• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PIG Skins Barricade Pad is here...

AMTeam4

O317
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
Kansas City
stores.hogsaddle.com
***Promo discount ended October 1st.***
Link to web store: PIG Skins Barricade Pad - Hog Saddle

The PIG Skins Barricade Pad is here...

A rifle skid pad designed to reduce the effects of recoil while firing from hard surfaces. Keeps your scope on target for verification of bullet placement and for rapid follow-up shots. Allows a shooter to load into their rifle, due to the added grip surface of the barricade pad.
The PIG Skins replace the need to drag around a sand sock while firing from expedient, elevated positions such as hard cover and barricades.

-Economic design and price point
-Made of a recoil reducing urethane that is extremely UV resistant (same material used on our HOG & PIG Saddle units)
-High quality, time tested Velcro brand used
-Comes with two extra Velcro loop adhesive pads that easily adhere to any stock finish
-Manufactured in the USA with American materials
-War Veteran owned small business

Available in two sizes:
6” x 1.5"
4.5" x 1.5"

DSCN2264__48228.1410385374.1280.1280.JPG

DSCN2262__97458.1410363652.1280.1280.JPG

double_crop__48535.1410363736.1280.1280.jpg

double_crop2__33247.1410363809.1280.1280.jpg

double_crop3__99043.1410363936.1280.1280.jpg

double_crop4__62060.1410363965.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
Right now the only color offered is Patriot Brown w/ Coyote Brown Velcro. Other color options might be available down the road but no time soon.

A rail mounted version is in the works. Until then, the pads stick pretty good to picatinny rails. Or you could stick them to a flat rail cover such as the Ergo Slimline Rail Covers.
I've had good results sticking mine to bare keymod rails on an AX chassis as well.

Thank you for the discounts. I got two of each plus a sling. With shipping that's $108 on stuff I did not know I needed when I got out of bed this morning.

Great looking product - going to order a couple. Any chance of a keymod version coming out along with your picatinny railed version? Would be an awesome addition to the Seekins SP3R forend.

Last edited:
Do have some with no Velcro? I would rather have it be attached with adhesive. And not have the slight movement that Velcro has.

I'm going to forego the velcro myself and mount it on a rail cover as suggested

You can custom request the pads without Velcro.
That being said, the Velcro is going to help with absorbing recoil a bit.

Maybe I'll velcro it to a rail cover for the best of both worlds!

I received these this morning. I had limited time, but I could not help myself. I had to put one on my new AXMC and hit the barricade with it. I fired 40 rounds from multiple positions. The Pig Skin pad worked out very well. The added grip is very nice. It absorbs some of the "bounce" you can sometimes get when resting on a hard surface. It's not often that a product comes along that is less than $10 and will actually help improve your shooting. I will have these on every rifle I own.

Sticking the velcro to one of the older KAC panels would work well for the picatinny user.

The PIG Skins won't contour around a tube chassis. They will work fine but won't look as pretty as on a flatter stock.
If I was running a PIG Skin on a tube rifle, I'd keep the skin stuck to my kit or day pack (anywhere where there is loop Velcro real estate) and throw it on the rifle when needed.

I've got some plans drawn up. Being a one man show, my time and resources can be limited sometimes. No date yet for the rail/keymod versions.

***Seven days left for the PIG Skins Barricade Pad sale. Take advantage of it while you can.

I'm ordering a couple!

ETA Dang it, saw the loop sling you guys make.. decided I need one of those too...

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the AI KeySlot used on their stock systems is not made to the same TDP as the Vltor-designed KeyMod so accessories aren't perfectly cross compatible.

I'm about to order one of these for sure. I have a quick question though addressed to anyone who knows. What type of stock is shown in the bottom two pics? The ones with the adjustable everything.

I'm about to order one of these for sure. I have a quick question though addressed to anyone who knows. What type of stock is shown in the bottom two pics? The ones with the adjustable everything.

The one on the left is a KRG Whisky-3 chassis, one on the right is a Cadex chassis.

The PIG Skins won't contour around a tube chassis. They will work fine but won't look as pretty as on a flatter stock.
If I was running a PIG Skin on a tube rifle, I'd keep the skin stuck to my kit or day pack (anywhere where there is loop Velcro real estate) and throw it on the rifle when needed.

How about trimming the sides so there wouldn't be so much that needed to be wrapped (i.e I have a LMT LM8 that I may try cutting thinner)?

Bought 4, thanks! Plan on using this in conjunction with Kasey's SILO.

Got mine put on today and took it to the range. Worked good. Nice product.

Looks like a very usable product. Might have to pick one up and give it a try.

How about trimming the sides so there wouldn't be so much that needed to be wrapped (i.e I have a LMT LM8 that I may try cutting thinner)?

Bought 4, thanks! Plan on using this in conjunction with Kasey's SILO.

If there is a big enough interest, I could make a one inch wide version that would be more of a streamline fit for tube and keymod chassis.

Dang I missed the promo boat! was trying to get the measurement on my HS-P stock to order the right size. These look very interesting.

These are good products. I received several comments on the one I had on my rifle this weekend at the PRS finale. I wish I had 2 more of them.

If there is a big enough interest, I could make a one inch wide version that would be more of a streamline fit for tube and keymod chassis.

Little outside of design intentions but, could this product be used to enhance cheek weld/height for an M110 stock?