• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Pact Mark IV Chronograph Tips?

21Bravo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2008
Jackson, MO
I've had this chrono for a while and it has always been super finicky. Regardless, of the lighting(I shoot outside only)it generally picks up less than half of the rounds fired.

I called Pact and they advised, ensuring the cables are not crossed, place a sandbag over the wires as close to the control unit as possible, maintaining a fresh battery and protecting the control unit from muzzle blast. Implenting their advice only marginally improved it's performance.

Anyone have any tips to improve it's performance? For what's it worth I'm running their standard screens (non-IR).

Thanks a lot,

21Bravo,
AKA Craig P. in MO

Re: Pact Mark IV Chronograph Tips?

Assuming the unit is working the way it was designed, maybe whatever you´re shooting over it is outside of the parameters it was designed for - just a guess.

For example, maybe the projectile is a lot faster or slower than what the unit can handle, or it´s too small (or too small and too quick together), or it´s too light or too dark out when you´re using it, or maybe there´s leafy tree branches waving overhead that throw shadows back and for over the unit when you´re shooting, or something like that. Some people that I´ve spoken with on the range even asked me once ¨what are those white shades over that chrony of yours¨ and said they were having problems with their chrony
smile.gif

Re: Pact Mark IV Chronograph Tips?

BallCoeff,

All of those factors make sense. Although, no trees or cover where I use the chrono. I understand the shade concept throwing it off. I primarily chrono, 9mm, 45acp, .223 and .308. It's just not consistent. Maybe the unit is faulty but when I explained the problem in detail to Pact they didn't mention it could be a problem with my unit, of course maybe they didn't want to.

Anybody out there having good results with their Mark IV?

Thanks