• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Its been awhile since I posted a pic so hope it works....
Sons first coyote, we were blessed with a new home this spring and he soon started in with can I trap/shoot a coyote. I am not sure who was more happy him, me or my wife. He learned alot, made many mistakes(so did his teacher ;) ) but here it is. We are looking forward to many more.

Last edited:
I usually lay of the yotes when my mind is on deer season so the only shots I take right now are with the camera. Good timing for this guy or he'd of had a 105 Berger screaming his way. Soon...it's coming.

Time to start contributing something to this exellent thread...double delight from last season,got the first one,at the Gate running up the draw,(blood trail),went up a ways ,and called the second one in from the feed ground...Foxpro,Jeep,Rem 22-250,and yes I'm getting fired up!

Attachments

• hunting 003.jpg
    hunting 003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 31
  • hunting 007.jpg
    hunting 007.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 33
  • hunting 009.jpg
    hunting 009.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Getting into the predator hunting. And wondering what caliber you guys would recommend. 3-400 yards longest shots. More than likely all be under 200. Not saving pelts or anything like that. Looking for some input. Was thinking 204,223,243 or possibly 22-250.

Congrats to both of you. Awesome feeling watching and helping a new hunter!!! Good luck and Happy hunting this upcoming winter

Here's 3 I've killed since rifle deer season started. All of em were between 290 & 310 yards and were shot with my 25/300WSM.
This one took a 115 Berger a little low.

These 2 each got an 85 Ballistic Tip.

Ok Im a deer hunter, don't know too much about predator hunting. Let me prefice by saying I have no problem with wolf hunting b/c of the problems and danger they bring. I can see one or two yokes, but good grief, looks like some of you are killing an entire pack. Are these nuicance and destroying livestock or something? Are they posing the same risks as wolves? How about the cats? I mean your not eating em right? Are they killed for the pelts for some reason? Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but it kinda comes across excessive at some point.

I'm sorry, you are at SNIPERSHIDE, the crocheters hide is down the hall and to the LEFT.

I'm glad you like it.
I live and hunt in northern Bulgaria.
Per year,I shoot 20-30 foxes and jackals.Some hunters use thermal or night vision,have over 100.
I took this one,last hеavy winter with my Browning Bar-2,cal.9,3x62
16.jpg60.jpg
and fox,taken with my Savage 308win

Canis aureus L., 1758)

Jackal is significantly smaller than the wolf. Body length reaches 31-34 in. tail - up to 10-15 in and the height at the shoulder - up to 18-20 in Its weight is usually 26-30 pound, rarely more. Males are slightly larger than females
??? ?? ?????? - YouTube
Here you can hear them.
2.jpg

My good lady just put this cat down with her stevens 22-250. 'bout an 80 yard shot from the hayloft in the barn.

I had just driven in from helping dad cook for the seniors in Louisiana. She called me about 40 minutes out and told me she was watching a big bobcat behind one of our ponds, it was driving the geese and ducks nuts. She had my rifle and her's in the hayloft and get my ass home quick! Well, I got home and climbed my arse up into the barn. I couldn't see anything....she kept telling me where it was and I just couldn't see it. Finally, she just sighed and squeezed up on her rifle and shot. I saw the cat fall over, she hit him in the neck/shoulder area with a 50 grn Vmax. First cat taken on our place.

Cheers,
Breeze

oh yeah, 28 lbs; male.

Last edited:
Wyfox - very nice looking badger, did it come to a call?

No, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time while I was out predator hunting. I've killed many badgers and have yet to actually call one in.

Just after thanksgiving scored my first with my homemade e-caller, buddy shot him in the hind leg with a 22-250 and the 30-06 ended it.
yote_zps50464947.jpg

Saw that on your fb... That thing is badass! You've gotta get the hide done on that one...

Don't usually get going hardcore til after the new year but decided to get out and poke a few before then.

G
Good kill shot

The first of back to back doubles

Ok Im a deer hunter, don't know too much about predator hunting. Let me prefice by saying I have no problem with wolf hunting b/c of the problems and danger they bring. I can see one or two yokes, but good grief, looks like some of you are killing an entire pack. Are these nuicance and destroying livestock or something? Are they posing the same risks as wolves? How about the cats? I mean your not eating em right? Are they killed for the pelts for some reason? Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but it kinda comes across excessive at some point.

There are many reasons to kill coyotes.

The short answer is yes they cause problems for ranchers and cattle farmers. A cattle farmer I know who lives close by with a very small herd lost 3 calves in a month to coyotes, killing his entire year. In the east they've recently moved in and had a huge negative impact on deer fawn survival rates in some areas.

And even if it looks as if some packs are being decimated, there is virtually nothing that hunting does to their overall population. Hunting doesn't even begin to affect their overall numbers. Even locally, more coyotes will move in within weeks and establish themselves when others are killed.

You can read more coyote predation on fawns at Why Deer Hunters Should Be Coyote Hunters | horns and horns. As a deer hunter, you might even feel the desire to kill a few yourself after you read the science showing how negatively they can affect deer herds, especially in places where deer have never had to worry about coyotes.

Last edited:
There are many reasons to kill coyotes.

The short answer is yes they cause problems for ranchers and cattle farmers. A cattle farmer I know who lives close by with a very small herd lost 3 calves in a month to coyotes, killing his entire year. In the east they've recently moved in and had a huge negative impact on deer fawn survival rates in some areas.

And even if it looks as if some packs are being decimated, there is virtually nothing that hunting does to their overall population. Hunting doesn't even begin to affect their overall numbers. Even locally, more coyotes will move in within weeks and establish themselves when others are killed.

You can read more coyote predation on fawns at Why Deer Hunters Should Be Coyote Hunters | horns and horns. As a deer hunter, you might even feel the desire to kill a few yourself after you read the science showing how negatively they can affect deer herds, especially in places where deer have never had to worry about coyotes.

very well said! also the same can go for cats. you might not think a cat will take down a deer fawn or yearling, but they have no problem doing so. the cats also take out turkey and here in California, the quail numbers have been down due to coyote and bobcat. cat pelts to make for nice wall hangers and mounts.

Went out and had one of the coolest call stand in years ! :cool:

The female showed up at 207 yards on a fallen cottonwood log, she just sat there looking around, so I shot her.

I called a little bit more and this male came outta the creek bottom at 159 yards with half a cottontail in its mouth.

Shows ya how well that FOXPRO sound works ;)

IMG_2575_2_.jpg