• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Prototype #1 Razel SS

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
Here is a shot of the very first prototype (2005) of the Razel (Razor/Chisel) SS (5"). Sv30, complicated grind. Eventually this blade design was run in everything from 3" to 6". When this all began, the grind technique employed here was breaking new ground. The serration top was made to cut heavy nylon net and does it very well. The tip (lower lead) was designed to take great abuse (even on pry) without breaking. These are double grind, razor sharp chisel edges. Not a fighting knife, but a very good task blade(s). Tearing open, scrapping off gaskets, cutting ugly stuff.

knives249.jpg

knives250.jpg

This was the 4" version.

P1010224.jpg

Re: Prototype #1 Razel SS

Man I like the shit outta that. Are they available? What cost?

Thanks, you never know with grinds like this. This is really an extraordinary knife for people who really use their blades hard. For those old enought to remember, tough blades like Jimi's Grey Ghost attempted to provide huge toughness through very thick D2 slabs. They worked well, but for those that carried them, they were heavy. The SS is an equally hard working design, but is not as heavy.

Simple answer to your question is yes.

The Graham Brothers currently are making them in all variants, and you shuold know that they were fortunate enough to have C.R.K.T. pick up two of the SS blades and one straight blade designs for a major commerical run a year ago. Just know that C.R.K.T. insisted that they stretch the blade to 6" (supposedly to keep large bundle nylon on the top), it also has a glass shatter on the hilt.

Customs go here:

http://www.grahamknives.com/gallery.htm

Productions, go to google and put in "Columbia River Razel SS"

Here is a shot of a design I did for fisherman (commercial) ripping the top blade catches the snag line in the 4th blade.
Again, prototype #1 and #2, these are 4" blades. Sv30 again and quite thick.

IMAG0001.jpg

Fistfull of the production run Ringed Razels.

4" blade, two blade (no top serration)

DSCN9956.jpg

The 6" production SS. To my mind the extra inch was too much, but that is what the contract called for. Monster for breach and entry.

IMG23.jpg

Just talked to the shop, if anybody on Sniper's Hide wants a shop made, just call Josh at 423-715-1125 and tell him your from SH and "RT" said you would give a 15% discount. Tyhe production knives can already be found via Google at dirt cheap.

RT

I've always liked this knife. I tried to get one a couple of years ago but I think they had halted orders for a while to catch up? I'm going to pick up a CRKT to try out, but I'm a sucker for custom knives... and 15% off to boot...

Are you one of the Graham brothers? From the looks of your knuckles, I'd guess that you know your way around a grinder
wink.gif

Glad to hear that some know of these.

I'm not Josh or Jon, more like their parole officer. Few can grind as well as Jon. Here is a set of 4" customs. The one on the right is the prototype.

SS4.jpg

To my mind this is the way to go. The balance, weight and shear strength of this blade is something to really behold. On their web site you can see Jon standing their, piercing a steel door over and over with one of these. Some look at this design and say its the ugliest thing they have ever seen, few that take the time to use one give them back. 99% of what people would use a knife for if their knew it would take anything is exactly what this knife is best at doing.

Needless to say we were all pleased when the design made the Xmas cover of Blade.

grahamblade1.jpg

Josh and Jon are great guys and do great work. Here is my custom Razel that they sent me for my vacation in Iraq. Yeah, the sheath is leather for use on MOLLE.

24dmzag.jpg