• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORIGIN Orders

Has anyone had problems threading on a savage prefit barrel. I just got a prefit which my barrel nut spins on easy but the action feels like I need to muscle it on.

Ha, I bought a used er shaw 308 barrel off eBay or gunbroker until i figure out what caliber I want.

It spins on the action like butter, but the awesome barrel nut I go doesnt go on the barrel and neither does the replacement nut I just got. Guess I'll have to get an ugly savage barrel nut.

What kind of barrel are you trying to put on?

Ha, I bought a used er shaw 308 barrel off eBay or gunbroker until i figure out what caliber I want.

It spins on the action like butter, but the awesome barrel nut I go doesnt go on the barrel and neither does the replacement nut I just got. Guess I'll have to get an ugly savage barrel nut.

I contacted KRG about threading their SOTIC barrel nut to fit a savage prefit. Man that would look sweet. Doesnt sound like would happen any time soon.

Bison gun works prefit. Barrel nut threads on like butter and the barrel doesn’t thread on its like a fight. Sending it to have the threads chased

Has anyone had any problems with the 6br in the origin. I’m messing around with mine and some dummy rounds and in is catching the shoulder of the round in the mag and hanging up th bolt. I think it is catching on the pin hole that holds the pin that holds in the bolt head. Any suggestions? It’s really aggravating.

Origin action in an xlr envy chassis out of arc 10 round mags.

An example of one of the cases

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 71
Has anyone had any problems with the 6br in the origin. I’m messing around with mine and some dummy rounds and in is catching the shoulder of the round in the mag and hanging up th bolt. I think it is catching on the pin hole that holds the pin that holds in the bolt head. Any suggestions? It’s really aggravating.

Origin action in an xlr envy chassis out of arc 10 round mags.
That looks like an ARC mag in the background with the original follower. I have a friend who runs a TL3 in 6mm Dasher with ARC mags, but he's got a follower specifically for that round.

I run a 6br/origin/XLR Envy combo and three 10 round AICS mags with the TS Customs/Primal rights spacer kit. Feeds perfectly every time.

Reactions: wes1
I run a 6br/origin/XLR Envy combo and three 10 round AICS mags with the TS Customs/Primal rights spacer kit. Feeds perfectly every time.
I just got an AICS magazine and it does not fit I’m my chassis well at all. When loaded the magazine has to be forced into the mag well. (This is with my 308 rounds). Do you AICS magazines drop free?

I just got an AICS magazine and it does not fit I’m my chassis well at all. When loaded the magazine has to be forced into the mag well. (This is with my 308 rounds). Do you AICS magazines drop free?

I've never had a problem with any magazine (AICS or otherwise) dropping free or fitting in any XLR product.

So I've got 65 rounds through my new Origin. Mine is not timed yet and would probably get a bit smoother if I did that but I will say, it has already smoothed out a bit from when I first put everything together. Getting used to mechanical ejection again is taking a bit. Overall I'm happy with mine and would likely do another if I felt compelled to do another build.

Reactions: mercracing
Finally picking up my action in the morning after it’s been sitting at my ffl for a month.

I am so excited to get this thing I can’t stand it. Hopefully I’ll have it put together and sight it in tomorrow!

Alright, I need some help.

My origin is not resetting the trigger. Its just a timney 511 however it comes out the box. Is this the timing issue everyone is talking about? Or do you think the trigger is contacting something in the XLR element chassis kind of lime the timney issues with AI chassis?

Video

The bravo is great. I just wish the forend was a little longer for long barrels.

Last edited:
I went with a Manners T4A, hence why you won’t see a picture out of me until March or so...
Me too, but I bought a used one so although mine needs repainted I could use it right away.

It is a PVA barreled upper, I some how lucked out and got josh to put the whole thing together for me. I was going to get a m24 contour but the medium Palma was on the shelf ready to rock.

Well I threw a factory trigger in my action today to see if it will hold me over, the timing is pretty bad so I'll just wait till I get the right trigger...

On that topic, are there any triggers you guys have liked and was the timing right without a smith? The actions are all the same but is there much consitency between triggers? If im not understanding this right please let me know. My initial throughts are Timney CE or Trigher Tech.

I think Big Horn recommended Trigger Tech. I have not used one but I have the Timney CE and it has sear adjustment - I doubt i will send mine in to get timed.

What's the wait time been like for these PVA prefits?

I originally got the bravo as a placeholder till I decided on the permanent home, but I think it might stay for a while

Timed my cocking piece tonight. Kind of a pain in the ass but so much better now.

I think we all are happy to tinker with things. But this is my first "Custom" action and Im kinda nervous about removing material.. is it an easy job to mess up?

It wasn’t hard, just a file and some elbow grease. I had to remove quite a bit and about halfway through I thought I messed it up. It got worse and I think it’s because the angle of the cocking piece changed a little as I filed. Did a little more back to what the original angle was and it got better fast.

I was nervous too as this is also my first custom. Glad I did it though, night and day difference in feel.

It wasn’t hard, just a file and some elbow grease. I had to remove quite a bit and about halfway through I thought I messed it up. It got worse and I think it’s because the angle of the cocking piece changed a little as I filed. Did a little more back to what the original angle was and it got better fast.

I was nervous too as this is also my first custom. Glad I did it though, night and day difference in feel.

I’m very tempted to do mine, because I’m impatient. But I don’t have a barrel so I’m likely going to wait and send it in to Bighorn so I know it’s done correctly.

Lord have mercy, some of y'all make this complicated. I have handled two other Origins, other than my own, plus my two other Bighorn actions, and ZERO have required any kind of timing. Put a TriggerTech, Jewel, Timney, etc...in it and get to work.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Lord have mercy, some of y'all make this complicated. I have handled two other Origins, other than my own, plus my two other Bighorn actions, and ZERO have required any kind of timing. Put a TriggerTech, Jewel, Timney, etc...in it and get to work.

YMMV

Mine is hard as hell to cock and doesnt reset. Posted the video earlier.

Im just wondering of that is the issue as everyone else. Ive had 3 Stiller Tac30s that were way easier to open.

Reactions: Cegorach