• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Peter Fonda dead at 79

Eventually he graduated to fondling wallabies and koalas while sucking ganja through a didgeridoo.

Reactions: candyx
m,mmm.jpg

This and than all the nostalgia for Woodstock at 50...... Fuck the whole decade of the 60s.

Feel the same about the present decade.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
The summer 1969 was a pretty good time for me.

I was living in the shadow of the US Army Artillery school, but not in Lawton or Ft Sill, but way down Cache road out in the boonies.

The old man was otherwise occupied in RVN for the year and had left me “in charge”, or as in charge as a 14yo could be. My mother worked and my younger sisters weren’t too young to be left alone for a few hours at a time.

I could disappear on my bicycle with my very first bolt gun, a 22LR Remington tied across the handle bars. Nobody even looked twice at me as I rode around looking for stuff to shoot, mostly beer cans and soda bottles.

There were a bunch of young, wild aviators who had a house about a quarter mile from us and they’d sometimes give me beers and cigarettes and would even pay me to wash their cars while they got drunk and sat in lawn chairs in their front yard. Who needed to cut grass for cash when a drunk WO would give you $20 to wash his blue GTX?

So that’s kinda what I remember about that summer and Easy Rider and Fonda.