• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Picatiny rail for a 1903 Springfield

s4b1106

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2009
Idaho
I recently aquired a nicely sporterized (the metal work, anyway) 1903 Springfield that is chambered in 300wm. The rifle is drilled and tapped for a two piece Weaver base and the bold handle has already been turned down. By the way, serial range puts in into the 1930's so no worry about an early brittle receiver. I have a Leatherwood ART M1200 Compuscope that I think would work great on it. Unfortunately, I need to come up with a Picatiny rail to mount the scope to. I can't seem to locate anything. Any ideas?

Re: Picatiny rail for a 1903 Springfield

Here you go:

logo.gif

http://www.kenfarrell.com/SPR-1903-A3-1-0.html

Nightforce makes a piactiny rail gunsmith blank

PM or call Murphy Precision. You send the measurments (he provides the spec sheet), and he will CNC exactly what you need.

+1 on Cameron Murphy, he's the man to talk to about this. Great man.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be calling Cameron. Farrell shows for the 03A3, but not the 03, although I will call and see if they have the O3. I love those old rifles, but parts and accessories are not as easy to come by as they once were!

s4b1106,

I can certainly make you a base for your '03A3. Since it was sporterized, and already has holes drilled, you definitely want to get a base made to match. PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of our measurement worksheet that shows what dimensions I'll need. After I get that back, it will be two or three days, and $137.60 for stainless, or $193.60 for titanium.

- Cameron

Thanks, Cameron. I will pm you as soon as I get the measurements.