• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Falcon IS CRAP thread. YET AGAIN!

Re: Official Falcon IS CRAP thread.

I own 3 5-20 falcons with the H37. no issues at all. Once again I never dial. The tracking can be inconsistent, and the parallax leaves a little to be desired. but still a solid scope.

Anyone having issues with the turret knobs climbing as you try and secure the set screws?

I notice my elevation knob had slid down far enough I couldn't see my index post so I decided to back the set screws out a bit and raise the cap. Well everytime I try and tighten the set screws my knob just keeps climbing off.

I cross tighten them maybe 1/4 turn at a time and never fails when I get to that last screw it climbs right off.

The only way I was able to secure it was setting the knob really low, covering the index post again.

Anyone else have this problem or am I just becoming to impatient?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My rule of thumb still applies! Avoid all scopes named after birds of prey and you will do alright
grin.gif
</div></div>

Ha funny me too, and I used to include never buying any gun item/accessory that had the word "sniper" in the name, but had to give that rule up when SWFA gave such a good optic such a terrible name. . . .

I use a falcon 4-14 with the updated turrets and EMD recticle and I have had no problems with it.

Not the best in low light situations but for the price I am happy with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone having issues with the turret knobs climbing as you try and secure the set screws?

I notice my elevation knob had slid down far enough I couldn't see my index post so I decided to back the set screws out a bit and raise the cap. Well everytime I try and tighten the set screws my knob just keeps climbing off.

I cross tighten them maybe 1/4 turn at a time and never fails when I get to that last screw it climbs right off.

The only way I was able to secure it was setting the knob really low, covering the index post again.

Anyone else have this problem or am I just becoming to impatient? </div></div>

Are you running an angled base? If you are, covering the index marks is to be expected. That is why I removed the angled base on mine, the scope has
sufficient travel to get you way out there without an angled base.
Of course you can't raise the knob and tighten the screws. The post is milled at the point where the screws are to be tightened, it keeps the turrets from coming off. You should press DOWN on the turret caps and hold it down as you tighten the screws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone having issues with the turret knobs climbing as you try and secure the set screws?

Anyone else have this problem or am I just becoming to impatient? </div></div>

Are you running an angled base? If you are, covering the index marks is to be expected. That is why I removed the angled base on mine, the scope has
sufficient travel to get you way out there without an angled base.
Of course you can't raise the knob and tighten the screws. The post is milled at the point where the screws are to be tightened, it keeps the turrets from coming off. You should press DOWN on the turret caps and hold it down as you tighten the screws.
</div></div>

Well there you have it! Now don't I feel stupid..... Thanks for clearing that up for me fdkay, much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.J. McQuade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own 3 5-20 falcons with the H37. no issues at all. Once again I never dial. The tracking can be inconsistent, and the parallax leaves a little to be desired. but still a solid scope. </div></div>

JJ if your talking about owning this Falcon scope
http://horusvision.com/falcon.php
then your talking about a diffferent Falcon scope altogather..These guys are talking about a cheap chinese scope by a scope company called Falcon..

An almost Falcon owner checking in. The first Falcon Menace 5-25x50 I received had long glob of something or other inside the tube that created a small shadowed silhouette near the 4 o'clock edge of the eyepiece. Returned for exchange and I ate return shipping. Awaiting its replacement this week.

A glance at the interior of the scope I received showed some careless build quality, but the glass, turrets and all were pretty decent, considering the price and features. The feature set (including mil/mil) and top magnification is a step up from the Millet TRS-1 I presently use, which worked really well for a bargain scope for me for a couple of years.

Sure, I'd love something better, but my budget limits me to something useable at this point because I compete more in pistol and 3-gun and tactical carbine. My 700 is for fun and an occasional mid-range FTR outing. Hoping the replacement Falcon will fit that bill.