• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked Up A Vudoo, Man was i wrong

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
East Texas
Gang, I picked up a Vudoo yesterday, got a scope put on her and took outside to my backyard range. Man, my Tikka, Kidds, Annie and 452's are great shooters and for the longest time I couldn't see spending the extra cash for a Vudoo although I knew one day I'd end up with one. Well the stars aligned correctly and things fell into to place unexpectedly so I took advantage of it.

I love my other guns but as so many of you who already have Vudoo's have stated, this thing is a work of art. Quality, smoothness, accuracy are just something that have to be experienced to truly appreciate this thing.

I know you all have heard this all before but all the concerns I had were just not justified. Knowing what I know now, Vudoo wouldn't have been something I worked myself up to, it would have been my first nice rimfire instead.

Really stoked about her.

Vudoo 1.jpg

I often get the question “how much did it cost you“. I’m getting quite good at dancing around the answer. I’m just pleased that my wife never asked.
I only have to dance around it when I am asked and my wife is near by. Seriously you see she is standing here and you just asked that dumb ass question.

Gang, I picked up a Vudoo yesterday, got a scope put on her and took outside to my backyard range. Man, my Tikka, Kidds, Annie and 452's are great shooters and for the longest time I couldn't see spending the extra cash for a Vudoo although I knew one day I'd end up with one. Well the stars aligned correctly and things fell into to place unexpectedly so I took advantage of it.

I love my other guns but as so many of you who already have Vudoo's have stated, this thing is a work of art. Quality, smoothness, accuracy are just something that have to be experienced to truly appreciate this thing.

I know you all have heard this all before but all the concerns I had were just not justified. Knowing what I know now, Vudoo wouldn't have been something I worked myself up to, it would have been my first nice rimfire instead.

Really stoked about her.

View attachment 7482176

It’s post like this that cost me money.

I’m still shooting my Sako Quad but I want a Voodoo

LOL, well I must admit my wife thought it was a little pricey but after she shot it this morning she's thinking she might need one too.

LOL, well I must admit my wife thought it was a little pricey but after she shot it this morning she's thinking she might need one too.
Although I am trying to convince her to let me build her a rimfire for competitions. But was thinking maybe a Bregara or something like it at first. See if she will actually get into it. But maybe just build her a vudoo and when she realizes "Damn babe I guess Biden being in office really made the prices go up"

Although I am trying to convince her to let me build her a rimfire for competitions. But was thinking maybe a Bregara or something like it at first. See if she will actually get into it. But maybe just build her a vudoo and when she realizes "Damn babe I guess Biden being in office really made the prices go up"

LOL!

Mine wife has been shooting with me for years now. She's pretty frugal unless its purses, lol. But even she could see the value. She set down shot it, had a 1/4" group and was smiling as big as I was.

I will still pick up a Bergara and Christensen Arms for the stable but man, this Vudoo is Cadillac for sure.

Got about 100 rounds with her now and settled down and shot for groups, for real.

Largest 5 shot group @ 50 so far was .198" CTC and smallest is .141" all with Center X which tells me both the gun and myself are shooting pretty consistent.

Not for sure how I feel about the handle on the Bravo as it feels very thick to me. Might be nice after I get used to it but right now I just ain't feeling it.

Got to find some more Center X as I am starting to get pretty low. Anyone know where it can be found, please let me know.

Very please. Need to get a good bag setup as I can see movement in the scope, with paralax set correctly so I know I am not as steady as I could get.

Got about 100 rounds with her now and settled down and shot for groups, for real.

Largest 5 shot group @ 50 so far was .198" CTC and smallest is .141" all with Center X which tells me both the gun and myself are shooting pretty consistent.

Not for sure how I feel about the handle on the Bravo as it feels very thick to me. Might be nice after I get used to it but right now I just ain't feeling it.

Got to find some more Center X as I am starting to get pretty low. Anyone know where it can be found, please let me know.

Very please. Need to get a good bag setup as I can see movement in the scope, with paralax set correctly so I know I am not as steady as I could get.
I got behind my Bravo once and realized something was wrong. Started looking for a MPA BA Comp immediately. In the mean time shot it a few different times and each time made me want something else more and more. Anyway I havent shot it yet but I bought a used BA Comp and had it delivered on Monday. Been dry firing and love it. Have a match this Saturday and cant wait to run it.

Reactions: texasrimfirenut
I got behind my Bravo once and realized something was wrong. Started looking for a MPA BA Comp immediately. In the mean time shot it a few different times and each time made me want something else more and more. Anyway I havent shot it yet but I bought a used BA Comp and had it delivered on Monday. Been dry firing and love it. Have a match this Saturday and cant wait to run it.

Show us a pic of it please whenever you get around to it.

I have a board set up between my targets on my range with drilled holes in for putting kitchen matches in. It was hoot breaking off the kitchen matches with this thing @ 50.

Reactions: nakoa01
What bipod is that? I have some Harris bipods but would like to get a nice one to go on this one. Been looking at several but still undecided.

What are the chances? I'm genuinely curious as I own neither.

Honestly pretty decent. Me and two friends are starting shooting PRS/NRL22 together. I have a Vudoo they both have bone stock RPRs one with a $400 Athlon the other with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical.

First match and only match so far. Me and my buddy with the RPR/Athlon went and shot it together. Started off with mid 40 degrees and 20-30 mph winds and ended with snow. Shooting out to 275yards and the three flags all the way out were all in different directions. He kicked my ass that day.

Now I was having a hell of a time getting comfortable on the KRG Bravo with length of pull and eye relief. I spent 1/3 of each stage staying to get a clear scope picture. Since then I have put in a lot of work getting that all right. And we will see what happens this weekend and next.

As far as punching paper both the RPRs are sub moa out to at least 50 yards. We haven't punched paper farther than that yet.

But they are close enough that I get my balls busted for the amount of money I spent vs what they spend.

Not sure if that answers anything. But if your thinking about getting out and shooting 22lr matches then pickup whatever you can afford and go shoot it. If you can afford a Vudoo then don't hesitate just do it. Its by far the most fun I have had shooting.

Honestly pretty decent. Me and two friends are starting shooting PRS/NRL22 together. I have a Vudoo they both have bone stock RPRs one with a $400 Athlon the other with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical.

First match and only match so far. Me and my buddy with the RPR/Athlon went and shot it together. Started off with mid 40 degrees and 20-30 mph winds and ended with snow. Shooting out to 275yards and the three flags all the way out were all in different directions. He kicked my ass that day.

As far as punching paper both the RPRs are sub moa out to at least 50 yards. We haven't punched paper farther than that yet.

But they are close enough that I get my balls busted for the amount of money I spent vs what they spend.

For PRS/NRL22 style matches there are a ton of variables that can and will affect your overall performance which have little or nothing to do with the rifle you choose, so don't beat yourself up. When I first started shooting PRS, it was before the VuDoo came out and I shot a simple Savage MkII. I did not want to put a Vortex Razor onto a 22lr so I fitted a budget priced FFP 4-25x optic. But, I spent weeks of practice testing and range verifying my dope for the rifle/scope/ammo combo I was using. One thing I did do was test ammo for a lot that was highly accurate and acquire enough of it to last for many matches and practice sessions.

In my first match I was able to dial from 50y zero up to 250y with absolute confidence and hold over out to 300y (the longest shot) and hit the tgt. Wind, judgement, stage design all impact results and have nothing to do with your rifle. Ammo variance is huge. Having a tack driver is not a necessity for this type of match but it sure don't hurt. What is a necessity is the ability to range and adjust rapidly on the fly and to acquire the tgt and the next tgt without delay. Your ability to calculate precisely the bullet drop at the actual distance as opposed to estimating it and doing the dust and adjust thing is critical. Your ability to slow the match down thru training, practice and effective preparation is the best way to insure success. An old mentor once told me, "A slow hit trumps and pair of fast misses every time". So, aim fast, shoot slow enough to insure a hit every time.

You do not have to shoot a VuDoo/Rim-X/Sako to do well but it will never be a handicap to do so. At those early matches the most common rifles were CZ455's with Lilja bbls., Ruger 10/22 with Kidd custom parts, and the MkII's. Within 12 months however, the VuDoo took the field and the world changed. For the record, I am currently using a Sako Quad/Lilja rifle and am not feeling handicapped at all. But, I will have a VuDoo. It is IMO the best or one of the best out there. I still don't have a Razor or NF on my 22lr either but expect that eventually, it will happen, lol.

Really stoked about her.

View attachment 7482176
My other 22 rimfires combined cost more than my vudoo. And to me, the V22 is worth more than all of them!

Been thinking about upgrading to a Vodoo too. Got to run a few rounds through another competitor’s Vudoo...shouldn’t have done that because I want one now. Currently shooting a CZ455 precision with the Manners stock right now. It does pretty well with Eley Club. I could probably make more gains with premium ammo and more practice. But that Vudoo though.........

Been thinking about upgrading to a Vodoo too. Got to run a few rounds through another competitor’s Vudoo...shouldn’t have done that because I want one now. Currently shooting a CZ455 precision with the Manners stock right now. It does pretty well with Eley Club. I could probably make more gains with premium ammo and more practice. But that Vudoo though.........
Just get it. You should be able to recoup some money from selling that Manners and 455.

Just get it. You should be able to recoup some money from selling that Manners and 455.
I do like the CZ455. I’ve done some work on it including pillars, bedding, threaded muzzle, bipod pic rail, QD sockets, trigger, to name a few. I’ll keep it for a backup or loaner when I take the Vudoo plunge.

In owning several rimfires I have had one or two that would approach shooting with the vudoo at 50. But its consistency takes the cake. Other rifles and other shooters might shoot with this or that at 50. But shoot a 6x5 or a 10x5. They will get a flier, a vudoo just some how doesn't. Then back up. Shoot a 100yds and see how each rifle does. Like I said in another post. Those who say you can't buy happiness have never owned a Vudoo.

Really stoked about her.

View attachment 7482176
Mine is supposed to be ready in February. I'm having in put in a manners prs-tcs stock. I cant wait!

In owning several rimfires I have had one or two that would approach shooting with the vudoo at 50. But its consistency takes the cake. Other rifles and other shooters might shoot with this or that at 50. But shoot a 6x5 or a 10x5. They will get a flier, a vudoo just some how doesn't. Then back up. Shoot a 100yds and see how each rifle does. Like I said in another post. Those who say you can't buy happiness have never owned a Vudoo.

This!

Largest group .198, I cant do that on a regular basis with a one piece rest.

Really stoked about her.

View attachment 7482176

They have several rifles and barreled actions listed on their site. Which one did you get? Looks amazing!

Umm yeah way to heavy to carry around in the woods unless you are build like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Me, I spent my money on the Vudoo instead of the Schwarzenegger breast implants I wanted so bad. Now I do see post occasionally where people "head-shoot" squirrels from 150 to 300 yards with their Marlin Model 60's and this rig would make good sense for that application. Here where I live the woods are thick and even with leaf-off conditions most shots are under 30 yards.

In all seriousness, from everything I've seen you can't go wrong with any configuration you feel is best suited for your planned application.

I really do like mine setting on the bench. With the weight it doesn't move. When I shoot freehand, which I don't do too much of, the weight actually helps me from bouncing around as much. Seems more steady.

IamJoHo gives good advice.