• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORDERED M40 FROM CHANDLER

DocLes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
ARKANSAS
Last week I called IB and was able to talk to Norm Chandler Sr, stayed on the phone with him about 45 min. To my suprise, it just so happened he was with the 3RD Mar Div with me in Viet Nam. When he found out I was a CORPSMAN he told me he would build me a very special M40. I am not at liberty to tell all of the details yet, but as things progress I will keep you informed.

SEMPER FI Les

Re: ORDERED M40 FROM CHANDLER

Norm builds great rifles. I love mine. I'm sure you'll be just as happy with yours.

I've talked to Norm several times over the last two years and he is a hell of a good guy. I look forward to seeing what he is able to produce for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Norm builds great rifles.</div></div>Is he building them now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is he building them now?</div></div>

His shop builds great rifles. Better?

He informed he has a very limited number of part left fo the M40A1 build. Just so happens, it includes an origional M40 return stock from the USMC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He informed he has a very limited number of part left fo the M40A1 build. Just so happens, it includes an origional M40 return stock from the USMC. </div></div>

So "he's" building you an M40 on an M40A1 return stock? That sounds odd...

Or is he building you an M40A1 on an "M40 return stock from the USMC"? Didn't know they returned any M40 stocks.

"Very special" I'm sure it will be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So "he's" building you an M40 on an M40A1 return stock? That sounds odd...

Or is he building you an M40A1 on an "M40 return stock from the USMC"? Didn't know they returned any M40 stocks.

"Very special" I'm sure it will be.</div></div>

I think he just forgot to put "A1" after M40.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is he building them now?</div></div>His shop builds great rifles. Better? </div></div>I'm not sure: Is his shop building the rifles now?

Well, on the quote I recieves from Iron Bragade Armory it stated ( Origional M40 stock w/bottom metal. Norm Sr. to determine which stock

No he has not stopped building them. Sorry, I misread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No he is not. </div></div>No he is not, what?

Was it Hart that did their barreling in the past?

CHRIS

Not True at all!! I talked to Norm the other day, they are always swamped as is the case now. When I went by there about a month ago he had 3 original Mcmillan M40 "Smear" stocks that are as original as it gets.They do a ton of military/law enforcement work which keeps them super busy. With Norm Jr. there, they will not be shutting down anytime soon...