20180619-100813.png

Reactions: Bradu
My guess is that it's your rings. Disappointed? :cool:

I sure am! I ordered another set of M10 rings on June 2nd, ARC shipped them by USPS on the 4th,they arrived in Ft.Worth on the 6th only to be shipped back to Seattle WA. on June 7th. They were then shipped back to Ft.Worth and then back to Seattle again.
It's been 17 days since I ordered a set of rings,and I still haven't received them.

I'm beginning to think I'll have my Nucleus action before I get my damn scope rings!

Here is a real update from us at ARC. We will be shipping actions very soon, hopefully by the end of the week. We had a small delay that cost us about a week on delivery. We were assembling some of the first actions and Ted noticed something that he did not like. Most people would not have even noticed it, but we cant let something leave ARC unless it is without a doubt the best we can do. We know everyone is very anxious to get their action but know that it wont be long now. I am not going to get into batch sizes and production number specifics but don't think that we are just running a few actions at a time. We have invested a ton of money on some of the best equipment out there and we can make actions in a hurry, but it takes time to get the logistics right. We are very close.

One other note we are making Nucleus action wrenches now and they should be on the website very soon.

Cheers

Here is a real update from us at ARC. We will be shipping actions very soon, hopefully by the end of the week. We had a small delay that cost us about a week on delivery. We were assembling some of the first actions and Ted noticed something that he did not like. Most people would not have even noticed it, but we cant let something leave ARC unless it is without a doubt the best we can do. We know everyone is very anxious to get their action but know that it wont be long now. I am not going to get into batch sizes and production number specifics but don't think that we are just running a few actions at a time. We have invested a ton of money on some of the best equipment out there and we can make actions in a hurry, but it takes time to get the logistics right. We are very close.

One other note we are making Nucleus action wrenches now and they should be on the website very soon.

Cheers

The only real update on this entire thread.

Cheers

Thank you very much for the update, look forward to receiving my Nucleus and action wrench when available...

Just got the invoice, Web Order 239x (RH, .475 bolt, 20 MOA base). Good things come to those who wait. Now, the question is whether to go shouldered or threaded for my Barlock.

Last edited:
Got my invoice email today also, order number was 238x. Just need a trigger and I have all I need to go shoot

Nucleus order low in the 24xx range; long, right, .475 bolt face... just got/paid invoice. If I had to guess, I'd say that I'll likely see the action early-mid next week.

Just another data point for those who are interested.

Reactions: character0
Invoice #1789 order #2421. Left hand, .475 bolt, 30 minute base. Request for payment email received. First lefty I have heard of.

Not trying to insinuate anything regarding order numbers. Just providing the info.

for those playing at home, invoice 245X just got paid (order placed jan 17)

To answer the Bar-loc drama from a month ago, it looks like the resolution is Ted is going to let us pick which we need - sometimes the best solutions are the most simple haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Sierra770
I got my invoice today like many others.

The timing is right on. My barrel just shipped yesterday.

But I'm held up because no one has Creedmoor headspace gauges in stock.

I got my invoice today like many others.

The timing is right on. My barrel just shipped yesterday.

But I'm held up because no one has Creedmoor headspace gauges in stock.
Do you mind sharing your order number, or is it already covered by the span we've seen so far (up to order # 245x)?

So not to stir the pot with the whole barloc thing again but is there a downside to the shouldered barloc version if we are choosing which to go with? I guess I can only think of you can't simply go with a savage prefit, right? Is there something else why one wouldn't go with a shouldered? I apologize, I thought the nucleus Barloc would be a shouldered style per what I recall @bohem saying a while back and am not prepared to make a decision now that we get the choice, haha. I am order 2490 from Jan 18th so we are getting closer to punching my ticket.

I ordered a LA the day after it was announced and a SA right before SHOT.... got the invoice for the SA today... I'm guessing the LA aren't ready...

Does anyone know if you ordered a barloc when they did the special pricing for Nucleus orders if it’s going to ship with the action?

Does anyone know if you ordered a barloc when they did the special pricing for Nucleus orders if it’s going to ship with the action?

Looks that way. It's listed on the invoice I settled earlier today. I forgot to add a choice between shouldered/threaded barloc. I assumed they would be threaded by default, and that's what the invoice appears to indicate.

Was informed the two I ordered will ship with my first action. My second action is a long action, so it is not even on the immediate horizon. I think you'll get your barloc with your action.

You should give them a call, and talk with Justin. He can help with what barloc you are getting.

Was informed the two I ordered will ship with my first action. My second action is a long action, so it is not even on the immediate horizon. I think you'll get your barloc with your action.

You should give them a call, and talk with Justin. He can help with what barloc you are getting.

Thank you for sharing your information. I was thinking about giving them a call but thought I’d ask here first

Do you mind sharing your order number, or is it already covered by the span we've seen so far (up to order # 245x)?
I didn't mention my order number 240x because by the time I posted others had numbers higher than mine.

I'm sure I'll be delayed because I forgot to include my FFL's info.