• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Precision Rifle Match Sun, Nov 7 Liberty Hill, TX

Scarruth

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2005
Austin, TX
www.texasmultigun.com
Hey there,

Texas Multigun will be hosting a precision rifle match this Sunday at the Best of the West Range in Liberty Hill, TX. Approximate round counts are 40 rounds rifle and 80 rounds pistol. Shots will be of a known distance but very challenging, max distance will be 750yds. Two divisions will be recognized, Auto and Manual. USPSA safety rules will apply however scoring will be IMGA. Stages will be dynamic requiring movement and weapon transitions. It's going to be a great match, come and join us. Match fee is $30

range location and more info at: Texas Multigun

Re: Precision Rifle Match Sun, Nov 7 Liberty Hill, TX

Sounds good. If I can get one of my partners to carpool I'll be there.

Jason

Hey Ross , I'm not sure . I was gonna ask the same question.

signup starts at 9am and the match should conclude no later than 2 or 3 pm. The match is this Sunday and I might have a loaner rifle or two for those that need one. I'll definitely have a pistol or two as well.

I have 30 left from cawthorn that Dustin checked for me. That means I only have 10 possible duds to load! Ha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 30 left from cawthorn that Dustin checked for me. That means I only have 10 possible duds to load! Ha! </div></div>
Well dont put powder in those 10 and I might have a chance at getting close to half your score! lol.

I didnt get to make it either. We had both our vehicles break down on us on Saturday. I got my truck fixed(broke the front drive shaft) but after that I just didnt feel like driving to Austin so I said screw it.

It was a good event for the maiden voyage of tactical competitions at this new range. Shelton and Marcy put on a great competition with what resources they had. Lots of running and some challenging shots (750 yard shot off a crumbling dirt hill was rather challenging). Pistol shots from two feet to 25 yards, rifle shots from 30 yards to 750 yards. Not a huge turn out but hopefully more will show in the upcoming events.
IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Shelton is still new to the game. I am sure once they run a few more matches the word will get out.

Also they are planning on running the TX state Mulitgun championship at this range next year.

Hey Pete, I am directing the LaRue/TX Multigun Championship in April. The low turnout could be attributed to the NRA 3 gun the day before in San Antonio. We lost a few guys to that match. Also there was some confusion about the calendar and the range staff told a few people the match was not scheduled. My mistake. We are working on more props to make it a challengin match. I was worried that the shots wouldn't be challenging enough and well they were. Only 1 competitor hit the 750 yard target and he did this with a 5.56 AR. It was windy but in a swirly oddball pattern that wreaked havoc on a lot of shooter's dope. I encourage you guys to give it a shot. It's a great platform to hone both pistol and rifle skills...oh and cardiovascular condition as well.

The stages were tough and there was some running involved for ~ 30-40 yards (each way:). It was a great match and I highly suggest anyone with a scoped rifle capable of getting out to ~ 750 yards come out next month. BTW the overall winner of the match used a scoped (Nikon scope I think) 223/556 AR and cleaned our clocks with it. He made all of his hits at ~470 and 735yds.

These will be the 1st Sunday of the month (next one is Dec 5th) at the Best of the West range in Liberty Hill (http://texasshootingrange.com/)

Here are the stages (If it asks for a PW: CTTG2010):

Stage 1:

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

some pics
BOTW-Precision037.jpg

BOTW-Precision022.jpg

BOTW-Precision023.jpg

BOTW-Precision012.jpg

I am pretty bummed that I missed this-

some guy named Zack at BOTW-texas shooting range denied that they were having this match. OTW I would have been there with at least one other guest
mad.gif

I showed up to for the match today, but apparently it was cancelled. Oh well, maybe next month. The range was sure nice though. Hope they can get this match running again, because I think a monthly match like this has alot of potential.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silvery37</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the long range shots were the distance given out before the stage?</div></div>
Only if you had a range finder.....