• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pick a 6.5 right now

Re: pick a 6.5 right now

I have a 24" and know a lot of guys who have one and they all shoot, no worries.

Good call on .260, better brass and speed

6.5 creedmore sounds more snipery
smile.gif

.260 better availability and price ranges for off the shelf ammo.

for a personal stick, 6.5 creedmore

for a build to sell to the masses, .260

I have all three. The best I think is the 6.5x47. Similar in speed but the for reloading better. The 260 and the creedmoor the primer pockets stretch out on the brass. The 6.5x47 the brass last longer. Easy to tune and shoots as good as the other two but brass last longer.

I gotta agree with Dar. I also have all three and I shoot the CM the least. 6.5x47 you get almost as much velocity as the others and its cheaper to run. Brass last 3 times longer than the other two, as least for me. I think it's inherently more accurate.

I know it's already built, and you picked what would have been my choice- the 260!

Dang it, I want a CM, and would have bought soon as it was done. Argghh. Bugholes I want you to do my next build, same as above but using my action.

260 is the way to go. Creedmoor is a corner market caliber. There is only one brass manufacture. Creedmoor is a copycat of the 260, you just cant re-size anything from other caliber to get the brass. Federal is now making components for 260 and some other smaller companies in the near future. You can get cheaper creedmoor ammo, but only with Hornady products. There are better choices for projectiles than amxes out there for 6.5, if you reload your own, it will cost you.

Zach

Purchased a CM from Bughole last year and everyone that shoots it winds up having Greg build them one. Easy to find a good handload. Greg that rifle you built Cecil is awesome.

.260 but cant go wrong with any of them. The .260 I load for is so forgiving its hard to find a load without a 600-1000 ladder test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">260 is the way to go. Creedmoor is a corner market caliber. There is only one brass manufacture. Creedmoor is a copycat of the 260, you just cant re-size anything from other caliber to get the brass. Federal is now making components for 260 and some other smaller companies in the near future. You can get cheaper creedmoor ammo, but only with Hornady products. There are better choices for projectiles than amxes out there for 6.5, if you reload your own, it will cost you.

Zach

</div></div>

couldn't agree more or have said it better myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">260 is the way to go. Creedmoor is a corner market caliber. There is only one brass manufacture. Creedmoor is a copycat of the 260, you just cant re-size anything from other caliber to get the brass. Federal is now making components for 260 and some other smaller companies in the near future. You can get cheaper creedmoor ammo, but only with Hornady products. There are better choices for projectiles than amxes out there for 6.5, if you reload your own, it will cost you.

Zach

</div></div>

Zack, curious as to what 6.5mm projectiles you think are "the best". I presume 142hr SMK for the price? Bergers or Scenars? Thanks for the help,

I have always been a 142 SMK fan personally. I can load them to one length and run them in a number of differed rifles built by different people.

I would not call myself a Berger expert, I have limited experience with them. The bergers do have the numbers, but I am a simpleton and usually go with what I used before.

I will be shooting more this year and will be trying the Berger line out a lot more than I have so I can give them a fair shake. I have seen the Berger projectile improve subsonic 308 ammo we have been testing. We will be offering two Berger products for 308 sub and match ammo very soon.

Probably didn't help here, but you won't go wrong with a 142 SMK or a Berger 140.

Zach

Zach

The way I hear it, if you already have a setup in any of those chamberings it'd be silly for you to switch to the others. BUT, my personal preference is the .260 Remington or even the AI version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always been a 142 SMK fan personally. I can load them to one length and run them in a number of differed rifles built by different people.

I would not call myself a Berger expert, I have limited experience with them. The bergers do have the numbers, but I am a simpleton and usually go with what I used before.

I will be shooting more this year and will be trying the Berger line out a lot more than I have so I can give them a fair shake. I have seen the Berger projectile improve subsonic 308 ammo we have been testing. We will be offering two Berger products for 308 sub and match ammo very soon.

Probably didn't help here, but you won't go wrong with a 142 SMK or a Berger 140.

Zach

Zach

</div></div>

Thanks, very helpful.