• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PGW "Winding Down Operations"

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Looks like Canadian company PGW, which has supplied rifles to the CAF, is packing it in, or at the least very much reducing operations:

Screenshot_20210825-150604.png

It's a shame, they made iconic rifles such as their Coyote and Timber wolf rifles:

pgw-c14-timberwolf-mrsws_5.jpg

11466498296_61518b272a_b.jpg

Was surprised to see that this morning given how recently they released the M15 line of barreled actions and rifles.

Unfortunately I think that was a late reaction to them realizing that they lost market shares to more innovative and adaptive companies.

PGW never really adapt their original product offerings much, which made them lose a lot of market share during this recent precision rifle renaissance. They never kept with the times and seemed to rather rely on their initial success with their original models.

It's a shame, I think they could've done well if they continued to incorporate industry advancements in their designs.

Yeah, kind of seemed like they sat on what they had while other Canadian companies continued to offer new products. It's too bad. The Canadian market is slim enough as is.

They seem a bit over priced even in Canadian money. Not many guys gonna pay $3-$4k for a Remington 700 in a hs precision stock. Even if it does have a cool looking fluted barrel.

• Haha
Reactions: M77
They seem a bit over priced even in Canadian money. Not many guys gonna pay $3-$4k for a Remington 700 in a hs precision stock. Even if it does have a cool looking fluted barrel.
You have no idea what you are talking about. PGWDTI uses their own actions, not Rem 700's. Coyotes and Timberwolves were in both McMillan A5's and PGW'S own chassis.

You have no idea what you are talking about. PGWDTI uses their own actions, not Rem 700's. Coyotes and Timberwolves were in both McMillan A5's and PGW'S own chassis.
Hi,

I like your subtleness, lolol!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

PS: So maybe some of the guys that are always talking about how easy it would be to setup a firearms, primer or ammunition manufacturing company will put their money where their mouth is and "rebirth" PGWDTI; since that press release statement is essentially asking for people interested in doing so to please contact them.

I was speaking to a gentleman a few weeks ago about this coming down the pipeline and it appears this is more of a case of regulations and restrictions than competition.

When you can no longer export to your largest and "most important" customer and then all the sudden it is much easier for Canadians to get USA manufactured firearms since transition of control from DDTC to BIS.... then companies have to see that train long before it actually happens.

Maybe Kodiak Defence up their in CA will rebirth them...

I wish Ross, his employees and all their families the very best in this situation. There is no way to make that decision lightly!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about and you didn’t take the time to check and see if I was correct.
They have a couple of rifles that they use Remington actions on and a couple they don’t.
I wouldn’t pay $6-$8k for a McMillan a5 and a custom barred action either because I can order everything for considerably less. Smdh

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about and you didn’t take the time to check and see if I was correct.
They have a couple of rifles that they use Remington actions on and a couple they don’t.
I wouldn’t pay $6-$8k for a McMillan a5 and a custom barred action either because I can order everything for considerably less. Smdh

Hi,

Show me what rifle they have that uses a Remington M700 receiver.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Show me what rifle they have that uses a Remington M700 receiver.

Sincerely,
Theis
They’re in stock too.
98B37D86-3A7C-4F48-A45B-7D4530CDD802.pngAB45115C-9CAC-4720-9951-26448CFA294E.png

Hi,

LOLOL Yep 2 of them. Build for clients that never picked them up.....
It is what happens when a firearms manufacturer attempts to blend 2 different segments of the industry....manufacturer and custom builder.

The exact minute they took on a custom build NOT using their actions was a wrong business move, period!!

Sincerely,
Theis