• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Orders

As an update to the previous question about AI-AW magazines, they're a definite no go. They seem like they might work and they do ok for a round or two sometimes, but inevitably they bind up pretty badly. The ARC mags worked great in it, used a borrowed one all day (had an issue with a prototype mag spacer kit) and I didn't notice it not CRF at all. The feed lips on that mag were shorter than my Accurate Mag.

I'm in the high 2,800's. Has anyone tried contacting ARC to ask for estimates?

This was posted by Jon from ARC last Friday! Page 18 of the thread.

“Update from ARC...
We are now shipping actions, longs and shorts in all bolt face sizes. Lefts are still a week out we had an unexpected delay with them but they are very close. keep an eye on your email, invoices are coming.

Cheers”

got my origin notification yesterday and my nucleus notification today. ARC order 2772 2x SA .473 RH, bunch of barlocs and bolt heads as well.

Got my long action. I ordered early on the first day. It's sweet as my short action. The first thing I notice different is the bolt stop isn't stupid hard to turn like my short action. Any other questions a guy might have?

Can't upload pics from my phone to Sniper's Hide, but here are links to my FB and Instagram biz accounts I posted pictures to. I wonder who got the first action off the line... I know who got the second.

Anyone know how to fix Chrome and phone when it says there isn't enough memory to load pictures? I deleted apps, pics, etc. It just started. Ugggh.

Whatcha going to build?

I'm still about 360 order numbers away from my short and long action nuclei, glad to see they are wading through the orders. I wonder what the order numbers for the end of this batch are? I ordered on Jan 31.

Reactions: grizzaws
I was looking for the post where I said hopefully I'll get my action in July but probably August. I haven't found it but what I have got is an invoice dated 8-30...

Reactions: Afkirby
Whatcha going to build?

Gonna put my 7 rem mag Proof CF on it, hang a Huber two stage trigger, drop it in a stock to be determined, and top it with my NXS. Will be my LR hunting rifle. So stoked. The barrel shoots half MOA in a Savage action now. From experience with the short action set up, the new action and trigger should shrink the groups even more.

I picked my nucleus up today. It seems as if ARC fixed what my buddy liked to call the "Pussy Finger" problem with the bolt release. His nucleus was an early delivery, and I couldn’t rotate his for the life of me. I have no problem what so ever rotating the bolt release on my action. It is so much better. I just dropped it into my bravo and it feels amazing. It’s my first custom action, but I really really like it. I love the Bravo chassis. The ergos on it are amazing for the price point. And the grip tape I put on it makes a big difference in texture. Well done ARC and KRG.

9BC33A6B-C22A-41BA-A8CF-4724CD3E2579.jpeg

F2945B09-0EA5-4DA3-9AE4-2D795F861208.jpeg

Now I’m just waiting on my barrel and I’ll be ready to rock. Once the barrel comes in, I’ll throw the Burris XTRii and Vortex rings on top of it and see how it shoots. I really think it’s coming along very well. I’m crazy excited now and can’t wait to finish her up.

I picked my nucleus up today. It seems as if ARC fixed what my buddy liked to call the "Pussy Finger" problem with the bolt release. His nucleus was an early delivery, and I couldn’t rotate his for the life of me. I have no problem what so ever rotating the bolt release on my action. It is so much better. I just dropped it into my bravo and it feels amazing. It’s my first custom action, but I really really like it. I love the Bravo chassis. The ergos on it are amazing for the price point. And the grip tape I put on it makes a big difference in texture. Well done ARC and KRG.

View attachment 6938626
View attachment 6938627

Now I’m just waiting on my barrel and I’ll be ready to rock. Once the barrel comes in, I’ll throw the Burris XTRii and Vortex rings on top of it and see how it shoots. I really think it’s coming along very well. I’m crazy excited now and can’t wait to finish her up.

What grip tape is that? Did you put the grip tape on the cheek piece too?

Reactions: b6graham
Gonna put my 7 rem mag Proof CF on it, hang a Huber two stage trigger, drop it in a stock to be determined, and top it with my NXS. Will be my LR hunting rifle. So stoked. The barrel shoots half MOA in a Savage action now. From experience with the short action set up, the new action and trigger should shrink the groups even more.

I noticed that bolt stop to be easier to turn on my LA than on SA as well. Also putting a Proof carbon 7mm Rem Mag & Barloc on it. Stock/glass TBD.

Reactions: hereinaz
Nice. I’m putting a Jewell Hunter/Varmint trigger in mine. I may be taking you up on your offer that you and I discussed a while back. My LH Action should ship on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reactions: hereinaz
Now I’m just hoping my PVA Barrel I ordered in March gets here soon, I can’t complain because I got a good deal on it.

Wow. I had hope he was about caught up. I'll probably be lucky to my barrel by Christmas.

Yeah, I put mine on order in late May and was hoping to see it in the next few weeks, per their quotes.

I noticed that bolt stop to be easier to turn on my LA than on SA as well. Also putting a Proof carbon 7mm Rem Mag & Barloc on it. Stock/glass TBD.
What’s the difference with barrels if you’re using the Barloc? Pva asks if you’re using it when putting an order together. I’d like to get another proof barrel however. Would any shouldered or savage pre fit using the nut work as long as the threads were right?

On a shoulder Barloc barrel, the shoulder is in a different place. On a barrel nut Barloc barrel I think it is essentially Savage small shank pre-fit but the threads might be longer possibly.

On a shoulder Barloc barrel, the shoulder is in a different place. On a barrel nut Barloc barrel I think it is essentially Savage small shank pre-fit but the threads might be longer possibly.
Makes sense. Regarding the nut if going savage pre fit, would any savage nut work ? I don’t see any on arc’s site except for the Barloc setup which isn’t a flat surface.

Wow. I had hope he was about caught up. I'll probably be lucky to my barrel by Christmas.

I got ahold of them, it’s almost finished he just has to write a lathe program to cut the shoulder for my Allen Engineering suppressor.

The standard Nucleus recoil lug is flat which would work with a standard (John Hancock) shouldered barrel or a Savage pre-fit style barrel with the Savage barrel nut of your choice.

I don't think ARC will be making a standard type barrel nut for it.

Makes sense. Regarding the nut if going savage pre fit, would any savage nut work ? I don’t see any on arc’s site except for the Barloc setup which isn’t a flat surface.
Yes any Savage barrel nut will work. You usually order that with your barrel and not a Action. Only reason to get the Barloc is if you plan on switching barrels often.

Yes any Savage barrel nut will work. You usually order that with your barrel and not a Action. Only reason to get the Barloc is if you plan on switching barrels often.
The Barloc does make barrel installation way easier than with a normal savage barrel nut. And you don't need a barrel vice, action wrench, or barrel nut wench.

Has anyone figured out what to use for a Nucleus bore guide for cleaning?

I'm looking for something .30 cal with a chamber o-ring and solvent port that will work for .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Hopefully it fits snug and works as well as my AR bore guides, Possum Hollow level quality or better.

Has anyone figured out what to use for a Nucleus bore guide for cleaning?

I'm looking for something .30 cal with a chamber o-ring and solvent port that will work for .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Hopefully it fits snug and works as well as my AR bore guides, Possum Hollow level quality or better.

Im still on the search for this as well, I'd asked previously. Think im going to give ARC a call and see what they reccomend. I use possum hollow guides for all my other rifles so I'd be nice to stick with them. Ive been very happy with there quality.

Not sure if it's a perfect fit but my standard Rem 700 Possum Hollow guide works fine.

I'm assuming it's a Possum Hollow #5. Any idea if it will work for .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor?

Was just pulling up my account to see if i had a tracking number assigned yet and noticed that I had shipping charged on my initial order and then had shipping on the final invoice as well. Is anyone else seeing this?

oh derp. yeah. since the two initial charges (also ordered barloks and another bolthead after actions) were credits on the final invoice there was really just one shipping charge.

I was looking up bore guides and lots of people say Lucas is the best but some times hard to get a hold of.

I sent him an email at: [email protected] and he got right back to me.

If anyone wants to go that way, now is probably a good time to email him.

I already contacted them about this, if you ordered a barloc some shipping was applied to the preorder. The balance on the $35 shipping is charged with the final invoice.

Was just pulling up my account to see if i had a tracking number assigned yet and noticed that I had shipping charged on my initial order and then had shipping on the final invoice as well. Is anyone else seeing this?