• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price Check in the Gas and Diesel Aisle...

Good ole Los Angeles

Attachments

• AC51C1D2-C560-4EC9-A35D-60057376EFEC.jpeg
    AC51C1D2-C560-4EC9-A35D-60057376EFEC.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
$4.25 in South Florida at Costco, $4.50 at every other station.

phoenix, 87 octane.. 4.79 89=4.99 and 91-5.29 a gallon
sam's club 4.59 and 4.99 (91 octane) - if you don't mind waiting 20 minutes to save a couple of bucks.

phoenix, 87 octane.. 4.79 89=4.99 and 91-5.29 a gallon
sam's club 4.59 and 4.99 (91 octane) - if you don't mind waiting 20 minutes to save a couple of bucks.

The wife stops and shops at Costco and then get gas there. She has a car with a turbo, so she needs the high octane. She doesn't mind sitting a few minutes to save about 40 cents per gallon. I usually stoop by BJ's if I'm in the area. If not, I'll stop at Sunoco.

Reactions: NoDopes
Noticing just about every station around here is reluctant to break the $4 barrier for regular. Many that used to be $0.10-$0.20 apart are all clinging to $3.99, except Costco/Sams/BJ's which are all in the $3.60's. I only buy from Costco, I have two within about 10 minutes from me.

Around here $4.15 to $4.19 for regular seems to be the way for just about everyone

5.15.22 phoenix
Sams.. 87- 4.69 91-5.09
sams is usually 20 cents cheaper than everyone else. (except costco)
Now.. cheveron on the other hand.. wow
chev 87 - 5.49 91 - 5.99
gas buddy - link

Last edited:
Regular 4 cylinder.

It's a shame that America turned its back on the normal passenger sedan. Most "midsize" sedans (air quotes because they have more usable interior room than my '96 Impala SS) can obtain mileage in the mid-30s, and most compacts can do low-/mid-40s from conventional gasoline powertrains. You'll spend about $0.10-0.15/mile on fuel, a few more pennies each mile on service and maintenance costs (tires likely being the biggest item on that list over the first 200,000 miles), and then whatever it costs to insure this relatively inexpensive vehicle. That's a pretty darn good deal for safe, reliable transportation.

Reactions: Average guy
Regular 4 cylinder.
Is that an instantaneous mpg at 55 mph cruising? It has to be. No way is that average mpg over 300 miles of mixed driving in a non-hybrid Camry. My 2020 Corolla with the standard 1.8L only gets upper 20's in mixed driving. I may touch 30mpg if I get lucky, but 45...nah.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
I've got pics from rentals I had in Europe where my current mpg on the motorway was just over 100.

Larger gallons, but still. This was typical for highway cruising. Note the speed - 75mph. I typically only needed gas once, before returning the rental back near the airport. 800-1000 miles or so. I was still in Wales with about 150 miles to go back to Heathrow when this pic was taken.

Here's one:
IMG_8336.JPG

Last edited:
Central Illinois
87 Octane - $4.75 per gallon
93 Octane - $5.45 per gallon
Diesel - $5.20 per gallon

My 2005 VW Jetta 5 speed Manual DIESEL (BEW engine) , it would get 40 mpg with AC; 45 without AC, and 50MGP; on the interstate at 2400 RPMs (70 mph); the six speeds allowed 5 - 8 more mph at the top end for the same fuel economy.
ahh the days when Diesel was 1.89 and I could drive 500 miles on 20 dollars.
you want the manuals, those things are bullet proof. I had 289,000 on that engine when I sold it. (due to major family crisis). I wished I could of kept it.
Too bad Toyota doesn't make a hybrid with a VW diesel engine. That would be a car!!

I have a 2006 Jetta with the BRM 1.9 L engine and the DSG 6 speed auto transmission. Drove from SW Oregon to SW Missouri and back last fall and averaged over 40 mpg doing 75+ mph. Has 235K miles on it now. Did replace the camshaft at 190k miles and did an ERG delete at the time.

Have a 2017 Silverado with the 5.3 engine. Drove to bay area of California last month. 1450 miles, cruising at about 75 on the freeway and round trip averaged 20.5 mpg. Does only 14 mpg when towing my boat. LOL.

Reactions: babyguppy
It's a shame that America turned its back on the normal passenger sedan. Most "midsize" sedans (air quotes because they have more usable interior room than my '96 Impala SS) can obtain mileage in the mid-30s, and most compacts can do low-/mid-40s from conventional gasoline powertrains. You'll spend about $0.10-0.15/mile on fuel, a few more pennies each mile on service and maintenance costs (tires likely being the biggest item on that list over the first 200,000 miles), and then whatever it costs to insure this relatively inexpensive vehicle. That's a pretty darn good deal for safe, reliable transportation.

Yep and when you go to resell them it's harder to move and you get less.
I was selling a very nice 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid 4 door Sedan that would easily get 40+ mpg and 50 mpg with careful driving
Nobody seemed to be interested because everybody wanted a big vehicle, so I wound up trading it in at the dealership for a good price.

I had to get a bigger vehicle to fit the dogs going to their vet appointments and such.

I’m not selling. It’s always good to have a gas sipper around.

Too bad Toyota doesn't make a hybrid with a VW diesel engine. That would be a car!!

Diesel hybrid generally makes very little sense for passenger vehicles. It's a bad mix from a technology standpoint and it combines two expensive technologies, so you get very little bang-for-the-buck.

Diesels in general for passenger cars are a poor allocation of resources. Yeah, you can take a 42 MPG sedan up to 50+, but doing so actually doesn't save much fuel in absolute terms. Save the heavier distillates for things that need it (trucks, ag, construction, etc.) and use gasoline in cars.

2079F01A-737C-4CB4-9672-4AF68C044A56.jpeg
Ignace Ontario canada this morning. Priced per litre lol

Last edited:
10$ ish a gallon for diesel, you’d think I’m in Europe. People/politicians don’t care or are ignorant to know everything comes by truck

My 2005 VW Jetta 5 speed Manual DIESEL (BEW engine) , it would get 40 mpg with AC; 45 without AC, and 50MGP; on the interstate at 2400 RPMs (70 mph); the six speeds allowed 5 - 8 more mph at the top end for the same fuel economy.
ahh the days when Diesel was 1.89 and I could drive 500 miles on 20 dollars.
you want the manuals, those things are bullet proof. I had 289,000 on that engine when I sold it. (due to major family crisis). I wished I could of kept it.

My 2019 Accord 1.5 6MT gets 38 - 42 mpg on my 30 mile daily commute on two lane roads at 60 mph, and about 35 mpg at 75 - 80 mph on the freeway.

It also has about 50% more interior volume, out accelerates half the cars on the road, would leave your TDI for dead, runs nearly silently, handles on rails (@Gustav7 can confirm) and starts instantly no matter how cold it gets.

I drive a '21 Subaru Crosstrek, 2.5l engine. This is my second one, I cover a lot of miles for work, and needed either AWD or 4WD. Prices of trucks/jeeps and gas mileage drove me away from them. I get about 34mpg averaging 80mph in flat country, and around 29-30mpg here in the mountains. And it'll fit 8 52" rifle cases and all the stuff needed for two shooters for a weekend trip.

Reactions: 308pirate
I have a trailer hitch on my Camry and pull a trailer holding up to 750 lbs. get about 20-23 MPG doing that. Big truck only gets fired up for truck shit .

Reactions: 308pirate
I towed my camper up to a shoot this weekend. Averaged about 8mpg. Was an expensive trip.

Just wait until all those city slickers who bought motor homes during Covid to “escape” decide they can’t afford to drive them anywhere and they dump them for a loss; that’s what they get for voting for Brandon. Idiots would would probably vote for him again too. Could be a good time to buy coming up if this keeps up as long as it looks like it will.

Well, there is a bright side to the new fuel prices. All these fucking over-landers will be sitting at home or headed to the dealership lots.

Just wait until all those city slickers who bought motor homes during Covid to “escape” decide they can’t afford to drive them anywhere and they dump them for a loss; that’s what they get for voting for Brandon. Idiots would would probably vote for him again too. Could be a good time to buy coming up if this keeps up as long as it looks like it will.
Those scumbags are saying FJB isn't the one controlling the fuel prices.

Somehow it's Trumps fault.