• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One More rifle lost by USPS

open a theft claim with the Postal Inspectors ( through their website), that usually speed up the process on the usps side..
In the past I had fedex messed up the delivery of one of my rifle.

Gents,

Just be glad you don't live in the Philippies (world's MMOST corrupt country by their own admission) where ALL postal packages get ripped off regularly. No Filipino EVER sends anything but postcards via Phil Postal Service.

Damn stupidity on the delivery guys part would be more accurate.
(Unless you have an ax to grind with teamsters.)

Sorry to hear about this loss.

My gunsmith, who works in his garage, was ranting that the stupid USPS drivers deliver product to his neighbors and run back to their truck all the time. He said my Timney Trigger left our local hub at 0430 Wednesday, "delivered" but he did not receive it. The hunt goes on.

update

Damn stupidity on the delivery guys part would be more accurate.
(Unless you have an ax to grind with teamsters.)

Sorry to hear about this loss.

My gunsmith, who works in his garage, was ranting that the stupid USPS drivers deliver product to his neighbors and run back to their truck all the time. He said my Timney Trigger left our local hub at 0430 Wednesday, "delivered" but he did not receive it. The hunt goes on.

My smith informed me that the package went missing some where in Memphis TN, and the messsed up thing is that the USPS outsources this facility to FED EX. so, all in all it was FED Ex who Fnd it up. I am still hopefull it will turn up. BTW USPS stated the lost claim can be done until the 21st of september.
Joe M.

If I have something of value coming my way I have it delivered to the local UPS store. The local UPS drivers don't seem to care much about were they drop stuff including nearly on the sidewalk. I had a shipment of 2000 rounds of ammo show up on my door step about a year ago and it was not my name or address on the shipment. I contacted the shipper one of the large discount ammo suppliers and I suggested this is a good reason to at least offer "signature required" upon checkout at there web site and after a couple of e notes back and forth they responded with "that's a good idea we will take it to the board" but nothing has happened. Regarding the 2000 rounds it was meant to be delivered a couple of doors down and even know a had not met the new neighbors I did when I said come get your ammo. it was to darn heavy for me to carry. Next is now I'm seeing that UPS will transfer shipments to the USPS for the final leg of the transit, what the heck! This is a crappy feeling not knowing if your shipment is going to make it's transit safe and sound.
What now should it be:
USPS registered?
FedEx next day?
or the pony express
Bill

I am happy to say my rifle was found gents, I will be posting some pics as soon as I get it. Much respect for my smith that worked countless hours trying to locate it. thanks Chad
Joe M.

Congrats! That's great news. Still very peculiar that it could be "misplaced". At least
it "reappeared". LOL. Looking forward to pics and a range report.

NRA offers insurance on all your guns, whether they are in transit or not. That will not replace sentimental value, but it is "something".

Flying with a rifle scares me the most.

The hiring standards went down with the USPS with the advent of forced minority hire. These days it is near impossible to find a caucasian male behind the counter at any large post office. That is just a fact.

Very sorry for your loss, and I hope you get a full recovery and prosecution of those involved with the THEFT of your rifle.

NRA offers insurance on all your guns, whether they are in transit or not. That will not replace sentimental value, but it is "something".

Flying with a rifle scares me the most.

The hiring standards went down with the USPS with the advent of forced minority hire. These days it is near impossible to find a caucasian male behind the counter at any large post office. That is just a fact.

Very sorry for your loss, and I hope you get a full recovery and prosecution of those involved with the THEFT of your rifle.[/QUmy gunsmith managed to find it brother!

Can you get a little background on how/why it went missing? So glad it was found.

It is quite usual for a USPS package to show as Delivered on their tracking system, only to be actually delivered a few days later. Makes me think someone is playing games with performance metrics.

Can you get a little background on how/why it went missing? So glad it was found.

It is quite usual for a USPS package to show as Delivered on their tracking system, only to be actually delivered a few days later. Makes me think someone is playing games with performance metrics.

Yes, tell us what happen.

Goes like this. USPS subcontracts all priority mail to Fedx. Gun went from Sturgis to. Rapid City to Sioux Falls. There it gets a new tag/lable for Fedx. Somehow the tag was torn off in transit to Memphis, Fedx's big hub.

When this happens the gun is put in a large vault. There it sits until something is done.

SO heres the deal Gents. If you ship via USPS Priority and a gun is lost dont even deal with your local PO. They are truly clueless as to how this works. Get in touch with the post master at your central USPS hub. Be polite but be very pointed and persistent.

Next call Fedx corporate and get the ball rolling there.

People are willing to help. You just have to find those people and it depends on a lot of phone work. My experience from this with the PO its very easy to get bogged down with governmenteeze. Meaning they talk like politicians and pass responsibility. YOU have to rattle sabers a bit and make alot of phone calls. The rpd city Postal inspector in this case was/is a complete toolbag. Understand also that most USPS AND FEDX employees dont even realize that the two work together. Calling the GO Fedx 800 number is a waste of time. Go straight to the corporate offices in Memphis. Again, be polite but be persistent and dont hesistate to talk to multiple people. Your not under any obligation to be patient or follow a chain of command. Work it from all possible angles. The more bodies involved the faster youll get results.

Good luck and again Jo tjanks for your business and your patience.

Make DAMN SURE you keep a detailed record of the package dimensions weapon SN and any other critical info on file. This goes a long way toward helping them find it.

Theres little chance of theft anymore with the fail safes in place at the sort facilities. Cameras, chain of custody protocalls, etc make theft a small part of the equation. The dumb tag got tore off in transition. THEIR tag and OURS. Go figure. . . As anyone will tell you we pack our guns like they are headed to war. Shit still happens though. . .
Joe thanks again for your patience as I worked through this. Hopefully it gets to you soon.

Last edited:
This is one piece of advice that I will never forget!
icon14.png

I do the same thing, never put the name of the shop or business as it is a dead give away. Stopped using UPS after they "lost' two laptops worth 6K years ago and they were bastards to get the money out of. Fedex has never lost anything I have sent. I will look up the GPS tracker idea mentioned above, never thought of that and that would be awesome to keep track of your package.

Now THERE's some quality service! That's called "old school going the extra mile". Impressive. The information is also much appreciated. Learned a lot.
Thanks Chad.

Goes like this. USPS subcontracts all priority mail to Fedx. Gun went from Sturgis to. Rapid City to Sioux Falls. There it gets a new tag/lable for Fedx. Somehow the tag was torn off in transit to Memphis, Fedx's big hub.

When this happens the gun is put in a large vault. There it sits until something is done.

SO heres the deal Gents. If you ship via USPS Priority and a gun is lost dont even deal with your local PO. They are truly clueless as to how this works. Get in touch with the post master at your central USPS hub. Be polite but be very pointed and persistent.

Next call Fedx corporate and get the ball rolling there.

People are willing to help. You just have to find those people and it depends on a lot of phone work. My experience from this with the PO its very easy to get bogged down with governmenteeze. Meaning they talk like politicians and pass responsibility. YOU have to rattle sabers a bit and make alot of phone calls. The rpd city Postal inspector in this case was/is a complete toolbag. Understand also that most USPS AND FEDX employees dont even realize that the two work together. Calling the GO Fedx 800 number is a waste of time. Go straight to the corporate offices in Memphis. Again, be polite but be persistent and dont hesistate to talk to multiple people. Your not under any obligation to be patient or follow a chain of command. Work it from all possible angles. The more bodies involved the faster youll get results.

Good luck and again Jo tjanks for your business and your patience.

Make DAMN SURE you keep a detailed record of the package dimensions weapon SN and any other critical info on file. This goes a long way toward helping them find it.

Theres little chance of theft anymore with the fail safes in place at the sort facilities. Cameras, chain of custody protocalls, etc make theft a small part of the equation. The dumb tag got tore off in transition. THEIR tag and OURS. Go figure. . . As anyone will tell you we pack our guns like they are headed to war. Shit still happens though. . .
Joe thanks again for your patience as I worked through this. Hopefully it gets to you soon.

Congrats OP! I've been following this one here and there since you first posted. Very happy to hear they found your rifle.

Glad it was found! Sounds like Chad worked very hard at getting it tracked down.