• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Problem with Timney 510 not firing

Blk00ss

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2013
So I installed a timney 510 a couple of months ago. Took it out and fired it a dozen or so times. Everything work fine and the trigger is very nice and crisp.

Fast forward a few weeks and I've had a badger ordnance DBM installed into my bell and carlson A5 stock by a local gunsmith.

Now when I cycle the bolt and try to manipulate the safety from fire to safe, it won't move to safe. Also it will not fire. Only way I can get it to fire is by lifting the bolt up and then flipping the safety from fire to safe. Close bolt pull trigger. But, when I lift the bolt and operate the bolt again, it will not fire. I must put the safety from fire to safe while the bolt is lifted. Then flip from safe to fire and it will finally drop the sear.

I took the action back out of the stock and as far as I could tell it worked fine. So I'm assuming the safety mechanism is hanging on the stock somewhere. Kind of hard to figure out where when it's all assembled tho.

So if anyone has ran into this problem and has an answer for me, I would be greatly appreciative if you can steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

Typically on 510's they will have a protruding pin on the side that will rub and cause problems with the m5 bottom metal. Easy solution is a dremel or die grinder to relieve some slots in the area above the trigger in the bottom metal. Put some paint on the trigger pins down by the shoe and insert into stock. It will be contacting the bm and let you know where to start.