• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

First one of the year for me. Had an extra morning in WY after helping a buddy with his antelope hunt. Called one dog in three stands. Not bad by my standards. This one was a young male.

photo1xzt.jpg

Here's last years bobcat.

bobcat12-24-118.jpg

bobcat12-24-112.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm heading up to Miller SD this weekend and hope to call some dogs after we limit out for the day on birds. Hows the fur this season so far? </div></div>

little early yet...probably not prime till thanksgiving 'ish

Have fun though, hope you can find some birds.

#1 for the season here in NY last week. My partner is fired up, alright!!!
2012-10-07_09-12-37_244.jpg

100_0014.jpg

Let this cat get close to the jack in the box.
img_0191.jpg

A buddy's first. His wife hates me now.
114.jpg

A quick double from the other night. Female wasn't that red but a runnimg shot split her pretty good
img_1337.jpg

One from last weekend

LOL, thank you, S-man!
Great pics, Jhawk!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The product of a night over a cow carcass.

4coyotes.jpg

</div></div>

Very jealous!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have been using one of these http://www.x20.org/x27-clip-on-thermal-rifle-scope Its amazing. Plugs into a DVD player so everyone can watch the fun..

supposedly flir has one similar (T60) with 4x's the resolution that i can run in front of my 5-25
smile.gif
</div></div>

I'm slightly afraid to ask...but how much does one of these cost?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The product of a night over a cow carcass.

4coyotes.jpg

</div></div>

Awesome!!

95gvmaxat300yrds.jpg

yoteslaughterfest.jpg

These were taken couple months ago in about 5 hrs. the one with the jelly face in the back of the truck is mine, taken at 300yrd with a 6.5creedmore 95gr vmax @ 3100 fps. The other 4 is from my buddy with his 22-250, and he is quick on the trigger as you can tell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still 5+ months out and i'm already fired up. Thanks for the bump sendero man, i suppose i better contribute.

My first bobcat, 29 lb. male in 2004 if I remember right.

bobcatben2.jpg
</div></div>
thats a nice sized bobcat

AE94EDE5-34E1-4FBF-AAB3-BBA73CB1616E-3826-0000070ECB422A62.jpg

Here's my 9 year old with one he caught slipping across the pasture the other day. I was working on a rifle in the shop when I heard that 17HMR pop twice. He hollered "Dad I killed a coyote". And sure enough he did, at 159 yards too!

Gotta be proud of that one. Nice shooting - I thought those 17hmr's only worked to 50 yards
wink.gif

That's some helluva fine shooting for a youngin"! That'll make a papa proud every time.

Cheers,
Breeze

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gknutson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres a old favorite.

coyoteskid.jpg
</div></div>

I love that pic. He died in stride!

Was out scouting deer with a buddy and his boy so tried a spot... Had the match rifle with and the DTACs burn right through a broadside yote (spin spin run run,, tumble)but seriously whack a facing one.. Glad the new barrels are on the coyote guns now:)

The little guy was giggling like crazy when I was blowing on the whistle but yotes didn't seem to mind..lol

image-3.jpg

Dropped the hammer on this female last night. Pvs14 and IR laser are the shit.
IMAG0441.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ridge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSCN0651.jpg
</div></div>

nice looking dog and rifle !

Trying to keep the population in check with the Turbo Dogg and the Vortex topped Savage/Shilen.
C0D14705-C75A-441C-813B-FFEF6A7972AD-2365-000002D00A9CA76F.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice !

which Vortex ya running ?</div></div>

Thanks Scott!! That one is the Viper HS 5x15x44 1/10th mil from Midway. I've also got a Viper HS Long range 4x16x44 on my 243 and a Viper PA 6.5x20x44 on my 22-250. I love them Vortex!!!

Rock 8 twist 75gr amax 22-250 kimber montana

20121218_170900.jpg

Here's a pic I took back in mid-September. It was high noon and 105 degrees at the time. This cat was out snooping around on a prairie dog town looking for a quick meal. Unfortunately for him I know where he lives and on top of that cat season just opened!

bobcat2-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">been looking hard at the 2.5-10x44 for a hunting scope..

glad to know you are happy with them !</div></div>
I really like em. I'll bet it'll be a good un. I'll take the Viper HS's all day long over most scopes I've used that cost twice as much. They have plenty of eye relief and the turrets are true and repeatable as it gets.
You been layin a bunch of them big Wyoming yotes in the shade this winter?

coy1.jpg

my 1st of this season, nice female, shot at about 75yds DRT from a grendel bite : )

proof that coyotes have learned break dancing

Nothing came in last Saturday, but my 10yo daughter still had a blast out in the field with me. If hunting with your kids doesn't get you fired up, nothing will.

001-2_zps985687e6.jpg

Skinney laying the lead on another one. This time with a spot/stalk. Screen capture from some more great HD video.

spotkill_zps91f0408d.jpg

Skinney and I sending lead with the new coyote rifle by Chad Dixon at Long Rifles Inc

longriflesShooters_zps4dce4cfe.jpg

longriflesTripple_zps1ac45af1.jpg

First set of the day................single came in and grabbed the feather on a stick. I gave that one a KS handshake. Then a double came in and since they favored my area I dropped the first, partner dropped the second and I reassured it. Low and behold, a second double came in. We rolled them both. It will never happen again, but I will never forget this set.

What we were calling:
8D036DFE-FD3A-4667-95D6-B8C4A4166B4E-19005-000007B80D240135.jpg

The first two down: (my partners kid went with us, he is now spoiled). In this pic you can see the change in contour and foliage. This is where we blended in. Awesome to get eye level when you can.
944CFF98-61E7-405B-9D2D-0D009F898971-19005-000007B815F5D444-1_zps8e6abab4-1_zps7ea1bce8.jpg

This mornings 2nd dog, called in 5 coyotes in 3 sets all in about 1hours time. Another great morning.
ClarkCoLakeDog_zps321a8c36.jpg

Another good day but not many coyotes called. The first and only on some very good ground. My calling partners son took his first dog. Well worth it.
JacksfirstCoyote_zps280278e7.jpg

1-6-13Coyote_zpse9871f5e.jpg

With the snow still on, the coyotes are coming in good!

Couple from my Montana Trip in December
1357577720.jpg

One of a pair @350yds to the pup distress
1357577550.jpg

Called in from over 1200yds to 100yds on cottontail DSG
1357577490.jpg

1357577685.jpg

For the 1 mile pack out
1357577647.jpg

My pack mule with the double
1357577607.jpg

Old Maryland red @ 400yds

Mississippi Red, quartering in and lambasted by that little 17 fireball! 20grn accu-tip at about 130 yards. The Triji accupoints are some serious night shooting gear.

RedFox_zpsba078491.jpg

Cheers,
Breeze