Preferred barrel blanks (the company)

Tremor3Guy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2019
Ya I’m waiting on some matchburners to come in the mail that I’ll do competition load work ups with. I’m hopeful that those will perform well. I did the MTU contour at 26”. And my speeds noticeably jumped from the first 100 to the last 100. I saw about 50 FPS increase with the same powder charge yesterday. I’ll let you guys know when I get some good load data up.
Mine was almost identical. Shots 95-100 were about 60fps faster than 70-75. I think I sped up another 20 around 350

DRichardson

Private
Belligerents
Aug 26, 2017
Acworth, GA
So far my barrel ( 24 inch .900 straight taper 6mm creedmoor, origin prefit) has been been very accurate and has sped up 30fps in around 200 rounds.

A buddy and I went to Arena Training Facility in Blakley, GA this weekend, and for no experience shooting a lot over 800 yards I was getting hits consistently out to 1250 and even managed to connect at 1502 and 1720 ( that was realistically as much luck as any part of the barrel or shooter though, the winds were kind of weird on Saturday when we were there, with the atmospheric conditions we weren't seeing any trace, and 6mm bullets don't show much impact on misses that far.)

Attachments

JesseB81

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
I have a PBB .243AI and a .223 and both shoot as good as my Bartleins.

pheerles

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2019
Received my PBB barrel about a month and a half ago. Still have not shot it because I'm waiting for my optic. Details on the rifle below, will provide updates hopefully soon on how it shoots.

Defiance Ruckus, 338 Lapua Magnum, .750" bolt dia
1:8 twist (supposedly fine for the 275gr monometal bullets that I will try sooner or later if I can source some N570)
26", .900" taperless, 5R, shouldered - I'm told my action was to be used to get the headspacing for Ruckus LA prefits and a new page would be brought up for these specific actions. Theoretically they'll also work for the anTi and Tenacity actions as those dimensions are claimed to be identical.

Relevant info, agnostic of barrel:

MCS DBM LA Mini Chassis, pre-bedded in a EH1A
TriggerTech Special
MBM Ti 5-port Beast

After break-in, I will be working up a load with Badlands Precision Super Bulldozer 240gr, with VVN560, Lapua brass, GM215M primers. Target MV is 3100 if I can get away with it without signs of pressure. Will seat .030" off the lands to start with, hoping the SBD's are not too sensitive to depth.

Barrel was confirmed to be correct twist, and borescoping showed the bore and rifling to be very good (opinion based, I know). I understand that it needs to shoot before I can make any judgement, but I'm very happy with them from what I have experienced first-hand. They're doing great work.

ruckus.jpeg

Last edited:

DacianMH

Halmagenius
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
Finally got a chance to breathe and go shoot tonight. I loaded up and shot the last 100 rounds of my planned 200 round break in on my 6 GT barrel. Most of the 100 wasn’t a serious competition load. I had some StaBall laying around from another caliber and used that along with various bullets to quickly get to the 200 round count without using my reserves of H4350 I’m saving for competition loads. Some of the powder and bullet combos worked well, some were hit and miss. Here are the best groups of the afternoon. View attachment 7411501View attachment 7411502View attachment 7411503View attachment 7411504
It should tighten up as the barrel wears in.This has been my experience with their barrels

Reactions: BoulderE89

archangel485

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018
WY
I remember when they were fairly new, I could get a barrel in several week (2-3). When they can fulfill orders again in that time frame is when I’ll reconsider them in the future. It’s interesting how a poster here said they’d be willing to wait for something they paid because it’s so good...makes no sense when Barrel turners are now a dime a dozen. It’s not like PBB won any matches or titles to their name that I’m aware of. What I don’t like about their taperless contours is that the shanks are so long making it hard to use anything other than chassis stocks without modifying. The last few barrels I ordered from them I specifically ordered without their large lasered PBB logo and stupidly canted caliber and twist markings. (They really need to get rid of that whoever came up with that, it looks like shit) and I really think they need to offer a better crown option because the ones they’ve been sending appear a little off. I have about 4 of their barrels. A 6Dasher that I got in 2 1/2 weeks after ordering which shoots very well but have since had PVA rechamber to 6GT, a 6.5 Grendel which took an awfully long 4 months to get but also shoots well. The 1st 224 Valkyrie I ordered they goofed the twist rate and sent me a 1/8 twist instead of a 1/7 twist but they did offer to buy it back I’ll give them that even though I had to pay return shipping. Lost time and money there. Then I finally ordered a 224 Valkyrie 6.5 twist which took about 5 weeks to get and it’s finally really started to shoot 400 rds in. Logan, their resident CS and everything else guy is a bit awkward socially...very flat affect. I’ve since moved to Patriot Valley Arms as Joe and Josh are very good at speaking to your concerns and they average 3 - 4 weeks on orders with amazing machine work. All of my PVA’s are a work of art. All of my PVA’s outshoot the PBB’s so I suspect part of that is the machining capability of the individual operator as both do button pull barrels but PVA also offers cut-rifled if you’re willing to pay for it.
You're getting PVA barrels in 3-4 weeks average? I'm curious because I got one not long ago and I like you also love it but it took right at 10 weeks.

bassmaster07

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2018
You're getting PVA barrels in 3-4 weeks average? I'm curious because I got one not long ago and I like you also love it but it took right at 10 weeks.
ordered one a few months ago from PVA. 2 weeks + shipping from order....but sounds like storms and sickness has them a little slower right now.

archangel485

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018
WY
ordered one a few months ago from PVA. 2 weeks + shipping from order....but sounds like storms and sickness has them a little slower right now.
Wow, wish mine had gone that well. I ordered one middle of May and received late July. I do need another barrel so deciding who to go with on the next one.