• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Only $11,302.00 for a 16" 6mm Creedmore with an extra stock and bottom metal

Why is Gunwerx debasing themselves this way? Soon everyone will be running around with a cheap Gunwerx special. They are trying to market to an audience that can only spend more to make themselves look or feel better. Lowering the price is counterproductive. Raise the price so high that the elite will be bragging in their smoking rooms how much their Climbr cost to their tennis buddies.

Reactions: lawofsavage
I want a Merkel RX-1 Helix topped with a Leica Magnus i 1-6.3X24 on Larue LT179 QD rings and a Trijicon MRO on a ADM low QD mount

I want a Merkel RX-1 Helix topped with a Leica Magnus i 1-6.3X24 on Larue LT179 QD rings and a Trijicon MRO on a ADM low QD mount
Bahhh... all last year's cool kids had 2 of those in their stockings.

I used to be in the custom aquarium industry in the NY metro area. Many people are willing to pay a high price for the convenience of being turn-key ready. Our business (not mine) survived on individuals with incredible amounts of disposable income.

If you’re taken aback by the price, it’s either out of your price range or you have the knowledge to do it yourself. Or both

WTF is going on here?!? Did you read the description? Sounds like a papa rock diatribe

It's got to be satire. Has to be.

The guy that owns that company is at Ben Avery in Phoenix almost every Sunday morning doing "combat drills". The drills consist of him firing about 1000 rounds through his Glock as fast as he can pull the trigger and insert a new magazine. It's quite the spectacle. I have no doubt there are hundreds of basement commandos that have purchased "kits" from him.

Edit: I would like to add that I think Gunwerks does provide a valuable package. I've never heard/read a bad word about their rifles (other than price). Most of us enjoy the process of load development, picking an optic, sighting in the rifle, and developing a drop chart. You don't have to do any of that with a Gunwerks package. Some people don't have the means or the time to go through that process. If they have the money, they don't have to. Gunwerks has done it for them. That is worth something, and obviously a lot of people are buying their products as they seem to be growing rapidly.

Last edited:
The guy that owns that company is at Ben Avery in Phoenix almost every Sunday morning doing "combat drills". The drills consist of him firing about 1000 rounds through his Glock as fast as he can pull the trigger and insert a new magazine. It's quite the spectacle. I have no doubt there are hundreds of basement commandos that have purchased "kits" from him.

Is this him?
tenor.gif

It takes years (more than one) of learning to reload and several gun builds and a lot of tinkering experience to get to a point where you can build a rifle you like that works flawlessly and shoots like the Gunwerks rifles shoot out of the box.

Some people like to hunt with 1/4-1/2 MOA confidence but choose not to spend the time and resources required to set up and tune a rifle with ammo such that they can confidently shoot an animal a distance. As mentioned earlier, Gunwerks' offerings are not valuable to those who can do it themselves and like doing it.

You will still spend $7-8k to put something comparable together.

Why am I limited to only spending thousands on one rifle? People spend millions on useless rocks. Why aren't rifles more money? Please make them go up!

Uh no, go look at GA Precision’s prices for starters then add $3k for some decent glass and rings.

Custom BDC knobs ??? Tuned for specific Ammo ???

Every bit of $7-8k ...

Last edited:
GA Precision is very reasonable compare there smithing pricing to anyone like LRi and SAC and they are the cheapest. Parts wise im pretty sure they charge cost on the parts

Reactions: n2stcks
IMO, That is not a hefty price to pay for a proven system that is all done and ready to go, you are getting 2 stocks and top of the line optics. Gunwerks has proven themselves to be one of the premier LR outfits so that also counts.

The guy that got me into this hobby did exactly this, he bought a Gunwerks package and skipped all the load development and tuning. he then did it again with Best of the west so he obviously finds the value in buying a system with the recipe and all.

His advice to me was to go that route but I chose not to, simply because I still have everything to learn (reason why I'm here) .

I put together a Howa 1500 26" heavy 300 WM in an MDT chassis and once you add the optic and all the peripherals plus the loading equipment I'll be close to double that, but the knowledge I'm hoping to pick up along the way to me is worth it.

Shit, I might still end up buying a package from GW or one of the e other premium outfitters... who knows.

i can see if they threw in a box of shells but without a box of shells that's a deal breaker!

BTW i have a savage .22lr MKii 17" barrel with tactical centerpoint scope, caldwell harris knockoff bipod and stock pack with long range ink pen spring trigger modification, 20moa base, long range posi grip JB weld custom bolt knob and interchangeable 10 round competition magazine for $7000 if anyone needs a trainer for the GW rig.

of course i'll toss in the ebay rifle level and 2....yes 2.....boxes of shells.

They buy a gun all dialed-in and load worked up for them, head out on a 10,000 acre ranch with a guide a nice comfortable seat on a custom trail rig ,. The guide spots the game they set up guide gets all the environmentals and calls out how to dial the scope then he shoots and kills his animal...... fun to him not to me but I'm not living the Jackson Hole life.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Seems to be a market because people buy them and relay experiences with the rifles. They all seem to be of high quality and seem to shoot.

Its interesting that people dog the brand based on a perception of value. Sometimes time is more valuable than money. Be it a rich person who just wants a plug and play rifle or a family man with a business who values limited time with family over sitting at the reloading bench.

Reactions: Jkedsnake
They buy a gun all dialed-in and load worked up for them, head out on a 10,000 acre ranch with a guide a nice comfortable seat on a custom trail rig ,. The guide spots the game they set up guide gets all the environmentals and calls out how to dial the scope then he shoots and kills his animal...... fun to him not to me but I'm not living the Jackson Hole life.
That's exactly it, I have a family and also own a small manufacturing business, my time is very valuable so I can relate to just paying for it to be all done. In my specific situation my main goal is to learn how to do it myself.

That's exactly it, I have a family and also own a small manufacturing business, my time is very valuable so I can relate to just paying for it to be all done. In my specific situation my main goal is to learn how to do it myself.
This. Exactly. I can work on my own cars. But my time is better spent elsewhere, that’s why I use a mechanic.

Reactions: Quackaddict