• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Pocket Holster Ideas for a Kel-Tec P32/ Ruger LCP?

nw911guy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2010
Puyallup, Washington
Well, Its close to time to change out the Kel-tec for an LCP (since I've noticed they're almost identical in size). The crap ass Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster(came with the Kel-Tec and I'm new to pocket carry) needs to go as well. Just doesn't do a good enough job to keep it from printing. So I thought I'd see what ideas your guys might have. I have to practice more discretionary carry than I can get away with when carrying a 5" Gov't Model.

Re: Pocket Holster Ideas for a Kel-Tec P32/ Ruger LCP?

I carry my P3AT in a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. It's cheap, and very flexible in how you want to carry it. It's ambi and has two parts to it. One part is the actual holster that holds the pistol, the other is an "anti-print" flap that is held on the spine via velcro. The flap is removable obviously and can be flipped to make it work for right or left hand pockets.

I personally only use the flap when carrying it in my rear pockets, as it is a little too wide to carry in the front pocket with the panel intact. In the rear pocket it looks like a wallet.

Unless I am wearing really tight pants, (never happens! :p) it pretty much disappears in the front pockets without the flap, and doesn't really print at all. Considering most people carry cell phones these days a small pocket bulge goes completely unnoticed.

The outside of it is made of a somewhat rubbery, tacky feeling material to help grip the inside of your pocket. (And no it isn't actually sticky at all). It also has a panel that extends down and fills in the gap that would be at the front of the holster, this keeps it from rotating in the pocket and gives something to help use your fingers against to aid in your draw.

For the price paid, it's a great holster! I am sure the custom leather crafters out there make a much superior product, but when it comes to easy to get (IE: not wait months for), highly functional, and very acceptable price point, there really isn't much I have found to compete with it.

Now all that said, may I ask why you think you should change out your Kel-tec for the LCP? Not only are they "almost identical in size" they are almost identical period. I'm not busting your balls, just curious why you feel one needs replaced by the other..

Desantis Superfly @ Midway

That's what I was hoping for. Leather seems like a good choice, but the biggest thing is likely to be the flap to keep the printing down. I tend to carry in a rear pocket.

I was considering the LCP simply for the caliber upgrade. I hadn't realized how close the P32 was to the LCP when I got it. For some reason I was thinking the p380 and LCP were an 1/8" thicker but clearly I was wrong. lol

My LCP is on me 24/7, in my research it seemed the Talon Wallet Holster was the best out at the time. So I grabbed one in black and havent looked back. I also bought a Raven Concealment neck holster, its not bad but I dont care for when I bend over how it hangs away from the body or bounces around when doing something. But, it is another part of the CC kit and helps with the options.

You know Hunter, that is one thing I can say, the diminutive little Kel-Tec is always with me along side my E2D LED and 2 Spyderco Tenacious folders (arguably one of the best folding knife bargains going).

I do like that pocket holster though. That's slick.

I use the Desantis Superfly pocket holster. Could be a little better fit, as the P32 tends to ride a little lower than it should.. but could be from carry use and break-in. Cheap and effective though.

the question is, where do I get a holster for my pocket rocket?

Not a pocket holster, but I have use a Smartcarry holster. It may not be the fastest to draw, but if I'm getting mugged, there are probably better options than Billy kidding the guy.

Anyhow, I carry at work and school where carrying getting caught can be a big deal (though legal) so concealment is #1 and something that I ALWAYS have on me.

I started with a Berretta Tomcat, then to a p3at, and now a PM9. All work great and I've never been noticed.

Just another option:
http://smartcarry.com/

The testimonials are impressive.

Regards,
Nate

I use a holster called the Holdster. I have one for each of my Keltecs. I do not have one for my CLP yet and I dont know if he currently makes one. I do know that he will make you whatever you want but you may need to send the pistol to him. Note: the trigger is exposed so I do not carry using this holster with a round in the chamber. http://www.angelfire.com/realm/mattgeissal/Holdster.html

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Stealth, interesting thought, but the back pocket is slower than I like, say nothing of underwear carry.

I have carried a P32 [Kel-tec 32acp] for years until the P3AT [Kel-Tec 380]came out and then I carried that for years, and now I am carrying an LCP [Ruger 380].

I have come to love the shirt pocket carry.

The P32 and P3AT Kel-Tecs have a clip accessory that really helps.
The PF9 Kel-Tec [9mm] has a clip that is no help for the shirt pocket.

I don't know about the LCP yet.
I have ammo I handloaded for the P3AT that did 1100 fps 90 gr Gold Dot, but it is a hair too long to feed in the LCP.

The LCP seems to have more case support and could take even hotter ammo, but it is going to have to be shorter.

Yeah, my consideration of the LCP was primarily based on the idea of a larger caliber in the same size gun. The fact that it is probably better made than the equivalent Kel-Tec product is an added bonus. That said, my .32 runs like a top.

All three 380 pistols are light weight, the Kel-Tec being the lightest at 8.3 ounces unloaded, and the other two around 10 ounces unloaded.

The prices look like:
1) Kel-Tec P3AT 380 $318 retail
2) Ruger 380 LCP $364 retail
3) KAHR 380 $650 retail

The only problem I have had with the P3AT is the mag release button getting accidentally pushed by my body pressing the pistol against hard objects.

I have had no problems with the LCP in the week I have had it.
I really like the laser, but I have not had to replace the battery yet. There are lots of small things that are easy to like, until I try to replace the battery.

I do not have a Kahr.