Picked Up A Vudoo, Man was i wrong

salks

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2019
I was able to shoot a voodoo in a rimfire 6 stage match. Showed up to see what the rimfire matches were all about one day. Planned on just watching maybe help out. I believe the phrase was " pay the man you can shoot in my squad with my gun, my ammo". Pretty cool , shot great that day. Truly a great gun and I will have one soon its a must.

Reactions: texasrimfirenut

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
East Texas
I was able to shoot a voodoo in a rimfire 6 stage match. Showed up to see what the rimfire matches were all about one day. Planned on just watching maybe help out. I believe the phrase was " pay the man you can shoot in my squad with my gun, my ammo". Pretty cool , shot great that day. Truly a great gun and I will have one soon its a must.

Glad you had a good time and I hope you can get your hands on your own Vudoo soon.

Reactions: salks

GetReal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2020
20201128_142747.jpg

20190910_200637.jpg

Hookturnr

Low Speed, High Drag
Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA ish..
    I'll throw in my .02 here. I've shot peewee PRS for a few years now with a 455. Started out stock varmint, now it's in a KRG with a Fedderson bbl. and a pile of aftermarket internals etc. It shoots .3's consistently and is just fine for me to stay in the top end of the rankings but I still will have a Vudoo before too long.

Do I NEED it?? probably not, however, I think I've wrung everything out of the CZ that I can. I'll happily run the CZ until then though;)

RAVAGE88

Angled Spade Tech
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Look up.
    i have over 10 k thru my v 22 repeater, Dont misunderstand, its the best shooting 22 ive ever had. but i cant shoot it like your under 2’s. im 76, its probably me but im thinking about a ratchet.

Dude, I've watched you shoot, don't sell yourself short....

MB

accurate obsession

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 8, 2017
    GA
    Do I NEED it?? probably not, however, I think I've wrung everything out of the CZ that I can. I'll happily run the CZ until then though;)
    Same boat here with a couple of 455's modded to the hilt that do quite well, but I think I'm still gonna have to see for myself what a Vudoo can do.

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Nov 14, 2020
    East Texas
    i have over 10 k thru my v 22 repeater, Dont misunderstand, its the best shooting 22 ive ever had. but i cant shoot it like your under 2’s. im 76, its probably me but im thinking about a ratchet.

Oh something tells me that you are a mighty fine shot, probably have more knowledge and skills than most of us will ever have and that its an honor to get to know you.

salks

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Nov 23, 2019
    The voodoo I shot had lot matched ammo from Lapua. If your near a test center I'm told thats the way to go.

beetroot

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 10, 2018
    Whens the 60 degree bolt lift Vudoo due out?
    I'm certain I'll jump on the Vudoo band wagon eventually but I can't bring myself to go back to a 90 degree bolt after falling in love with my T1x and a swept bolt handle.

Shooter J

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Dec 19, 2018
    Northern Colorado
    beetroot the 60 degree bolt throw is nice. I own rifles with both types and I find that whichever rifle shoots better is more fun and more important to me than the bolt lift.

With the longer bolt handle on the Vudoo I don't ever find that my hand it too close to the scope as is the case with some other actions.

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Nov 14, 2020
    East Texas
    Whens the 60 degree bolt lift Vudoo due out?
    I'm certain I'll jump on the Vudoo band wagon eventually but I can't bring myself to go back to a 90 degree bolt after falling in love with my T1x and a swept bolt handle.

Felt the same way and also in more ways than just the bolt throw. Absolutely love my Tikka as well. But again, the title of my thread is what it all boiled down to for me. Once I got that Vudoo in my hand, it showed how easily it was to shoot so accurately and everything else about the Vudoo and its smoothness and just everything you can think about on the Vudoo, again, man was I wrong thinking it and the price just couldn't be justified to me just yet.

If I hadn't came upon the opportunity that I did to own one of these fine rifles, I'd still be stuck in the same mode as I was before, and still be wrong, lol.

Nothing I've had compares to these Vudoo's.

I am now saving up for the benchrest/single shot model.

MarshallDodge

At the Reloading Bench
    Minuteman
    Jul 19, 2007
    Utah
    I'm super happy with mine and got lucky when I picked it up as a barreled action.

I always wanted a Remington 40X in 22LR and when I saw the Vudoo release, I knew I had to have one. My CZ455 is one of my favorites to shoot but the Vudoo makes it feel like driving a Toyota Corrola now. :cool:

Lastsaint21

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jul 21, 2020
    And wait you will...I’m coming up on 5 months for mine.
    I ordered Oct 7th, Invoice said yesterday.. Haven't heard anything. What did your invoice say? and did you order something special? THE WAIT IS KILLER!! haha! I have a test date for Feb 19th at Lapua..so I hope I see it before then at least!

SSG ZERO

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 20, 2020
    I ordered Oct 7th, Invoice said yesterday.. Haven't heard anything. What did your invoice say? and did you order something special? THE WAIT IS KILLER!! haha! I have a test date for Feb 19th at Lapua..so I hope I see it before then at least!
    I choose a 20" kukri barrel in a manners prs-tcs stock left handed. Hopefully you get your rifle done n before your appointment. I need to check the lapua testing center out. I only live 4 hours from it.

JohnTheFisherman

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Dec 24, 2019
    Southeastern indiana
    My invoice doesn’t have a due date but I was told 12-14 weeks when I ordered. They just got ahold of me yesterday and said it will be shipped either late this week or early next putting the wait at about 17-18 weeks. I don’t really care given the time of year but if it was spring or summer I’d be chomping at the bit to get my hands on it.

Solid7

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 28, 2010
    About $1k new. I got mine shipped with the area419 arca rail for $650

Can't believe people complain about that price tag. $1K is minnow zone for quality firearms.

I've been shooting Anschutz for years, paying well north of $1K in 1990's money. Yes, for a .22. So this seems like a pretty damn good deal. Love that barrel. It just needs to be shorter. :)

IamJoHo

Shoot Better Nerd
    Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2019
    Columbus, Oh
    www.facebook.com
    Can't believe people complain about that price tag. $1K is minnow zone for quality firearms.

I've been shooting Anschutz for years, paying well north of $1K in 1990's money. Yes, for a .22. So this seems like a pretty damn good deal. Love that barrel. It just needs to be shorter. :)
    $1k for the chassis. Not for the rifle.