• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

How do I order the DVD off of the website?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's one from just before I bagged him:

2400882803_5c8162abc1.jpg

Used a .17 HMR. Some say its underpowered for the task, but it's really all about distance and shot placement...

Used the hide to make a suitcase, a pair of boots and this really cool hat I wear to the local Jamaican festival. </div></div>

I don't suppose you have photos of the wound damage done to both of you
whistle.gif

Indeed... very nice picture Scott.

I went up to Kansas to visit a buddy and do some calling last week. We hunted two days and called some of the best looking stuff I have called other than in WY, and didn't call one freaking coyote. We were calling all WIHA land. So I don't know how much it gets called, but we went to some spots that were pretty out in the boonies hoping to get away from anything that might get called very much. We say fresh tracks pretty much everywhere we went, but I just don't know if there is the same population up there as there is in western OK. We drove well over 100 miles of dirt roads in the two days and only saw 1 coyote. That would never happen at home.

Next weekend, I'm going back to western OK where I know there are plenty of coyotes!

YES!!!
that is an amazing pic Sendero man, you sure got some pretty lookin coyotes and country, looks like your runnin a high dollar camera as well???

1020071854.jpg

1106061730.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

Top yote was taken with .338 lapua
middle was first coyote taken at 10yds with LR .308
Jr. with his first

Another big white female taken tonight...
bliefemale.jpg

they just keep dyin...
bliekill.jpg

Shot this wolf 2 weeks ago near a calving barn in central Idaho . 22-250 Arisaka with a Hart #5 . 40 gr v-max
DSCF6845.jpg

Longspring, how tall are you for reference of Wolf size?

I'm not familiar with the wolf population in the north. Can you give me some details about the hunt? Sure would love to drop one by the taxidermist some day... I'll live vicarious through you guys for now!

I'm 5'11" but leaning back a little . That wolf is 130#s and pretty large for the average up here . It happened to be a rather old dog at 8-10 years .

As for the hunt , I was up at a friends ranch scouting lion sign for a hound hunt when I ran onto this guys sign on a ridge road looking down on a calving barn . This guy had been crossing saddles from a big canyon on the back of the ranch and heading down brushy draws to the operation in the evenings and returning to the big canyon at night . He had apparently been on this schedule for a week when I caught on to him .

I sat on a knob at the base of the brushy draws below the crossover saddles that evening to glass . I spotted him trotting down a fence line at about 500yds headed to me so I cranked the glass up and waited . He stopped at 250 broadside to wind , but it was to late for him .

That is cool as hell...nice work Longspring

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longspring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm 5'11" but leaning back a little . That wolf is 130#s and pretty large for the average up here . It happened to be a rather old dog at 8-10 years .

As for the hunt , I was up at a friends ranch scouting lion sign for a hound hunt when I ran onto this guys sign on a ridge road looking down on a calving barn . This guy had been crossing saddles from a big canyon on the back of the ranch and heading down brushy draws to the operation in the evenings and returning to the big canyon at night . He had apparently been on this schedule for a week when I caught on to him .

I sat on a knob at the base of the brushy draws below the crossover saddles that evening to glass . I spotted him trotting down a fence line at about 500yds headed to me so I cranked the glass up and waited . He stopped at 250 broadside to wind , but it was to late for him . </div></div>

We got one coyote last night using a thermal scope...im going to start saving my pennies cause it IS a game changer
wink.gif

Going back out tonight and setup in a few places. Should be good..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got one coyote last night using a thermal scope...im going to start saving my pennies cause it IS a game changer
wink.gif

Going back out tonight and setup in a few places. Should be good.. </div></div>

what are you using ?

This one is from last season....I have not been able to do much hunting lately. This was one tuff kitty.

Take care,Stan

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PrlL71gtQc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PrlL71gtQc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

what rifle are you using, looks really nice

If you asking about mine from the bobcat video...it's a Tikka T3 Lite in .223. I added Roedale Precision bottom metal and milled the receiver so I can use AI mags with it. Nice light weight varmint rig.

Take care,Stan

Bgbmboo... nice cat. Hope all is well - have not seen your post in awhile.

Just been having other things going on in my world and not much time for hunting/shooting. Things should quiet down soon for me and maybe I can get back at it.

Take care,Stan

Nice work men, any cats out there?

This morning. 55 gr BlitzKings. Quietly.
010_crop3.jpg

i went to arizona thia past weekend to hunt with a buddy of mine. this was my first time calling in arizona! it was a blast. we ended up taking 5 coyotes on saturday. thats a great day to me!
azdog1.jpg

azdog2.jpg

here is my buddy ending the day with this nice male!
azdog3.jpg

congrats!!! Wish more of them had been taken.

skinny is that the viper or cobra ghillie in the pic above? cant decide if i want to buy one or make one in a similar fashion.

deadyote.jpg

17 Fireball kills @150yds+/-

greyfox1.jpg

greyfox2.jpg

Here at the hilltop buffet, it's open season all year long.
For you purists that want to commune with the critter before you blow it's G.D'ed head off please disregard this.

For you folks that are loosing your livestock to these assbags and don't mind baiting, use eggs. I'dve never believed the amount of interest that a dozen of half rotted and half good eggs generated. I'll killed varmints over this pile of eggs for week.

Cheers,
Breeze

Still 5+ months out and i'm already fired up. Thanks for the bump sendero man, i suppose i better contribute.

My first bobcat, 29 lb. male in 2004 if I remember right.

bobcatben2.jpg

We called this pretty female in to 7 yards, unfortunately it was about 3 days after the cat season had closed so my buddies camera was the only thing doing any shooting. She hung around for about 5 minutes so we got to enjoy a pretty good show, then poof, she sunk into the grass and was gone.

bobcat_1.jpg

219626_426906604026950_369250720_o.jpg

Last weekend i spotted a fox from my highseat, lasered him at 450m. Considered that to far for a shot out of the hightseat window, so i took my TRG22 and slowly stalked a bit closer, put the bipod up and lasered him this time at 172m. The fox was jumping up and down, probably hunting for mice, so i whisled once shortly, which made him stop and watch in my direction. Shot him behind his right shoulder, dead in his tracks, small entrance almost invisible, exit wound big enough for mij fist. Used .308w Ruag Styx.

It is predator season all year long! Even when hunting for spring turkeys. Thats how I finally got my first coyote this year.

2012-04-18075115.jpg

just a couple more [img:center]
double.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
vailpass10600.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
IMG_20120130_100309.jpg
[/img]

After seeing some of those huge volume pics my 17 kills in 2012 seem pretty weak.
Get out out and bust em

My Lion from this spring ( running 100yd shot) 223 ai

0850cb95.jpg

my bear from last week 223 ai

DSCN0482.jpg

Can't Wait... here are a couple from last year

19241_102125029815913_8095733_n.jpg

403830_353504024678011_1002130757_n.jpg

one I called in for a friend, his first song dog!
403154_353504108011336_1422787016_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ridge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Lion from this spring ( running 100yd shot) 223 ai

0850cb95.jpg

my bear from last week 223 ai

DSCN0482.jpg
</div></div>

cool.gif

10-5-123.jpg

Photo-0136.jpg

This was my second coyote of this season. 110gr Vmax @ 3200+. He pulled his own guts out. I found him like this, with his guts in his mouth.
Photo-0096.jpg

Photo-0142.jpg

9-22-20128_zps0e7439c1.jpg

First yote of the season. Taken early last month on a prairie dog hunting trip. I woke up before everyone and went out to call. We were tent camping and they were hollering all night. The guys who I was hunting with didn't really have experience with predator hunting and the only way I was gonna get one was to break away.

First shot was center mass. Second shot was when he was spinning at the wound. Hit em in the neck, bingo bango dead coyote.
101_1809_zpsf85a9d87.jpg

I'm heading up to Miller SD this weekend and hope to call some dogs after we limit out for the day on birds. Hows the fur this season so far?