• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price Check in the Gas and Diesel Aisle...

I think the big question is what comes first - a crushing economic collapse, or the US runs the SPR dry?

It would not surprise me to see the price hit $200 and $50 in the next 12 months. It'd take the right combination of policy errors by politicians and bankers, but they've pulled it off before (once again, I implore everyone to go study the 2006-'09 peak-and-crash cycle).

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I think the big question is what comes first - a crushing economic collapse, or the US runs the SPR dry?

It would not surprise me to see the price hit $200 and $50 in the next 12 months. It'd take the right combination of policy errors by politicians and bankers, but they've pulled it off before (once again, I implore everyone to go study the 2006-'09 peak-and-crash cycle).
Remember in school... We read about how it took a wheel barrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread in one of the foreign countries ?
I think the crushing economic collapse will come first...

Remember in school... We read about how it took a wheel barrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread in one of the foreign countries ?
I think the crushing economic collapse will come first...

Or when at the same times, the muggers would mug you, dump the cash out of the wheelbarrow and run off with the wheelbarrow

• Haha
Reactions: babyguppy
I can remember once gas hit $1.00/ gallon, the pumps weren't set up for it. So, some gas stations set the gas price to $0.50 per gallon and you paid double that which was on the pump.

Reactions: MtnCreek
I can remember once gas hit $1.00/ gallon, the pumps weren't set up for it. So, some gas stations set the gas price to $0.50 per gallon and you paid double that which was on the pump.
I remember that a convenience store would not take anything larger than a $20 for gas purchases.... They did not want to have to open the safe.

Well, the last time barrel of oil started going over 150, the frackers moved in. Gov was unable to shut most frackers down, due to drilling on private property. (Obama wasn't able to pull any leases or slow walk stuff)
when oil dropped to the 30's; a lot of Frackers lost their butts. I was never able to find, who bought all the frackers fields. I'm wondering (I haven't seen much on the news) what's going on in the Dakota's fracking fields.
Side Note -
Saudia Arabia (SA) was successful in shutting down (paying local people to picket and lobby) England's Nuclear power plant and converting to Natural Gas. Now, Saudia Arabia supplies the Natural Gas to England and England is no longer as self-sufficient. People of England lose, the Rich don't GAF.
SA was paying Hollywood to protest Fracking to try the same crap here in the USA.

As the Asian markets open on their Monday morning:
WTI Crude • 93.11+0.05+0.05%
Brent Crude • 100.9-0.09-0.09%
Bump up

WTI Crude94.19+1.13+1.21%

NIKKEI 225 INDEX
(Nihon Keizai Shimbun:N225)​

Ripple effect... That was quick
snapshot_chart_api.asp

Last edited:
I’m 90 octane or better, I just don’t look anymore

“Durp, gas is down”

Yeah but it was half as much less than 600 days ago, I swear some folks have the memory of a goldfish

Only the Demwits look at it that way.
Which way?

On my smaller stuff my biggest tank is 15G, bikes are under 5G so fuck it

But ultimately even at 3gal we are waaaaay overpaying

I blow more money on dumber shit, but yeah I’m getting fucked on gas, it’s a straight rip off

Which way?

On my smaller stuff my biggest tank is 15G, bikes are under 5G so fuck it

But ultimately even at 3gal we are waaaaay overpaying

I blow more money on dumber shit, but yeah I’m getting fucked on gas, it’s a straight rip off
The problem is not the members here... We are not a blip on the radar... The problem is the mega users like ocean going ships, freight hauling airplanes, locomotives, 18 wheelers.... And then it is the fertilizer manufacturer's, the gas fired power plants and the largest industrial consumers in the world. Even the person who only owns a bicycle is going to be in a world of hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboTrout
Strange that with the BP fire, gas in my area dropped 10 cents to $3.65.9.
There is a bit of lag time from the price of oil today to the time it is pumped into your vehicle. Could have been bought when the price of oil was down. As we speak:
WTI Crude • 96.91 -0.10-0.10%
Brent Crude • 105.1 +4.10

“Realistically I think we need to use oil and gas in the short term, because otherwise civilization will crumble. One of the biggest challenges the world has ever faced is the transition to sustainable energy and to a sustainable economy,” he said. “That will take some decades to complete,” Musk told reporters at a conference in Norway on Monday.

I'm sure Putin is laughing

Russians will just say no sale.
Then sit back and laugh as European idiots start to freeze to death
The Arabs will ratchet the price of oil sky high, then buy Russian Oil under the table so they can sell every drop they can pump at top dollar.
Chinese and the rest of the world will be like thanks but we are liking the cheaper Russian Oil.

They are like, well we won't insure your ships
Russians are like, who cares you weren't going to pay us any claims anyways so cheaper for us, someone starts hijacking our ships, we just torpedo them for fun.

The Oil companies will be laughing all the way to the bank while the common working class folks shiver and starve.

$2.94 in Lawton today. With the Sammy's Club 5% rebate its getting better but "never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up." B.O.

Old PedoJoe is trying his best. Gas has gone down another few cents just before a National Holiday. Usually, gas will increase a few cents but instead it's down 3 cents today.

I’m firmly of the belief that all bullish analysts are either wrong or lying. I believe they are so removed from main street America, that they have no idea how broke people are.

A lot of my canaries are dying, and what’s in the news does not add up.

However, I still continue to buy the S&P and Apple every month, and rebuilt long positions in cruise lines when NCLH was in the $10’s and CCL was in the $8’s.

Lambos or food stamps. Which will it be, lol?

SA has us and the world by the balls. Under Trump, with the frackers, SA keep pumping to try to bankrupt them (probably buy their wells). Now, with Joe in charge, they can go back to keeping the prices high.
also, Russia is on board with SA as well.

• Sad