• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORIGIN Orders

If y’all are having trouble getting prefits call Ryan Hunt at Hunt’s Long Range. He spun three up for my Origin. I haven’t shot them yet up they are hawk hill blanks. I’ll report back after I get some rounds down them.
832417C5-8A58-40A0-946D-9806C4FD6087.jpeg

Finally got a little shooting in with my Origin and TS Customs chambered 22BR, I'm absolutely in love with this little rig!!! Only 26 rounds on the barrel at the moment, going to shoot some groups tonight and a little more load development. Be patient guys, these are well worth the wait!!

22BR.jpg

Just ordered a Criteron replacement bbl for my .308 savage should be here next week. May end up running it on my Origin for a while until the bbl for it shows up. Just nice to be able to interchange bbls between rifles.

@BigHorn / ZAI Team Curious if any more thought has been put into a long action version? How many actions would it take to to make it happen.

Who else would be interested in a long action? I am thinking a long throat 260, 300wm switch barrel

Reactions: duramaxed
Finally got a little shooting in with my Origin and TS Customs chambered 22BR, I'm absolutely in love with this little rig!!! Only 26 rounds on the barrel at the moment, going to shoot some groups tonight and a little more load development. Be patient guys, these are well worth the wait!!

View attachment 6944293
How is the feeding with the 22 br?

Reactions: BWB
Are the mounting holes for the scope base at the Rem 700 locations? I was curious about Cadex Dual Strike and Lite Strike chassis compatibility.

Are the mounting holes for the scope base at the Rem 700 locations? I was curious about Cadex Dual Strike and Lite Strike chassis compatibility.

When I had contacted them on mounting options they say the action could take two FRONT 700 bases, so I'd assume no on the cadex if it bridges both halves of the receiver.

What kind of lead times are being quoted on these actions currently?

View attachment 6944293

What dbm are you using with that stock? Im looking to pick one up for a hunting rifle. Will probably just use the blind mag but i have a dbm sitting in the safe.

Josh hope the barrel lead times ger back on track. Congrats on the new baby.
I hope Hunt’s longrange website is correct. Just ordered one lol. Tired of waiting on Nucleus. I know they are trying but I’m impatient lol

I hope Hunt’s longrange website is correct. Just ordered one lol. Tired of waiting on Nucleus. I know they are trying but I’m impatient lol

In my experience Ryan’s site is accurate. I bought up a stock of ammo of his and it immediately showed “out of stock” when I went back.

He ships quick too. He’s got a repeat customer for sure from me.

What dbm are you using with that stock? Im looking to pick one up for a hunting rifle. Will probably just use the blind mag but i have a dbm sitting in the safe.

That's just the PTG Stealth bottom metal, any M5 style should work.

Got my Origin order confirmation today! #246x. Now just need some good news on my PVA prefit barrel.

Got my confirmation today also. Will have to hit up PVA soon, though it looks like they'll be a lot busier now that they got the marketing variance on the Hancock. At least I've got a new .308 Criterion bbl that will be here this week I can run on it in the meantime.

Last edited:
Payment made and email sent to PVA. Now back to the waiting game. What barrel vise are you guys using? I'm looking at the viper vise. Is that good to go? I'm gonna use a rear action wrench to torque the barrel.

Payment made and email sent to PVA. Now back to the waiting game. What barrel vise are you guys using? I'm looking at the viper vise. Is that good to go? I'm gonna use a rear action wrench to torque the barrel.

I got the bald eagle barrel vice, haven't tried it yet. Was only like $50 on flea bay, I have it mounted vertically on my reloading bench leg, also got a few strips of thick leather to use as shims and protect the barrel. Since I'm not tearing down a factory rifle, I don't think I'll need oodles of force to get my barrel torqued on or off. My action is supposed to ship with rear entry action wrench also.

Last edited:
Reactions: kriller134
I got the bald eagle barrel vice, haven't tried it yet. Was only like $50 on flea bay, I have it mounted laterally on my reloading bench leg, also got a few strips of thick leather to use as shims and protect the barrel. Since I'm not tearing down a factory rifle, I don't think I'll need oodles of force to get my barrel torqued. My action is supposed to ship with rear entry action wrench also.
That makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of wrapping it in leather to protect he barrel.

I have been using the Viper Barrel vise for years and never had a single issue with my TL3's (with BigHorn action wrench) or Deviant (using Surgeon action wrench)

Reactions: kriller134
I must be getting close. My confirmation is #248x. Fingers crossed that I will get my email this week

Last edited:
just got my pva shipping confirmation. It must be my lucky week. Now hopefully I hit the Lottery tonight.

Reactions: RadKad
When did you guys get confirmation numbers? I placed my order recently and got an order number but it's much lower than what's posted here. I assume the confirmation number comes later?

When did you guys get confirmation numbers? I placed my order recently and got an order number but it's much lower than what's posted here. I assume the confirmation number comes later?
you'll get another number. mine was around 800 higher (1719 or something and real number is 2497). day later maybe? few hours i forget

then today for an email from Robbie saying payment due/ready to ship

Hey guys,

First, let me take a quick second to apologize on the spotty comms the last couple weeks. My wife and I had a baby on Aug 30 which came me out of the shop for a couple days and only partial time for a few more, then Jeremy went on a (MUCH NEEDED) vacation and we had some illness that took a two guys out of the shop for a few days.. it's been hectic for sure and I know that last week I missed a lot of phone calls because I was trying to answer them while making parts.

We shipped a lot of barrels over the last couple days, many Nucleus and Origin pipes. Last week I tried to keep focused on making the barrels so that we could at least get the work out the door even if I was the only guy in the shop. We shipped 30+ barrels between yesterday and this morning.

We got in a few Origins last week, I haven't advertised them much so we have a couple.

I cut all the 6mm Dashers, 6 BR's and 6 Creedmoors last week that we have blanks for.
Rock Creek shipped another crate of blanks today so we're getting back on the horse there, it's a constant balance of getting the barrels needed in time for orders. Unlike the automotive industry the custom ordered rifle parts industry not "just in time" from vendors through end users.

We brought a lot of things in house in the last 8 months in order to improve overall lead times. More machinery, more people, contouring, more barrel blanks, different techniques and tooling to improve overall quality metrics are all here. I greatly appreciate those customers that have continued to work with us as we grow to make even better products for the precision rifle industry.

Got the ready to ship email this morning...on my Birthday of all days!
Confirmation number 2498 ordered on 4/30/18

Reactions: b6graham