• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Finally got my 223 barrel back from my Smith and took it out for the day .
Such an awesome Calibre for the SRS virtually no recoil , can't wait to develop some loads for it .

big thanks to SAC for the parts ,
Had the barrel made locally in Aus .
24" Lothar stainless fluted 1:8 throated long for 80's .
0.89" at the muzzle slightly heavier than the factory profile . Showing heaps of promise already

20200217_141417.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20200215-WA0019.jpeg
    IMG-20200215-WA0019.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-20200211-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20200211-WA0022.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 82
M77
What powder and charge are you running with which bullet?

Those with the 6.5 CM barrel, have you found most factory offerings shot well?

Fantastic. I reload for everything else, will be nice to just shoot factory ammo and enjoy it more.

Finally got my 223 barrel back from my Smith and took it out for the day .
Such an awesome Calibre for the SRS virtually no recoil , can't wait to develop some loads for it .

big thanks to SAC for the parts ,
Had the barrel made locally in Aus .
24" Lothar stainless fluted 1:8 throated long for 80's .
0.89" at the muzzle slightly heavier than the factory profile . Showing heaps of promise already

View attachment 7252657
Looks fun! What is the height of your scope mount and does your scope have a 56mm objective? I want to get my scope down low like that.

Reactions: M77
Looks fun! What is the height of your scope mount and does your scope have a 56mm objective? I want to get my scope down low like that.

It's a spuhr 4802 - 1.44" I believe .
44 moa /13mil

You can kiss running a front cap goodbye though. Kind wish I had 1.5"

It's a spuhr 4802 - 1.44" I believe .
44 moa /13mil

You can kiss running a front cap goodbye though. Kind wish I had 1.5"
SP-4802

13 MIL/44,4 MOA
Height: 38 mm/1.5”
Length: 121 mm/4.76”
Weight: 254 g/9.0 oz

I have the same mount for my TT525P and I noticed I have the cheekpiece at the lowest setting and sometimes still press my face against it.

SP-4802

13 MIL/44,4 MOA
Height: 38 mm/1.5”
Length: 121 mm/4.76”
Weight: 254 g/9.0 oz

I have the same mount for my TT525P and I noticed I have the cheekpiece at the lowest setting and sometimes still press my face against it.
Not sure wtf I was thinking it's been 5 years since I bought it and looked at the specs again

Not sure wtf I was thinking it's been 5 years since I bought it and looked at the specs again
Apparantly it's been good enough to last 5 years ;) ?

I checked and with my TT525P in their integrated Tenebraex cap system the caps fit but there is minimal clearance between the rail and cap. Just enough to float over it though.
If you need the older Tenebraex system it might be a tough fit.

Has anyone ran a nightforce 1.375 high, 30mm, 20moa uni-mount on an A2 chassis?

Yes, ran the 1.375" 30mm NF unimount for a short while with a March 3-24x. The mount was fine; I thought it might be too low but it wasn't.

Yes, ran the 1.375" 30mm NF unimount for a short while with a March 3-24x. The mount was fine; I thought it might be too low but it wasn't.
That's good news. With the march is that a 52mm objective? How much clearance roughly would you say there is between the forearm and the objective? 3/16" maybe 1/4"

I like a pretty high comb for my cheek weld compared to most people so I am trying to stay fairly low

deersniper how does the VUDU stack up compared to a Steiner?

I want to try to run 75gr eld match bullets in my 223 conversion with an 18" barrel. I was looking at varget or h4895. I think with the long range chamber there should be enough case capacity to run varget without being to compressed but I was wondering if h4895 would do better in the shorter barrel since it has a faster burn rate? I have never loaded for a 223 so any thoughts would be great.

I also want to run a bulk factory ammo for plinking. Has anyone found a brand that's work well for them. Up here the cheapest stuff is the 55gr and 62gr barnaul fmjbt. Since I will have a 6.5 twist I think I would lean towards the 62gr. I don't know if barnaul is in the USA

Reactions: 65x55guy
ggmanning I am running 24.5 target with a Berger 80.5 and getting 2850 with a 1/4 " groups when I do my part. Oh by the way it is one of the funniest shooting guns I have ever owned. Hope you have as much fun as I.

Getting ready to jump into a DT SRS A2 covert-

My main question is, should I start with a factory barrel, or with a setup from someone like SAC or ES Tactical? Any advantages to either?

I plan on beginning with a 6.5 CM, followed by a 223 in the future.

Fqctory barrels are fine, but you can get exactly what fits your needs through several vetted smiths. I have a some of both.

My main question is, should I start with a factory barrel, or with a setup from someone like SAC or ES Tactical? Any advantages to either?

I would go with whichever is the more economical option. Most here have had great experiences with both factory and SAC/ES barrels. 6 one way....

I

I have one factory barrel, two SAC barrels, two ES Tactical barrels and one from TS Customs.

They all shoot well, but I would have to say that the SAC barrels are my best. Noticeably more accurate, easier to load for and more consistent. Maybe it's because SAC uses Bartlein blanks. Or maybe his machine work is just a bit more precise. And then again, it could just be coincidence.

I have barrels from PVA, SAC, DT factory, TS and a ES tac one arriving any day. Cant complain about any of them.

Anyone had luck with Proof Research? Those carbon fiber barrels have me intrigued.

My DT SRS A1 trigger won't reset....

I have a request in online with DT but thought someone here may have an idea. I conducted a barrel swap, factory .308 barrel, and reinstalled everything. Ops checked the rifle/trigger twice with no issues. On the third go I was unable to get the trigger to trip the sear and the safety won't move.

Any ideas?

That was my next move but wanted to check here for a potential solution prior to that. I'm not getting any movement in the trigger when the sear resets nor will the safety engage so I'll pull the skins and see what's up. Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone think a Spuhr mount is too large for this platform? Aesthetics wise.

I too am interested in feedback on proof barrels in the srs's
I have two. One is a 300 prc done by SAC. The other is a 6.5 creed by ES tactical.

The 300 PRC shoots factory ammo (225 ELDM and 213 ELDX) at half moa, or at least that’s as well as I can shoot it. I haven’t shot the creed yet. Just got it. Will report when I do.

Hope that helps.