• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Posa Slide & Lock

Doc1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
Orlando, FL
I am looking for scope mounting solutions for an AI rifle. Someone suggested the USO - Posa Slide & Lock instead .... So, though this post is labeled "Posa Slide & Lock," which mounting solution do you find most enjoyable.

The search feature did not bring up too much on this topic. Thanks in advance for your experience in words.

Re: Posa Slide & Lock

I've got two of them and they're great for AR's but sitting @ 1.25" high they're WAY too high for a bolt gun, IMHO. Just get a good set of seekins and a torque wrench. It doesn't really take much longer to mount on/off to the gun once the scope is secured in the rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got two of them and they're great for AR's but sitting @ 1.25" high they're WAY too high for a bolt gun, IMHO. Just get a good set of seekins and a torque wrench. It doesn't really take much longer to mount on/off to the gun once the scope is secured in the rings.

</div></div>Robert,

Thanks for your reply. That is what I was thinking as well - just a good set of rings. I had not even paid attention to the height yet of the PSL. That kind of makes the decision for me ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got two of them and they're great for AR's but sitting @ 1.25" high they're WAY too high for a bolt gun, IMHO. Just get a good set of seekins and a torque wrench. It doesn't really take much longer to mount on/off to the gun once the scope is secured in the rings.

</div></div>

Just what I wanted to know, I wanted to go with LaRue but they don't have anything to fit my scope. Posa for the AR-10 then.